Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitsquating twice a day

squating twice a day

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Steve
Different things work for different people depending upon your personal circumstance and "recovery stratergies".

One British 90kg weightlifter I know squatted twice a day and had a 280kg x 3 squat so it obviously can work for some people.
MarkClegg said:
People don`t want to learn from people anymore Littler .. They want you to put it into a PDF file so they can download it digest it and mouth it off as they`re own work.
I often wonder why i`ve been training for 17 years in all 3 Strength Sports because i`ve learnt f**k-all through my experiances that can`t be learnt instantly by reading some make beleive s**t from 1980`s Bulgaria or an American YouTube vid !!!

Rant of the day goes to Mr Clegg Happy could you do me a bench routine on that PDF file you speak of?
Dave284
What in your experience is the problem with squatting in this manner long or short term? Presumably that it ll f**k you pretty quickly? Some people seem to have done it/be doing it, how has it worked/is it working for them?

What would you see as the most effective strategy for somebody looking to squat a lot to follow? Once a day? 3 times a week?
MarkClegg said:
People don`t want to learn from people anymore Littler .. They want you to put it into a PDF file so they can download it digest it and mouth it off as they`re own work.
I often wonder why i`ve been training for 17 years in all 3 Strength Sports because i`ve learnt f**k-all through my experiances that can`t be learnt instantly by reading some make beleive s**t from 1980`s Bulgaria or an American YouTube vid !!!

Mark,

There are some nutters out there who actually want the pain, i know of one Wink.

Watching vids and reading stuff bla bla bla, if you cant do it or if you've never done it how on earth could you be qualified to give tips and sugestions?

I wouldnt put my training in anyone's hands, i've always taken white blouse scientists' advices with a pinch of salt. I honestly believe knowledge comes through action! You need to do it to know it!

It's a bit like talking about murder with a random bloke. He will know what murder is, yet he wont be able to word it like someone who's done it!Grin
Well case shut then Cool
I hear these rants from weightlifting coaches all the time. Genuine questions get pompous and/or dismissive answers and the instruction is: just do what I say, ask no questions and lift for 20 years and then you too can be a grumpy middle-aged weightlifter and give people the same s**t you got.

I'm looking forward to it, I'll be well into my fifties by then.
Wasn`t a Rant .. T`was a drunken Rant !
mishima said:
Mark,
There are some nutters out there who actually want the pain, i know of one Wink.
Watching vids and reading stuff bla bla bla, if you cant do it or if you've never done it how on earth could you be qualified to give tips and sugestions?
I wouldnt put my training in anyone's hands, i've always taken white blouse scientists' advices with a pinch of salt. I honestly believe knowledge comes through action! You need to do it to know it!
It's a bit like talking about murder with a random bloke. He will know what murder is, yet he wont be able to word it like someone who's done it!Grin

No one knows everything. You cant also know if the other person talking knows anything. All you can do is hear and read, make your own conclusions and experiment on yourself.

Someone could say something that never did in his life, but mabe the knowledge that that person is repeating from another source is valid or usefull.

A person could have done the things that he said, but you will never know the %100 of the story.

In the end, is just you hearing something and making your own calls..
Gubernatrix said:I hear these rants from weightlifting coaches all the time. Genuine questions get pompous and/or dismissive answers and the instruction is: just do what I say, ask no questions and lift for 20 years and then you too can be a grumpy middle-aged weightlifter and give people the same s**t you got.

If you're asking questions of your coach you've got the wrong coach.
If you need to lift for 20 years to be grumpy you've got the wrong attitude.
Steve
MarkClegg said:Wasn`t a Rant .. T`was a drunken Rant !

And before 11.00am! Very impressive
Post Edited: 03.09.2010 @ 14:50 PM by MarkClegg
Steve said:
And before 11.00am! Very impressive

I`ve not been sober since my unfortunate choice of tyre flipping technique ...

Codeine is my drink of choice between 7am - 3pm followed by a number of premium strength ales/lagers and stouts of an afternoon to evening .

i often jest about various training programs and systems but nobody should ever take me too serious and if anyone ever wants any advice at all i`m always available to my sugden brothers and sisters ......

...... And i certainly DON`T know everything .
MarkClegg said:

Thats because you dont smokada gooooode stuff.
MarkClegg said:
I`ve not been sober since my unfortunate choice of tyre flipping technique ...
Codeine is my drink of choice between 7am - 3pm followed by a number of premium strength ales/lagers and stouts of an afternoon to evening .
i often jest about various training programs and systems but nobody should ever take me too serious and if anyone ever wants any advice at all i`m always available to my sugden brothers and sisters ......

are you using your time wisely and gaining valuable experience of different ales etc, or sticking to lager and guinness? If it's the former, lets hear what you've learned. Happy
Post Edited: 03.09.2010 @ 15:11 PM by MarkClegg
PeteHodgson said:
are you using your time wisely and gaining valuable experience of different ales etc, or sticking to lager and guinness? If it's the former, lets hear what you've learned. Happy

Well very quickly i`ll tell you this - opening a can of warm "Carling Premier" is almost as leathal as putting a mint imperial into a bottle of Diet Coke it nearly took my f**kin eye out ... What the f**k is in that s**t !
MarkClegg said:
Well very quickly i`ll tell you this - opening a can of warm "Carling Premier" is almost as leathal as putting a mint imperial into a bottle of Diet Coke it nearly took my f**kin eye out ... What the f**k is in that s**t !

ha ha.
Lesson 1, don't drink s**t lager, or is it don't open Premier when warm. Is that the lager with the widget? I remember that from years ago.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitsquating twice a day
Return to top View Desktop Site