Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumHarry → View All Posts

View All Posts: Harry

» Play time tonight thanks to JT (Go to post)25-02-2012 @ 23:02 
Do you have a link to these trainer logs?

How are they different to heavier logs which are at a set weight with bars at the side to add extra plates?
» FAO Vanilla Gorilla (Go to post)25-02-2012 @ 23:00 
Takeaways are not cheap, I dont know why loads of students/others get it on a regular basis.
» Sugden's Shortest Man (Go to post)25-02-2012 @ 22:58 
Do squats and deads flatten you to a midget you think? Grin
» Tesco perm job on jobseekers (Go to post)19-02-2012 @ 01:42 
If you are to work in retail, being a part of Tesco is something you should aim for.

One of the best employers in the country and trust me, I know what the competition is like employability-wise.
» Is this a crock of shit? (Go to post)16-02-2012 @ 16:18 
Thanks for the replies guys.
» Is this a crock of shit? (Go to post)15-02-2012 @ 19:50 
shanejer said:what do you mean by you get more from DB improvments?

Depends what your idea of strength is ...... is your general pressing as impressive as dumbells? I know i couldn't do 70kg dumbells but i would say i am an ok presser.

I have been able to progress better on DBs than on BB and the bench hurt my shoulders.

I am an ok presser (I hope) 90KG OH press so nothign special but this doesn't hurt my shoulders.

I am just interested if anyone on here can switch between BP and DB after a long while and still lift the comparitive weight or close to it.
» Is this a crock of shit? (Go to post)15-02-2012 @ 19:33 
I've been sticking exclusively to DBs the past year now as bench press is not my fave lift and I get more from DB improvements.

However the article claims to put DBs in the shade when it comes to overall strength and I dont buy it. When you're hitting 60-70KG DB range (yes lightweight for some here) that doesn't transfer to the benchpress and the same goes for benchpress am I right?

Do you agree that they are very different and its like comparing front squats to back squats?
» Is this a crock of shit? (Go to post)15-02-2012 @ 19:18 
Read on another forum (not the linked site) about how biceps help stabilise the DB bench press.

How much truth is in this article? Yes I know its BB.com but I know a fair few muppets who will latch onto this type of thing and preach it like baby jesus.

[url=]http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pectoral-battle-royale.html?CJ... [/url]

Also, why are they comparing BB to Dbs? The transfer of either two varies so you cannot compare them both really?
» Britain's Strongest Teenager. (Go to post)13-02-2012 @ 18:23 
If she was 18 I'd be fantasising about certain things.
» Britain's Strongest Teenager. (Go to post)13-02-2012 @ 17:56 
left the handbrake on?

What a dosey t**t.
» Things no one ever taught me/Things you did right/Things you'd differently (Go to post)03-02-2012 @ 16:57 
Post Edited: 03.02.2012 @ 16:57 PM by Harry
For like a year and a bit I was just generally doing typical stuff, I put on noob gains to the tune of 10KG or more. Did back squats and bench with some deadlifts here and there but not properly.

I've always been supple since a young age when I first did martial arts. I can do the splits easily and know how to respond to aches and pains in my body. Never heard of foam rollers until early 2010 but I just started in summer 2009.

Now I am doing all the things I really want to do to improve my strength and size does come with this.

Eat right, rest right. Not 100% on them all the time but better than I was.

Haven't been able to show off in competition but I hope to compete in 2-3 years.
» so angry (Go to post)30-01-2012 @ 15:10 
Planet fitness or whatever it is called in the USA has smith machines and no squat racks. They threw people out who made any noise and deadlifts were not allowed.

They still do well because a lot of people sign up for the $10 monthly term and dont cancel it if they never go back.
» Odd/awkward items you lift occasionally to show he world how strong you are (Go to post)28-01-2012 @ 22:57 
Post Edited: 28.01.2012 @ 22:57 PM by Harry
Thing said:
are you going for the bowling grip? Wink

Well, the flyers (those you lift) are well prepared for 'breaking the fanny' as they put it by a back.

Although the closest I've come to doing that is accidently slipping my hand up her arse crack and making her yelp as I pushed her up. Grin
» Odd/awkward items you lift occasionally to show he world how strong you are (Go to post)28-01-2012 @ 22:56 
kirkynick said:
I'm confused. Are you actually a male in a cheerleading squad? Do you wear a skirt?

Stunt co-ed cheerleading.

Men bring a needed boost of strength and stability in a stunt group. No I dont wear a skirt. its quite fun and has given be an incentive to get my push press up.
» milfs? (Go to post)28-01-2012 @ 22:52 
Ive had a few.

They're more straight up dirty and you dont have to train them in most things unlike young women.

You are here: HomeForumHarry → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site