REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 142 guests
You are here: HomeForummickashurst → View All Posts

View All Posts: mickashurst

12345678910 ... ... 100101102103104105106107108109110

» CNP STRONGMAN 3RD ROUND (Go to post)11-08-2008 @ 16:31 
RobThomas said:
Nice one Mick, you're improving very quickly in Strongman, looking forward to watching you at BSM next year mate!

It would be a dream come true if I could do that Rob,but Im still way to green at the moment.It wont stop me trying though.I think I know what needs the most work and Ill knuckle down in the off season.
» CNP STRONGMAN 3RD ROUND (Go to post)11-08-2008 @ 16:26 
jt said:
great stuff mick, are you going to be powerlifting again in the near future or sticking with strongman?

Thanks JT,
Im probably going to stick with the strongman comps at the moment.I dont think I could do all those max singles aswell as the event training and high rep stuff without falling apart.Hopefully in a while my body will adjust to the pounding its taking.(sore as a boil,and to many niggles to mention)Roll-Eyes
» CNP STRONGMAN 3RD ROUND (Go to post)11-08-2008 @ 16:19 
Martin1956 said:
little_a said:
Westaby was a BSM finalist as you know Mick. You're holding your own against the big boys out there. Onwards and upwards mate.

What he said, Mick! Another great performance, you're coming on in leaps and bounds. You'd never even done any of this stuff this time last year. Remember that cold, wet Saturday morning in Northwich last autumn, and think how far you've come in so short a time!

Nice to hear from you Martin.Hope everthings going well with your training(Im going to have a read through some training Journals on site)Im really enjoying the change at the minute,everthing seems to be improving well at the moment but I need to work my arse off on events through winter.Its the same as powerlifting in that you need to be consistant at all events to stand a chance against any of the top men.Im glad I went down to Northwich with you last winterHappy
» CNP STRONGMAN 3RD ROUND (Go to post)10-08-2008 @ 14:18 
jonnymills said:
Big well done Mick, you are hanging in there with the big boys as basically a novice to the sport.

You will be winning comps like this next year.

Thanks for kind words Millsy.The motto's got to be work hard,harder and harder stillRoll-Eyes
» CNP STRONGMAN 3RD ROUND (Go to post)10-08-2008 @ 13:30 
shawn said:
Thanks for the PM Mick.

Gret perfomance again mate. Anyone film it ?

f**king shocking with Mark Westerby not going to Worlds, Is this Colin Bryce Been a c**t again ?

Dont know if anyone filmed it?Apparently they said Mark had underperformed in BSM this year?
» OH Push and pull - Saturday 9th Aug (date ammended) (Go to post)10-08-2008 @ 13:02 
little_a said:
shawn said:
Finally got down to Adders and now i don't think i'll be leaving, defo make it a very regular thing for me. Grin

Seriously mate, with a little bit more technique you'll do some serious damage. I'd especially like to see you try and push jerk behind neck. If you can hit position I reckon it will be made for you, and I reckon you have more chance of hitting 200K before I do OH.

Big powerful,strong explosive and fast is Shawn just wait until the hips fully recovered.Only 21 years old aswell,imagine the potential!
» CNP STRONGMAN 3RD ROUND (Go to post)10-08-2008 @ 12:53 
little_a said:
Westaby was a BSM finalist as you know Mick. You're holding your own against the big boys out there. Onwards and upwards mate.

Hello Andy,Well Done yesterday mate,cant wait to see video.Yes I think I competed fairly well against all the competitors apart from big Mark,he was well ahead yesterday and he had a point to prove after being left out of Worlds Stongest Man after believing he'd qualified(politics?).
» CNP STRONGMAN 3RD ROUND (Go to post)10-08-2008 @ 12:35 
mickashurst said:
Great competition in Nelson yesterday despite the bad weather.Managed to finish 5th in the end,stones let me down,really found them tough with being wet.No excuses though it was as bad for everyone else.I was in 3rd spot before last event(stones).Ill definately make training them a priority in the future.I was happy overall,managed to win the car deadlift again but lacked conditioning,speed and tecnique on some events.A terrific performance won it for Mark westaby,the comp and the league.

