REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 229 guests
You are here: HomeForumJonnyR → View All Posts

View All Posts: JonnyR

» Arnold's Ohio (Go to post)03-03-2018 @ 00:32 
I don't get this point system...
First why did thor get points for a break and a shoulder when Brian and others got it to their knees and stood up with it, as well as chested it, on separate attempts.

Wouldn't it be tacticak to beat a guy shouldering it by just breaking it breifly, then lapping it breifly and then lap and stand up with it on 3 separate attempts?

If so I don't think it's a fair system, because taking 3 attempts to barely stand with it is nowhere near as impressive as shouldering it.
» Impressive social media lifts (Go to post)20-02-2018 @ 08:53 
Mikeneto said:
Terry Holland's said Ed isn't doing WSM in the BSM thread.
I think he will just do log at ESM.

I think so too. Doesn't post any other training vids thus far other than pressing so it's the only thing he's really pushing. He's not as driven and won't want to lose to thor at europes again after beating him at worlds and coming close at the last europes. He's keeping his weight for his overhead strength, especially considering he leans back in his lifts to use more chest (needs the belly etc)... although he's using leg drive now.

He said he's not competing again because he doesn't want to, he's pushed it as far as it will go, nothing to do with promoting. Note the emotion.
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)28-01-2018 @ 20:12 
Post Edited: 28.01.2018 @ 20:51 PM by JonnyR
Think he's holding onto his weight to break the log record. So his weight (belly) allows him to lean back and use more chest. I don't think he'll do WSM. Like he's said he doesn't want to ruin his reputation. The contest he won was one of a kind static. They can't repeat that s**t lol.
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)27-01-2018 @ 19:17 
Go HICKS!!!!
» Britain's Strongest Man 2018/Giants Live GB (Go to post)27-01-2018 @ 19:01 
Nice one Hicks! Would love to see him get 1st or 2nd! Deadlift used to be a weakness!!!!
» Giants live Manchester - who's your money on? (Go to post)05-10-2017 @ 09:30 
SteBennett said:
I've always supported ed, I believed he'd pull 500kg, I believed he'd win worlds a long time before most people did. But now I believe he's dropped off his training. Just because I'm not blindly believing every word he says doesn't mean "I'm giving him s**t", no body has said anything disrespectful about him. But a lot of people believe he had zero intention of competing me included, I said it before the show and it seems too big a coincidence. His social media style has changed since worlds, nearly everything he posts now is a video from before worlds!
You're entitled to believe him, why you're getting so offended others don't is beyond me.
» Giants live Manchester - who's your money on? (Go to post)04-10-2017 @ 09:37 
Post Edited: 04.10.2017 @ 09:41 AM by JonnyR
RebeccaRoberts said:
Why would he try the log then? If he had no intentions surely he wouldnt have bothered and just said his piece before they started?
I dont believe it for a second, eddies dedicated and would definitely have wanted to have a go for his fans and do his best. It wasnt meant to be because he was ill, he is only human

Well didn't he go home before the meet and greet thing just like last year at leeds?.. where he injured his calve but two days later was pulling 420 x 3 sets of 3... Neither did he apologise or explain on social media for pulling out of either competition, which doesnt really show his respect for his fans (away from the stadium either). He's posted no training vids, just old ones and has claimed 150 for a 'lot' of reps, but wouldn't post anything even though he's notorious for filming his progress and impressive lifts. Recall him claiming to have broken his foot during Giants live in 2015 in a competition with Bergmann, even though he wouldnt let the doctors look at it and continued unhindered. So he can put on drama when it suits him. He's planning something bigger clearly, but I think it explains why they had the log lift before the 'Deadlift world championships' too, an event that until now has always allowed the athletes to show their true deadlift strength fresh at the start of the comp. Isn't he one of the organisers?
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)01-06-2017 @ 20:35 
MJG said:
I would have thought most top level strongmen are technically obese.

I think that's why the beard trend has emerged... it disguises a fat face
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)31-05-2017 @ 11:55 
Post Edited: 31.05.2017 @ 11:56 AM by JonnyR
Hopefully next year it might be loz's dream final, I think he has a real do or die attitude. Maybe
460 Yoke 1st
Barrel squat 1st (now eddies gone)
Max axle maybe joint 3rd
Farmers walk 1st
Power stairs or arm over arm 4th
Atlas stones 5th although a big ask
Would be enough for 50.5 points if everyone performs within there best
If only countback still counted
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)30-05-2017 @ 20:49 
Post Edited: 30.05.2017 @ 20:50 PM by JonnyR
LaTuta said:
True... Didn't look like the elephant bar at the arnolds.

https://ibb.co/kUDUOF

https://ibb.co/ijo2ca

Shadow line makes it look a little less with the light division... but that's like 3 inches of flex on 440
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)30-05-2017 @ 18:36 
But it was suited on a long flexi bar? Surely that allows another 30kg
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)29-05-2017 @ 17:51 
AdamT said:
I have an opportunity to troll, but keep it sensible.
Ed did mention his injury, but it was his crazy fans saying it cost him. Oh and of course the show mentioned it once or twice.
Brian wouldn't have won anyway. His plane pull was before deadlift.
Anyway hope Thor comes back next year.
Injuries happen in the sport. These guys push their bodies to the limit. No matter what I say on here, I respect all athletes.

His facebook post after it 2016 aired and newspapers he spoke with do show he said the injury cost him. It's natural to have regrets and questions.. but thor can't be blamed for being the only one. Don't thin it would have changed anything for either of them though. He was 11 points behind last year abd brian eased up on the stones.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1174084142712030&substory_index=0&id=559762394144211

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/eddie-hall-believes-injury-cost-h...

Wonder whether brian did say something because the others used suits but he assumed it would be suit less like the arnold. He didn't wear a suit last year on max.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)29-05-2017 @ 11:56 
SteBennett said:
There was a subtle dig at worlds though I think, he says they'll not mention his tear on tv

Seems a bit unfair since they were bigging up eddies injury the whole show last time. He said it cost him the title so... you could kind of compare that with thor if people wanna say eddie never whined. Amazing performance no doubt last year. Doesn't matter now though.
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)28-05-2017 @ 21:29 
PaulSavage said:
150kg x 10 converts to 200kg 1rm and think hall did 11 straight before a put down, maybe could have done 13. Considering he did a 216kg strict axle easy at europes, I'd assume it would have to a good bit heavier than 150kg to only get 15 in 75 seconds when its balanced for you and using legs. Course viking is very much leverage/height dependant, would have been easier for thor and shaw.

How far their arms had to lean back with the apparatus I would have thought it'd make it harder
» World's Strongest Man 2017 (Go to post)28-05-2017 @ 19:49 
drex50 said:Halls deadlift was immense. Too easy.

Is there any footage you could link to?

You are here: HomeForumJonnyR → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions