REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 219 guests
You are here: HomeForummickashurst → View All Posts

View All Posts: mickashurst

12345678910 ... ... 100101102103104105106107108109110

» Adlington Barbell mourns the loss of the legend that was Alan Fairclough (Go to post)22-03-2013 @ 17:12 
Very sad news. I only found out last night.
I didn't know Alan as well as some of you on here but I had real admiration for the man.
I don't need to mention his achievements, we all know what Alan could do in his heyday!
He was a great coach aswell as a competitor & it was always a pleasure being around him at all the competitions.
Unfortunatly I only got to train at Adlington a few times due to injury & family commitments. But after a couple of sessions under Alan's guidance there was a marked improvement in what I could clean & put over my head.
He was really first class.
He really will be missed by everyone.
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)13-01-2013 @ 21:10 
Very strong Frontie's mate. Plenty left in there!
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)25-12-2012 @ 13:04 
Still a very solid looking session mate. look how the poundages have flown up this year. Even though you felt you were a little below par you'd still of beat the JC of a year ago on form!
Oh, by the way Merry Christmas to Everybody!!Happy
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 11:47 
I'm sorry mate but I might have to give piss up a miss tommorow night. I woke up as sick as a dog this morning! I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be better!
I said:A 300 kg squat is in you now mate. Like you said last week you looked very strong & probably would of nailed it. It's just a matter of picking the right day now.
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 11:45 
A 300 kg squat is in you now mate. Like you said last week you looked very strong & probably would of nailed it. It's just a matter of picking the right day now.
JC said:Robbo - aye no biggie missing the 300...starting a new build up in the year with goals of 270x5, 280x3 and 300+

I'm also contemplating doing the above whilst loseing some KG...I'm too vain to get any fatter and need to be 120 I reckon to have the static strength to do waht I'd like to try to do at open

John - thanks mate.....looking forward to getting mullered Thursday Grin
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)19-12-2012 @ 11:40 
I've not weighed myself for a few weeks but I reckon about 122(I was 115 back in August!) I'm nowhere near full strength but I've made some good gains over last month or so. Hopefully will be there or there abouts in next 6-12 months. The main priority for me is Keeping my back in 1 piece. Using an inversion table, rumble roller & have to stretch virtually everyday, sometimes several times otherwise it regresses. Do need to do more CS really but I'm prone to being a lazy bas***d from time to time
Robbo said:
What's the bodyweight now Mick? Close to full strength again?

Roll-Eyes
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)18-12-2012 @ 17:09 
Come on JC, NAIL 300 tonight!!!!
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)18-12-2012 @ 17:08 
Thanks mate. Believe me it feels good to be back. It looks like the lay off has done me good. My back is probably as good as it will get. It ain't perfect but I could never of expected that anyway.If nothing else I can train much better now & without too much discomfort so very happy. I just hope I can keep it going now!!
Sparrow said:
X 2! Fantastic lifting - making it look easy.
Good to see you back at it Mick.

Happy
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)18-12-2012 @ 17:03 
Don't take my word for it mate I only think I'm right. I may be talking bollock's. Explaining things does'nt come easy for me. Another way of describing it I think would be to say get the hips & shoulders lifting at the same time. Not hips up 1st
Peltomaa said:Cheers Mick

in fact, i could not even think about JCs Dlift so scientifically, but yeah you're probably right and i agree with you...
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)14-12-2012 @ 20:44 
Have to have a closer look next time we deadlift. I see what you mean Andy.
But yeah it's a superb lift & I don't want to sound critical but I reckon theres quite a bit more to be had from JC right now. Like it's been mentioned earlier, the bar practically flys off the floor!
The platform a Catts is a bit f**ked up at the moment though, dipping here & there. One side or the other of discs rolls down a hollow. Not the best set up TBH. I've started deadlifting again with James over the last couple of months & I've found it hard to get the start of the lift right probably partly because of this. We could do with asking Wayne if he can fix it.
AndyCoupe said:
I noticed that as soon as JC pulls the bar, it immediately comes towards him before rising. I dont know if thats him rounding over or the bar being too far away from him for the start of the pull?
Im no expert but i've been watching myself & Millsy in fine detail & these things become very noticeable to me.
Still a mint lift!
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)14-12-2012 @ 19:35 
Could be that JC's hips rise to quickly in the 1st part of the lift. Looked at it bit by bit & his legs have straightened before the bar hits his knees then he unlocks them (getting under it) before finishing the lift. It makes it very hard to get the hips through from that position. If he can keep his hips down a wee bit longer it might slow the initial pull slightly but would accelerate to lockout once the bar got past his knees. I suppose it's easy for me to talk about but not so easy to perform though!
Peltomaa said:Yes i have see you are very strong from floor to over knees, but struggling with last 10cm Confused Any ideas? Of course max pulls are always tough, but in your case it looks like you have a suit from floor to knee Happy and then just run without gas last 10cm...
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)12-12-2012 @ 21:18 
The 270 triple was a walk in the park last night.
300 kg PB is gonna go next week mate!!!
» Ed Hall's 340kgx2 squat video (Go to post)12-12-2012 @ 21:12 
IPF depth squat or not Ed is still very very strong.
Going back 30 years or so Tony Stevens squatted 380 in a BWLA powerlifting comp. I don't think there were suits around then so would of been raw & he was in the 100 KG class. Would have loved to have seen that.
Take a trawl through youtube & you may find a vid from no more than 4 years back of him squatting 330 in a Inzer Z suit(which practically give you f**k all!)
Amazing thing about it was he wasn't far of 60 years old when he did it.
Back in the 80's he did 227.5 raw bench & 362.5 deadlift. Totalled 960 raw apart from knee wraps which I wouldn't imagine were much cop back then.
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)05-12-2012 @ 18:46 
Robbo said:
No he sucks them off. Millsy got sick of it. Chaos however, loves it!!!

Hello Robbo, hope you are well. I hear you are more of an animal now than when I last saw you!!
Glad my name didn't crop alongside Millsy's Wink
» Life is like a box of Chocolates (Go to post)05-12-2012 @ 18:43 
Yeah I'll be there. See you tommorow John.
chaos said:Ay up Mick, you going Catts tomorrow too?

12345678910 ... ... 100101102103104105106107108109110

You are here: HomeForummickashurst → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions