Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumJonnyR → View All Posts

View All Posts: JonnyR

» I Dont train, but i really want to... but i seem to have got weaker? (Go to post)12-08-2011 @ 18:54 
Lol .. i can see you didnt read the post... But, basically i just check out my strict press and bench every now and than (3-5 months) .. for a max effort.

But i dont weight train, but my strict press has gone down from 74 kg 6 months ago, to 61 kg today... even though i didnt warm up. But it was a sloppy warm up 6 months ago also.

Deadlift is just that my 20 rep weight doesnt match up with my 1RM. Which iss 130 kg
.. 105 being my 20 rep weight.
» I Dont train, but i really want to... but i seem to have got weaker? (Go to post)12-08-2011 @ 18:48 
Post Edited: 12.08.2011 @ 21:27 PM by JonnyR
Ok.. so i used to be real interested (even though i still am) in weightlifting. I got my first set of dumbells at 13, and played about with them for a while.. on and off for a year, as usual.
Then i moved up and got a bench for christmas. I again, didnt really make any long halls on programs.. and changed up alot, even one time repping over 2000 reps on a dumbell curl for a couple of weeks (still was a lil unsure lol).

I got another bench at 14, one with a smith machine? Well like the barbell was attached to it like two poles.. simular to a smith machine, but tackier. At this point i started varying my exercises when i did train, outside the usuall dumbell curl, press and bench press.

before i turned 15 i was real fortunate that my dad bought my sis a 4500 pound horse lol, so he bought me a 900 pound mini gym thing, fills our sunlounge, 3 exercises stations and like 6-8 exercises?. I used that on and off for a few months, untill round 15 1/2 ... i quit altogether. Knowing that unless i get my act together, stop switching stuff up and actually dedicate to a program for more than 5 weeks without 6-8 week breaks between, that i wouldnt make progress i wanted.

So, after a year or so, i started every 3-4 or more months, testing my deadlift or strict press. I dont have the bench anymore, and the others broken lol so.. i did get an olympic bar but never got to use it since the space was all taken - so id use it every 4 months for a strict press or deadlift.

But my numbers dont add up?... 6 months ago i strict pressed 74 kg, with a moderate sloppy rushed warm up.. and a bit of slapping lol.

Today i couldnt get past 61? Being the first time ive tried in 6 months or more. I didnt warm up (i know fool) .. but i dont know, i feel all or nothing...

As for deadlift... i cant get past 130 kg. Yet i can deadlift 105 for 20 reps?

Please give me your opinions or just state whats going on? lol Thanks

Btw i havent lost any body weight... if anything ive gained! .. I was 135 back then and now im about 138

And now im 19 in October btw
» Small Question-Whats the Difference in the UK's Strongest man and Britain's (Go to post)16-08-2010 @ 14:04 
JC said:No difference in whom can participate

UKs is run by Glenn (tends to be heavier more static comp)

BSM was run by Colin Bryce/TWI (lighter than UKs...more emphasis on speed/conditioning events, similar to WSM)

Thanks JC Grin.. though, in relation to that, would Britains Strongest man be the only Qualifying contest for WSM Qualifiers? Or would they both count, just being like -The Mohegan Sun -Sweden viking challenge and how they differ but both structure the same level of qualifiers for the tour of WSM.

Thanks.
» Small Question-Whats the Difference in the UK's Strongest man and Britain's (Go to post)16-08-2010 @ 12:22 
Is it just that Britains involves the whole of ireland as well as the UK or is it that you have to qualify in Uks Strongest man to compete in Britains Strongest man.
» 155 lb strict press? How much could i possibley clean and jerk? (Go to post)31-07-2010 @ 01:52 
Beard_Of_Iron said:also, grow a beard!

lol, ill consider it :P
» 155 lb strict press? How much could i possibley clean and jerk? (Go to post)26-07-2010 @ 13:23 
mishima said:Well if you're confident you could do more, with that kind of attitude my bet's on you!
Tell you what mate, join a proper gym, start a log and get some vids!

First 60/80Wink

I will take that into mind! So really go for it?.. Where in the north somerset area is there a strongman gym or heavy set weights gym i could maybe join? If you have any knowledge of gyms round this area?.. Thanks again Mishima! Grin
» 155 lb strict press? How much could i possibley clean and jerk? (Go to post)25-07-2010 @ 12:33 
Wigan said:
Would need to get the technique fairly reasonable to put 20k on top straight away for a push press, although I would see the clean being the trickier part. A 90k pwr clean straight off isnt a piece of cake. Too many unknowns to be able to say what you may be able to clean and jerk with any real chance of it not being a complete stab in the dark in my opinion.

Yeah i agree, thats why it would only be acomplishable if id strength trained with the technuiqe, and that would increase strength - therefore increasing my push press. Though i dont want to start training yet since im not fully equiped to really hit the training regimes hard, and thats ideally what i wanted to do. But im just building my knowledge about where i am before i start hitting the weights. But thanks alot for your input, ill really take it to mind.

Though, as ive said below to misha, i think my clean is very strong, and again my squat isnt accurate so hopefully with that in mind i might be able to push for 200 Grin i hope so anyway, thanks again Wigan! Happy
» 155 lb strict press? How much could i possibley clean and jerk? (Go to post)25-07-2010 @ 12:29 
mishima said:I agree with what's been said.
With a 125k back squat, let's say a 100k front and assuming technique is right it could be anything between 80 and 90k. It's impossible to say really, you must train and get the technique right, maybe the clean would be a piece of cake, or not!Grin

Yeah, i totally see where your coming from. As the clean is the hardest part isnt it? Though, i seem pretty strong with my cleans somehow, and my squat is a little in-accurate, as like i said, thats all i could fit on the bar lol. But again thanks for your input Happy i really hope to hit 200lb if i could! that would be a real moral booster Grin, let alone 210, but i think id really be pushing the boat out as i dont think, well unless propper best olympic jerking technuiqe is used, that technuiqe and form alone could push my overhead so far. But thanks again mishima! Happy
» 155 lb strict press? How much could i possibley clean and jerk? (Go to post)25-07-2010 @ 02:55 
Post Edited: 25.07.2010 @ 02:58 AM by JonnyR
FAT_SAM said:With a 155 strict you may be able to push press 200 or so (with a bit of technique work of course).

Thanks alot for that Sam! Happy Hopefully try for that when i get the equipment lol, but thanks for your expertee's Grin
» 155 lb strict press? How much could i possibley clean and jerk? (Go to post)25-07-2010 @ 01:05 
I am NOWERE near starting training yet. Still need to get the equipment and facilities! But i cant help myself lol. So im wondering, how much could i possibley clean and jerk? I have the press there and yes i could practice clean and jerk, but i cant fit any more on the bar (its only a cruddy yorkee bar) so just from experience? if i really did correct form and trained correct form without the strength increase, how much could i do, say... tommorro? if i could. Thanks Happy
» Big Z does a 212.5kg Axle Press (Go to post)20-07-2010 @ 18:36 
Isnt that the Appollo Wheel?... Whats the different in handling and shape of the Appollo Wheel and Appollo Axle?

You are here: HomeForumJonnyR → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site