Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumJonnyR → View All Posts

View All Posts: JonnyR

» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)28-05-2017 @ 18:58 
If Licis' reps counted I have no idea how thors didn't
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)28-05-2017 @ 18:54 
Puts down at 11, gets 15th at 58 seconds with a 60 second time limit.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)28-05-2017 @ 17:46 
Post Edited: 28.05.2017 @ 17:48 PM by JonnyR
LegendHowes said:Mohammed Ali had the same persona every 1 loved him

He got attention yeah, just like Edd. There's nothing wrong with it, just prefer more humble guys, forget the trash talk. The results do the talking. That's why I like Z.

Didn't like Ali, I mean, he got sportsman of the century abd represented the spirit of sportsmanship at the 2012 olympics. But how bragging and taunting your opponents, like shooting toy guns at Joe Frazier outside his home or calling him a 'gorilla' be considered the behaviour of a good sportsman?

Anyway. Eddie won, he deserves it. Thor and Brian made mistakes, notably on the squat for thor losing balance and costing him a rep/ 3 points and shaw obviously underperforming on the truck pull despite claiming he 'never makes mistakes'. When will athletes learn to shut up and just give their best performance lol. Well done Edd.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)28-05-2017 @ 17:23 
Totally agree lol. He's a bit up himself with the 'I can do anything I want' persona... but he is one of the strongest men in history. Statically he is I would say. So hit would be injustice not to have a trophy to claim that, even if the competition did favour him.

AdamT said:Shaw clapped Eddie.

I don't particularly like Eddie, but sour grapes from Thor. The better man won.

It's tough for me to write this, but nobody deserves WSM more than Eddie. He said he will pull 500, he f**king did. He said he would be WSM, he did that too.

I might not like his persona, but I have huge respect for his ability and character.

So if this hater can congratulate Ed, others can too.

Ed stay retired. I don't want a repeat of today lol
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)28-05-2017 @ 15:17 
He's just won. 4th in the stones. It was an unusually heavy static competition, especially with tyre flip. But that's the name of the game, it's variety, allows every dog to have his day. Today's is eddies. Might have been different otherwise but he's still won. I just hope he doesn't get all boastful abd start preaching to 'never doubt him'.. like he's above everyone. Chance, oppurtunity, he's done it.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)27-05-2017 @ 16:14 
https://youtu.be/CbO6jE0n-G4

Thor got 15 too? Must have gone down to fast on one? He got 13 without stopping compared to edds 11. Thors overhead has got immense. It's too bad he's not gonna have a good run at the title.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)27-05-2017 @ 11:07 
I reckon for squat it'll be:
Eddie
Thor
Brian
Caron
Zydrundas
Licis
Shahlei
Kielowski
Best
» JonnyR's Training log; (Go to post)22-02-2015 @ 16:50 
About time I started recording my training and using this site for feedback. Been training 20 months though have started losing motivation last few, so best to start processing why im stalling and losing motivation. Need to start eating a lot more and sleeping a lot better!

Current pb's at 80 kg is 185kg x 5 Deadlift - with some hitching, 145kg x 6 Olympic Squat, 110kg x 5 paused (very briefly paused) Bench press, and 76kg x 6 strict press.

All beltless, strapless and wrapless/ sleeveless.

Hopefully start training tonight after over a week off!
» Powerlifting suits, belt, elbow sleves, slip ons and Bench shirts for Sale. (Go to post)22-02-2015 @ 16:43 
Hey guys (and girls), had a spendfest on a load of gear not thinking for 2 seconds whether id use it in the long term and how hard the stuff is to get on! My interest has died, im sticking to rawr lifting. So these items have never been used, couple bits tried on but thats it. Huge reduction in price, as good as new, most still in packaging!

For sale (all never been used):

Titan Velocity conventional stance Deadlift suit size 38: Bought on Pullum-sports £145, Take £95

Titan Super Katana straight sleeve bench shirt size's 38, 36 and 44 (mixup on sizes) Bought on Pullum-sports £165 a peice, Take £105 each - In packaging

Titan Super Centurion NXG super plus regular stance size's 38 and 30: Bought on Pullum-sports £165 a peice, Take £105 each - In packaging

Titan Deadlift/ Squat Suit slip ons: Bought on Pullum-sports £20, Take £10
Titan Bench shirt slip ons: Bought on Pullum-sports £20, Take £10 - In packaging

Strengthshop Triple ply elbow sleves, Large - used by beasts like Eddie hall, unused packagingbag a bit broke when opening to check them out but still bagged up, Bought off strengthshop £35, Take £20

Harbinger velcrove belt, 5 inch, still got plastic hook label on buckle as never used, think I bought for £20, Take £7.50

If your interested just comment or private message. Up for postage and packaging (will look into costs) or pick up, Park Road Congresbury, Bristol/ North Somerset area, BS495HE.

Cheers.
» Jonny's Training Log (Go to post)19-05-2013 @ 22:28 
Finished my third workout late last night.

Doing the same chunking routine as I tried on my second workout, I managed to fit nearly everything in. I only did one set of Squats as on my second set I went down way too deep and did not put in enough effort to push up to make the rep. Limited timing waiting for another set on Preacher curl, which I completed; decreasing the Dumbbell weight to work on my form. I may do between 6-8 reps on this exercise from now on, feeling more burn and over all use of my biceps using increased reps on the second set.

I did add two sets of Leg extensions near the end of the workout to make up for my lacking set in the Squat. Though I did get the sets I missed in the second workout in; Leg curls, Dumbbell rows and Bent Cable rows, I could not find a thorough exercise for calves. Only to find great discomfort holding sufficient weight on an olympic bar on my knee's when trying a sat Calve raise exercise. I did not attempt it.

I've also found instead of doing Bent Cable rows, Sat high rows are much more efficient in targeting my middle and upper lats, as form with Bent cable rows seems to be inconsistent and ugly.

I also dropped the Muscle Cleaning exercise, as my body was tired and I felt doing a power developing exercise, I would not benefit from it if I was only putting in 60% effort.

None of my workouts so far have gone to plan. I have over and underestimated rep ranges and weights and well as timing and coordinating exercises between rest periods. Though as this is only my first week I hope to know how my body develops each workout, and what my resistance moving ability is in the 5 repetition range.

I have also become aware that the sequence of sets of exercises effect on performance in exercises. So I will become more aware of how I will benefit from either working through muscle groups continuously, or separating worked muscle groups for better recovery during the workout and therefore better performances on the exercises.

This I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions on. Though Discipline of diet, strict routine and timing of workout, as well as scheduling of both are also things I now realise I need to develop.

Here was my third workout routine:

5 minute warm up and stretching; Jogging on the spot

Half a Dozen press ups and plyometric press ups

Flat Bench press;
75 kg x 5 reps

4 mins rest

75 kg x 5 reps

4 mins rest while Squatting;

110 kg x 4 reps

4 mins rest while Incline Bench pressing;

62.5 kg x 5 reps

4 mins rest failing to complete a Set of Squats for the above reasons.

Shoulder press;
55 kg x 4 reps

4 mins rest while Preacher Dumbbell curling;

26.5 kg x 6 reps R
23.5 kg x 5 reps L

4 mins rest while Shoulder pressing;

55 kg x 4 reps

1 1/2 mins rest Deadlifting;

117 kg x 5

while forgetting to super set with: Tricep Cable Extensions;

22.5 kg x 8

2 extra minutes rest while Preacher Dumbbell curling;

18.5 kg x 8 + 3 reps R (20-30 seconds rest during left arm Dumbbell Preach curls)
18.5 kg x 8 reps L

Followed by Deadlifting;

117 kg x 5 reps

Straight after, over 1 minute late; Lat-pull downs;

55 kg x 5

4 mins rest while Leg curling;

22.5 kg x 10

4 mins rest while Lat-pull downs;

55 kg x 6

4 mins rest while Leg curling;

27.5 kg x 5

4 mins rest while Bent Dumbbell Rowing;

34 kg x 6 reps R 6 reps L

4 mins rest while Leg Extending;

40 kg x 8 reps

Behind neck Weighted Sit ups (foot assisted on bench);

3 kg x 11 reps

4 mins rest while Bent Cable Rowing;

65 kg x 6 (with no real emphasis of form)

65 kg x 7 sat Rows for half reps overworking Latts

Behind neck Weighted Sit ups (foot assisted on bench);

3 kg x 5 reps
A Dozen crunches
2 Un-weighted Sit ups on bench

Warm down and Stretches some time after workout (15 minutes after or so)
» Jonny's Training Log (Go to post)19-05-2013 @ 20:27 
Post Edited: 19.05.2013 @ 21:06 PM by JonnyR
Sawyers said:Goals?