Just found the results from round 3.1ST MARK WESTABY,2ND MARK LAWSON,3RD SIMON FLINT,4TH MICK TOWNLEY,5TH MICK ASHURST,6TH ROB DRENNAN,7TH ADAM TOWNSEND,8TH GARY GARDINER,9TH LEE BOWERS,10TH SEAN O'HAGAN.
» CNP STRONGMAN 3RD ROUND (Go to post)10-08-2008 @ 12:19 
Great competition in Nelson yesterday despite the bad weather.Managed to finish 5th in the end,stones let me down,really found them tough with being wet.No excuses though it was as bad for everyone else.I was in 3rd spot before last event(stones).Ill definately make training them a priority in the future.I was happy overall,managed to win the car deadlift again but lacked conditioning,speed and tecnique on some events.A terrific performance won it for Mark westaby,the comp and the league.
» OH Push and pull - Saturday 9th Aug (date ammended) (Go to post)10-08-2008 @ 11:58 
little_a said:
Thanks to all that turned up and made the day another good un. The atmosphere was typically Adders and everyone turned out to do their best. Too many highlights to include them all but on a hungover Sunday morning I still have images in my head of Alex and Luke (especially) banging those pulls out, a 3 way match up between the most unlikely suspects, Ste Leigh, Joe Hubble and Evergreen Eddie Halstead. Ste, one of the most impressive pressers, failing with a 137 cln, Eddie, one of the countries most prolific lifters ever, failing 135 and 140 jerks after solid clns, and young Joe just, just missing a 140 jerk, again after a cracking clean. Ste declined a pull but Ed and Joe both getting Pb's. Tony B turned up and did what Tony B does best, jumped in and had a go, tieing a PB pull. GPC European champ Gaz Boulton looks like he's starting to enjoy a bit of OH stuff and treated us all to a PB pull to boot. In the absense of the club secretary, Fred Smith, handsome Jeff, easily the most handsome man there, ground his way to a rough as ar****les but brilliantly fought comeback PB of 162 C&J before tweaking his back and pulling out of the deads. Shaun Kenny? WTF? How much of a future could he have in the strength game? 120, 140, 160 dog rough muscle ups, before taking a 170 which he did, and for me was the most impressive of all the OH lifts yesterday. Fast, strong and pretty much fearless with these weights, with a spot of technique there wouldnt be much to get in his way. Bryn threw his hand in the OH ring before turning out some solid deadlifting. The gent of the SM scene Mr Felix turned up after a while absent at Adders, aching, struggling and nursing injuries, hit 160 OH and another deadlift exhibition of 340 380?? and a new club record of 405K, needless to say everyone made just a little bit of noise. Mixed bag for me. 165 175 C&J's apparently in good style before an attempt at a PB 185 wasnt pulled in. I've not been happy lifting for a good few weeks now and maybe a little bit of reinvention is needed. With the atmosphere there yesterday TBH I felt a bit out of it, but there'll be other days I'm sure. Last of the big guns, Mark Clegg. His lifting speaks for itself. 185 was almost power cleaned before being rammed home for a new Adders all comers record, which stood until his next lift of 195. 200 cln was a beauty but just not enough left in the tank to jerk it. Stick a 295 pull with it though and not a bad days work.
The gold medal for going the extra mile has to go to young Mish. After a strong 110 opener he failed to convert 115 twice after good clns, but made up for it with a blinding 200 PB pull. Again, he came from Normandy to take part in our little caper. RESPECT!
Big thanks from all of us to Pete, Aaron and the Turnermator for turning up and loading, Rick for doing the shouting and running of the comp, and obviously Alan for giving us Adlington BBC.

Sorry if I missed anyone, but I'm going from memory, I'm hungover, and I've got a French serial killer in my spare room.

I wish I could have made it down,sounded like an amazing day.A big Well Done to everybody!
» OH Push and pull - Saturday 9th Aug (date ammended) (Go to post)09-08-2008 @ 21:01 
PorkPie said:
Good luck to everyone concerned on Saturday.

I am away on holiday in South West France, just about to get into the pool in fact, otherwise I'd be there.

Come on dont f**king rub it in,pissed down all day here not one glimpse of sunshine.Anyway have a good time and Ill see you when your back mateHappy
» What a fucking pussy! (Go to post)07-08-2008 @ 15:56 
Unbelievable!Bad preparation at any level but you dont usually hear this regarding such a prestigious event.IM STUNNED!Unhappy
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)04-08-2008 @ 17:47 
Your getting stronger,faster and better everytime I see you train at the dungeon.Well Done!Cool
» Sparrow Legs Strongman Training (Go to post)03-08-2008 @ 20:32 
Joni said:
there is a word in english language which was invented just to describe the kinds of sets like your 5x150, and thats SOLID!

Really impressed by everybody today,but Millsys stone work stood out,both of us neck and neck on 150 but remember Im about 6 stones heavier!
» Englands Strongest Man U105 (Go to post)30-07-2008 @ 13:09 
jonnymills said:
Big well done to all the lads who competed, especially JT and JC!

Good work on the camera too Will!

Just got back off hols so only just seen result.Just like to congratulate all sugden members who competed at the weekend,and especially JC for qualifying!Cool

12345678910 ... ... 100101102103104105106107108109110

You are here: HomeForummickashurst → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions