Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTwo Goal Training Diary

Two Goal Training Diary

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

If you can mate, could you be so kind and keep me updated regarding the whole Brits thing?

As always, I shall be following your journal with a keen eye, so it will be interesting to see the low bar progress.

Lot's of battles on the day, and hopefully everyone, including yourself, are at their best, with lots of pb's!
EllD90 - I'm going to run it from Sunday! Cheers pal
Objectives and targets moving forward:

All work will now be beltless (going against Josh's advice lol).
Run Smolov jr for bench for, at least, 3 full programs.
Work 18" deadlifts into my program.
Increase the stretching and warm up period prior to lifting.
Foam Roll on every 'rest' day.

31-06-2014
Beltless lb Squat - 190kg
Beltless deadlift - 255kg
Bench - 120kg
18" deadlift - 300kg? (A complete guess)
liamwolstenholm said:
Work 18" deadlifts into my program.

Have you reconsidered this now mate?
Yes I have, some very good suggestions and advice, It seems like others have gained some insight from the thread too.

Update:

With the overwhelming majority ruling out pulling from heights, I've decided to avert from my original plan of pulling from multiple heights. I have seen Tom pulling almost stiff legged at a 13" height, If I remember right just a little below where his deadlift becomes a 'challenge'. I still believe there's something in this, and maybe I'll introduce it at some point.

I'm hoping the deficits will have two effects;
1. Bring my backside deeper, straightening the back a little more for the initial pull
2. Help with the lockout power.

I'm still sticking with my original plan of keeping all deadlift work beltless, until I reach a 255+ beltless deadlift. I'm thinking around July I'll whip on a belt and see if that 280 comes up.

It's so good to be able to bench again, I've had a full week of consistent benching, NO INJURIES! Fingers crossed I can at least string together a full bench program.
I've now started my next program.
I'm making a conscious effort to rectify some set up issues for deadlifts. These are three of the first deadlifts I have done since comp - 145kg speed pulls. I can see I'm getting a little deeper on the pull, I'm thinking I can probably do with coming a little deeper than that, before I start taking away leverages. So, lots to do and work on!

good to see you start pal but sort these video angles out cant see much of anything
Beltless work is well underway, nothing much to log/report over the past few weeks.
I finished up Smolov jr (bench) yesterday, so I will see where that stands, next Friday. For as long as my body holds out, I will continue to run with this for bench.
A couple of PB's (Nice to be back In PB territory, more to come soon, specifically for squats)

So, a better camera angle lol. A big difference in the depth I am reaching in the descent prior to the lift. We will see how this set up effects the heavier weight.

cant help but feel you need something to challenge the acceleration somewhat , chains or bands with this speed work , want some bench vids pal
josh_ains said:cant help but feel you need something to challenge the acceleration somewhat , chains or bands with this speed work , want some bench vids pal

I don't have access to chains nor bands sadly! I wouldn't even know how to use them effectively even If I did Unhappy
This upcoming Friday will be my first time benching 'heavy' for some time, so I will be filming it. It will be great to get your feedback and insight pal
LB Squat (beltless)- 183kg x 1 PB
Deadlift (beltless) - 233.5kg x 3 PB

Lots more in the tank, very promising. I can't see any issue with a continuation of this form and to the proposed beltless targets of 190kg squat and 240kg x 3reps deadlift.

Very impressive lifting here mate.
by the way, not sure if you have sorted it yet but your regional seceratary should send you an invitation to the brits after youve made your qualifying total. May be worth giving Bryn a shout if you havent got one.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTwo Goal Training Diary
Return to top View Desktop Site