Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTwo Goal Training Diary

Two Goal Training Diary

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

good work liam. not done cleans in a while. used to love them and squat-cleans.
i would go less weight and get your catch position sorted 1st. tricky thing to get right for sure. you will do it though. i have no doubt of that.
newhybrid said:good work liam. not done cleans in a while. used to love them and squat-cleans.
i would go less weight and get your catch position sorted 1st. tricky thing to get right for sure. you will do it though. i have no doubt of that.

Cheers Neil, I'm going to definitely work on the catch positioning. The pulling power/speed is there. See where I end up. Why have you neglected them now?
Because they were fairly demanding I had to dedicate a day to them which left me training 5 days a week. It just got a bit much with work as well. I did actually considering going down the oly lifter route. Still love watching them. Got tickets for the final of the mens heavyweights in Glasgow Happy
Post Edited: 01.02.2014 @ 21:16 PM by liamwolstenholm
31/01/2014:

Had a very good session last night. Felt VERY explosive.
Great gym, great training partners, all in all GREAT.

Squat (belted): Up to 190kg. Very quick, we were all in agreement 200kg+ is there.

Bench: Up to 112.5kg. 117.5kg alluded me, I'm putting this down to a misplaced bar path haha.

Deadlift (belted) - Up to a new PB of 270kg. Again, I feel there's more there for the taking.

well done! im jelly as peace
JackRevans said:well done! im jelly as peace

Thanks, Jack. The feeling will be reciprocated when you pull 300kg later this year Happy
liamwolstenholm said:
Thanks, Jack. The feeling will be reciprocated when you pull 300kg later this year Happy

at this rate you will be there waaay before me. However as already established, 290kg is better than 300 so I will win. or get horrifically injured
JackRevans said:
at this rate you will be there waaay before me. However as already established, 290kg is better than 300 so I will win. or get horrifically injured

Time will tell... I actually prefer 295kg, so let's get horrifically injured, together, seeking our goals.
Massive deadlifting mate. Great squats as well. All looking great.

I'm not sure if Bryn is running a push pull event this year but if I were you i would think about trekking over as a guest for the YNE push pull in Durham at the end of April.

No squat before hand = big british deadlift record.
Big deadlift. 272.5kg would be a big milestone, especially at 82kg.

Update your PB on your profile!
Appetite said:Massive deadlifting mate. Great squats as well. All looking great.

I'm not sure if Bryn is running a push pull event this year but if I were you i would think about trekking over as a guest for the YNE push pull in Durham at the end of April.

No squat before hand = big british deadlift record.

Many thanks mate. Squats felt so good that day!

I think he posted on the GBPF facebook page, earlier on this year with a couple of possible dates.... As I write this I've just seen that Bryn has added "Lancs and Cheshire Powerlifting Championships" to the GBPF Calendar, for May 11th.

I'm actually going to the Northern Universities Push & Pull, In Durham, March 8th. So, if lucks in my favour I should put in a good account of myself.

Can you set British Records, in fact any record for that matter, in a push & Pull? Don't you have to record a total?
I said:
Many thanks mate. Squats felt so good that day!
I think he posted on the GBPF facebook page, earlier on this year with a couple of possible dates.... As I write this I've just seen that Bryn has added "Lancs and Cheshire Powerlifting Championships" to the GBPF Calendar, for May 11th.
I'm actually going to the Northern Universities Push & Pull, In Durham, March 8th. So, if lucks in my favour I should put in a good account of myself.
Can you set British Records, in fact any record for that matter, in a push & Pull? Don't you have to record a total?

I've just received some information via Facebook (I knew that thing would come in handy!). Records can only be set in 'full meets', e.g. not a Push & Pull, this makes the my proposed trip to Durham for that university push and pull pretty much pointless lol.
Funky_monkey said:Big deadlift. 272.5kg would be a big milestone, especially at 82kg.

Update your PB on your profile!

Cheers Buddy. Yes, 600lb would be awesome!! Grin
Past couple of days:

HB Squat (Beltless): 80kg x 3 reps x numerous sets

Bench: 60kg x 3 reps x numerous sets

SLDL (beltless): 200kg x 5 reps (accidental)
205kg x 5 reps

HB Squat (Beltless): 162.5kg x 1 rep
135 x 3 reps x numerous sets

Front Squat (Beltless): 115kg x 5 reps
7-02-2014

Squats (Belted): 185kg x 2 reps
175kg x 3 reps

Deadlift (Belted): 230kg x 3 reps

Notes:

Squats - These were great, very quick and explosive. With both the 185kg and the 175kg sets, there were more reps there If I wanted them.

Deadlift - Quickest 230kg pull I've done, form was great.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTwo Goal Training Diary
Return to top View Desktop Site