Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumHarry → View All Posts

View All Posts: Harry

» Your size and other people (Go to post)06-04-2014 @ 00:24 
I've noticed this outside of Corp moreso than in it. Random drug dealers on the street along Div street want to bulls**t you and then slip in "want some weed m8?" Thats why I started to notice it and then I went Embrace and some places in Leeds.

Its usually guys who are voiceful after some drink, bodybuilders just look around for their reflection.
» Smoking... (Go to post)05-04-2014 @ 11:58 
dr_hazbun said:Have you tried vaping?

On a related note, any non-smokers out there tempted to try out vaping? I certainly am. I know the e-cigarette target market are people who already smoke conventional cigarettes, but I wonder how many non-smokers out there have gone out to buy them..

Saw 5 of them last night alone in a club. Pretty popular.
» Why Push Press (Go to post)05-04-2014 @ 11:57 
All these arguments for jerks, PP and strict presses.

Why not two of them? I dont like jerking as most gyms have s**t floor surfaces so best not take to it just in case.
» Your size and other people (Go to post)05-04-2014 @ 11:54 
DIsclaimer: I know full well my weight @ 102kg is nothing compared to the guys on here but ever since I went from 11.5 to 16 (and a bit) stones since 2009 I've noticed recently just how many guys eye f**k you and want to hug/wrestle/bro hug you.

Whats up with this?

Just out in Sheffield last night and I clocked 10-12 guys, none of whom I knew checking me out and wanting to hug me, not in a gay way but I think from an admiration point of view?

I see a lot of women eyeing me too but they're like a deer in headlights. I'm not even the biggest around.

I wasn't even wearing light coloured tight clothes either, a Corp night doesn't call for it.

Anyone else get this?
» Moving from a unequipped cycle to a equipped (single ply) cycle (Go to post)28-11-2013 @ 20:44 
I read that as Unemployed and thought "WTF"

Drink foes not do well on these forums.
» American Football...wtf ? (Go to post)29-10-2013 @ 10:35 
JC said:
Wont ever happen
During/after WC 1994 all's we heard were how the states would be a world force in football within 15-20 years later
20 years later in Rio, they will be lucky to make it to the quarters

For a country that doesn't really give a s**t about "soccer" where the rest of the world does, they are doing well.

Football however is being seen as a good alternative to the main sports they have and is growing. You dont have to be 250lbs+ or over 6'6" to play at a decent level or be able to smash a ball out of the ball park.

Rugby is boring for me and so is the NFL. I watch the hits on youtube but other than that its zzzzzzzzzz
» cramp whilst squatting (Go to post)19-10-2013 @ 20:06 
Wayne_Cowdrey said:I've never experienced cramp in my life and therefore have no idea what it feels like.

If you stretch regularly, warm-down after a gym session and keep fluids up the likelihood of cramp goes down.

They are an absolute b**ch when you get them though. Hamstring ones are the worst and they can really f**k your leg up. God help you if both your legs cramp at the same time.
» Bench vs no bench to improve your shoulder press (Go to post)02-10-2013 @ 23:49 
JFL said:The point about this post was to acknowledge the differences in developing your shoulder press versus the use of the bench press everyone will find different exercises will help them no exercise if done properly is cheating and purity in weight lifting will never happen we all have different body shapes longer trunks typically have to work their core harder on push press or military vs a short trucked individuals.
Short limbed has a good benefit for bench vs a long limbed person.
Taller individuals tend to use heir trunk unlike shorter individuals tend to squat down hence why short statured people are naturally good at squat and taller individuals are naturally better at deadlif.
It's all recognising your strengths and what suits you.

Incline bench has has a big impact as well as floor press on my shoulder press.

I'm lad this sparked a conversation cheers

I am all for the long limbed people but the strongest strongmen are well over 6. If you fill out your frame and can utilise technique, I dont see how a short limbed person can out perform you.

Granted a man with longer arms does take longer to fill out, I've found adding bicep exercises helps stability in pressing.
» Bench vs no bench to improve your shoulder press (Go to post)02-10-2013 @ 23:45 
Rodger said:
Whats a trap pull mate? Upright row?

Oh I just do a snatch grip on the bar. Have a decent weight on it and do a sort of snatch power row/pull. You gain momentum with your legs and pull it up like you were going to snatch it but you dont.
» zinc and magnesium hullusinations. (Go to post)29-09-2013 @ 13:26 
martin said:I am rather ignorant to their side effects BUT I have had some very strange experiences whilst asleep over the last few months and I use ZMA on a semi regular basis (when I remember to take them)

My missus woke me up as I was pressing my forearm down her face one night. Also she woke up to find me knelt over her face....

Both of which I was completely unaware until she woke me to stop me.

Did my any chance you do this before your GF? Say a ONS?

I can just imagine the surprise. Grin
» If you fall on your arse during a lift make sure you do this (Go to post)29-09-2013 @ 13:23 
I've not practiced those flips in a while but I could do them. They're awesome. Grin
» Bench vs no bench to improve your shoulder press (Go to post)29-09-2013 @ 13:19 
Also a big tip for overhead pressers is to make sure that you have strong upper trapezius as this will help in stabilising your shoulder girdle

I agree on this. Wide and close-grip trap pulls help develop these outside of the deadlift and so do the one-armed DB press.

Having developed my OH pressing a bit, I have excluded push pressing techniques which in my mind cancel out the true benefit of OH development unless you are aiming for maximum weight.

You'll find more often than not a man who can shift (for example) 100KG by pressing it is stronger at pressing from a dead stop than a man who can push press it for reps.

I use fat gripz, fat bar and a thick handle on Dbs. I've noticed a good change over the past 4 months in my upper body area.
» Leeds - places to eat (Go to post)29-09-2013 @ 13:10 
milsy said:Red bar and grill - man vs food American style place

I've always wondered how big a s**t that Man Vs Food does afterwards.
» sissy squats (Go to post)11-07-2013 @ 01:17 
Do you have to wear a tight, yellow or pink shirt for these?
» Trav's Kitchen (hell ain't got shit on me) (Go to post)08-07-2013 @ 19:59 
I dont see why this venture isn't more popular. I know most guys on here aren't of the commercial gym rat nature asking about the nearest McDonalds during their ab workout. Roll-Eyes

If I were competing or leaving a gym I'd appreciate the likes of this venture, banana protein shake with cold milk after a hot session? Yes please.

That and it doesn't kill your wallet.

You are here: HomeForumHarry → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site