Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTwo Goal Training Diary

Two Goal Training Diary

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

good lid
JackRevans said:good lid

Cheers Jack, congratulations on the squat PB. Nice to see you back in PB territory, and very much looking forward to seeing some big, BIG, lifts from you at the British.
liamwolstenholm said:
Cheers Jack, congratulations on the squat PB. Nice to see you back in PB territory, and very much looking forward to seeing some big, BIG, lifts from you at the British.

Thats a nice thing to say, youre a nice person
09-03-14

HB Squat - 90kg x 3 reps x multiple sets

Bench (paused) - 62.5kg x 3 reps x multiple sets

SLDL (beltless) - 205kg x 5 reps
incredible deadlifting. Looks like Owen missed his chance to extend the record last month as well. Think your a shoe in for that in May.
Appetite said:incredible deadlifting. Looks like Owen missed his chance to extend the record last month as well. Think your a shoe in for that in May.

Thanks, Appetite. As always, I'm more than grateful for your encouragement. I'm actually competing April 13th at the South West Champs, so hopefully I can set a new record then Happy
Post Edited: 11.03.2014 @ 15:32 PM by liamwolstenholm
10-03-2014

High Bar Squat (beltless) - 172.5kg x 1 rep

front Squat - 105kg x 5 reps x multiple sets

Bench - 60kg x 2 reps. My hand still isn't 100%, I'm not forcing myself into a more serious injury, so I suppose benching will have to suffer for the immediate future, just as it was looking positive!

Dumbbell Bicep Curls - 30kg ea x 4-6 reps x multiple sets (Frustrated with not being able to bench, so I decided to do something I've not done for quite some time!)
12-03-2014

LB Squat - 105kg x 3 reps x multiple sets

Deadlift - 140kg x 3 reps x multiple sets

notes: No bench, again. I'm hoping another week without benching will be the solution to my ensuing hand niggle.
Heavy session on Friday, so today was focused on form and explosiveness.
Post Edited: 14.03.2014 @ 22:33 PM by liamwolstenholm
14-03-2014

Squat (belted): 190kg x 2 reps
177.5kg x 3 reps

Deadlift (belted): 245kg x 3 reps

16-03-2014

HB Squat: 115kg x 3 reps x multiple sets
Bench (paused): 65kg x 3 reps x multiple sets
SLDL: 205kg x 3 reps x multiple sets

Notes:
Finally, I am able to bench, relatively pain free. No need to overdo it, therefore conservative weight selections will be made. The plan is to bench 3 reps x 5 sets, each session, with the weight beginning at 80kg, tomorrow.
17-03-2014

HB Squat (beltless) - 175kg x f

Front Squats (beltless)- 130kg x 3 reps

Bench (paused) - 80kg x 3 reps x multiple sets

Notes: The first squat I've failed in over 6 months, and I'm not taking full credit for the fail, in most part it was due to the outrageously bent barbell (I had no other alternative, as they were all taken up). The bar has since been destroyed!

Very happy with triple front squat pb. As with everyone, the real problem I'm having to contend with is the fact my circulation seems to stop when performing heavy front squats! Angry

As stated yesterday, I'm easing myself back into benching. 80kg felt ok, I'm expecting this time next 80kg will feel much easier. 90kg for the same reps and for the same sets, Wednesday.
Nice fronties mate. I always know I should do them but hate them far too much. 130 x 3 is strong.
Appetite said:Nice fronties mate. I always know I should do them but hate them far too much. 130 x 3 is strong.

Cheers bud! I'm still sceptical about them to be honest. I've improved with them but I've always improved without them. Powerlifting is so complicated, yet so simple?! That's a paradox right? Confused
Appetite, any idea what a good ratio is between back squat and front squat, i.e. One should front squat 80% of his back squat?
Post Edited: 19.03.2014 @ 21:57 PM by liamwolstenholm
19-03-2014

LB Squat (belted): 105kg x 3 reps x multiple sets

Bench (paused): 90kg x 3 reps x 3 sets

SLDL (beltless): 220kg x 3 reps

Notes

LB Squat - The speed of these was excellent, If I do say so myself Happy

Bench - Hand is feeling miles better, still, I will keep to the plan. 90kg for 3 sets of 3 again, Friday, then back to some 45% speed work, Sunday. With just a little over three weeks to go, I'm not particularly confident of my proposed goal of a 120kg bench, I may well just make a comfortable 110kg....

SLDL - These were exceptionally fast. I'm more than happy with how the vast majority of my deadlifting work has played out, and I'm just hoping it continues throughout the year (In fact, indefinitely).

Bodyweight: 82.8kg
I've been thinking, for a while now, about what to do once I leave the juniors (December 31st, 2014) and enter the opens. I'm toying with three options:

1. Stay at 83kg (which is becoming increasingly difficult) and look to set a new British deadlift record, which stands at 290kg and make a run at the IPF deadlift record of 312.5kg. This would require me to stay at this weight for at least 12-18 months...

2. Move up in weight, with no limit to the amount I put on, with the goal of pulling 400kg+

3. Take up Crossfit Roll-Eyes
liamwolstenholm said:
Appetite, any idea what a good ratio is between back squat and front squat, i.e. One should front squat 80% of his back squat?

No idea mate. As i say, I stopped doing them because I hated them.

liamwolstenholm said:
1. Stay at 83kg (which is becoming increasingly difficult) and look to set a new British deadlift record, which stands at 290kg and make a run at the IPF deadlift record of 312.5kg. This would require me to stay at this weight for at least 12-18 months...

2. Move up in weight, with no limit to the amount I put on, with the goal of pulling 400kg+

3. Take up Crossfit Roll-Eyes

What I would say is put your happiness and the quality of your training first. So if you can keep to 83 without sitting miserably in a calorie defficit for half the year then do it. If it starts getting so you struggle to find the energy to train then go up.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTwo Goal Training Diary
Return to top View Desktop Site