Hmmm, I have many in mind. Time Scale wise the next 8 weeks or so. Though I'd rather hear your humble thoughts first, before I put out my widely overemphasised optimism lol.

What do you think in 8-10 weeks or so I could gain?
» Jonny's Training Log (Go to post)19-05-2013 @ 18:58 
Post Edited: 19.05.2013 @ 20:19 PM by JonnyR
Finished my second workout late a few days ago. Was supposed to do it the night before but, lack of time inhibited me after getting home late, visiting my gran and talking to my girlfriend for a while.

Anyway, bumpy start - seeing as I did not complete five of my exercises; on my Calves, Abbs, Hamstrings and Lats. Though I did work my lats with one exercise. I chunked together my Lower body workout with my Upper body. Timing and constant changing of plates did cause me to miss other exercises. I will have time to work my Abbs, Hamstrings and Calves tomorrow, Saturday.

Here was my second workout routine:

5 minute warm up and stretching; Jogging on the spot

Half a Dozen press ups and plyometric press ups

Flat Bench press;

70 kg x 5 reps

4 min rest

70 kg x 6 reps

4 mins rest while Squatting;

101 kg x 5 reps

4 mins rest while Incline Bench pressing;

60 kg x 5 reps

2-3 mins rest while Squatting;

101 kg x 5 reps

4 mins rest while Preacher Dumbbel curling;

22.5 kg x 6 reps R 5 reps L

4 mins rest while Deadlifting;

111 kg x 5 reps

4 mins rest while Preacher Dumbel curling;

22.5 kg x 6 reps R 5 reps L

4 mins rest while Deadlifting;

111 kg x 5 reps

50 kg x 6 reps

4 mins rest while Muscle Cleaning;

60 kg x 5 reps

50 kg x 6 reps

4 mins rest while Muscle Cleaning;

60 kg x 6 reps

4 mins rest

Shoulder press;

50 kg x 7 reps

4 mins rest

50 kg x 6 reps

Straight after, Cable Tricep extensions;

20 kg x 8 reps

Stretches some time after end of workout, but no Warm down. (20 minutes after or so)
» Jonny's Training Log (Go to post)13-05-2013 @ 22:30 
Post Edited: 13.05.2013 @ 22:37 PM by JonnyR
Been a member on this site for years. Posted a few questions out of curiosity. Taken a bit of stick. But i finally started lifting, and hope to have fun doing so. That is the basic reason for lifting; enjoy yourself as you see yourself progress.

So that's what Im going to do.

Ive started off doing around one set per exercise.

Here was my first upper body routine;

5 minute warm up and stretching; Jogging on the spot (Ditched skipping after a minute)

A Dozen press ups and plyometric press ups

Flat Bench press;
70 kg x 5 reps x 2 sets

4 mins rest between sets

Incline Bench press;
60 kg x 5 reps

4 mins rest

Strict Press;
50 kg x 5 reps x 2 sets

4 mins rest between sets

Cable Tricep extensions;
20 kg x 7 reps

no rest

Lat pull-downs (close grip);
60 kg x 5 reps x 2 sets

4 mins rest between sets

Bent Dumbbell rows;
32.5 kg x 7 R x 5 L

4 mins rest

Bent Cable row;
60 kg x 5

no rest

50 kg x 6

Hang power clean;

70 kg x 3 reps

4 mins rest

60 kg x 6 reps

5 minute warm down and stretches
» Europes strongest man qualifiers for different regions... (Go to post)27-11-2012 @ 16:05 
Thanks for your Input guys.
» Europes strongest man qualifiers for different regions... (Go to post)20-11-2012 @ 20:25 
could you possibly compete in a scottish, irish or welsh qualifier.. even if your not from their region?

Or is that not allowed?

You are here: HomeForumJonnyR → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site