Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTwo Goal Training Diary

Two Goal Training Diary

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

best of luck mate. It will be a long day but I'm sure you'll do great.

Doubt many if any of the other 83s will get close to you with the kind of numbers youre going to put up.
best of luck pal
confidence breeds success
success breeds confidence
Cheers guys!

Appetite - That would be nice! I guess it would relieve some of the pressure I put on myself.

Josh - You're right as per!
210/110/280

Get that 600kg total! Good luck mate.
EllD90 said:210/110/280

Get that 600kg total! Good luck mate.

Now that would be nice! Thanks buddy Happy
South West Championships - 13/04/2014

From a personal perspective, it was a memorable day. My brother, dad, uncle and Granddad all came to watch and support me, which meant a great deal Happy
From a purely performance perspective, it was a 6/10.

- Woke up at 7:45am, and weighed in at 83.3kg, exactly where I wanted to be, with my plan being to take in no water of food until after the weigh in.
- 10:15am. Service station pit stop/check weight: After watching everybody eat Mcdonalds and lots of chocolate, I went to the bathroom, with my scales, and checked weight; 82.8kg. Perfect.
- 12:30. Weighed in, 83.3kg?!?! (My scales are wrong!) Boxers off..... 83kg, bang on! Big relief.

Squat: 1. 190kg - this felt horrible (I suspected something wasn't quite right)
2. 200kg - A grinder (This made me incredibly angry, as I was hoping for a 210kg on my third lift)
2. 205kg - My heart just wasn't in it at this point, I lost balance coming up and failed

Bench: 1. 100kg - stuck with the plan after realising the 600kg total was out of sight.
2. Pass
3. Pass

Deadlift: 1. 250kg - This was so quick, by far the fastest 250 I've pulled, confidence was back!
2. 270kg - Up it went, a good lift! (I've been informed British records can no longer be set at regional competitions, which in all honesty I find utterly stupid, anywhow I suppose this is one of the first unofficial records to be unofficially recorded Tongue )
3. 280kg - Now, this was to see how far off of the 280 I am. As you can see the speed off of the floor is very good, I just have work to do in regards to locking the damn thing out!

So much respect and appreciation to the referees and loaders for putting on a very good show. The flapjack was a highlight of the day!

An excellent performance mate. I hate squatting at comp but you ground out that 200, and that 280 isnt far off at all. The record thing doesnt really matter in this case as by the time the brits comes round you'll be sticking up more than 270.

You still on about doing Colne in May?
Thanks a lot buddy Happy
I think it's time to address some technicalities and with a few minor adjustments, maybe that will make the difference?

Sadly, I don't think I'll be coming, which Is a big shame as It would have been nice to see a few familiar faces and new faces (I.E. yours).

However, I'm confident the same faces will be at the British come October.
Are you planning on staying over the night before, or driving down on the day mate?
Not made any plans but I think overnight is the only way. A drive down to Dover, setting off at 2am is not condusive to a great performance.
Appetite said:Not made any plans but I think overnight is the only way. A drive down to Dover, setting off at 2am is not condusive to a great performance.

For some strange reason, I thought it was in Northampton... You are right.
When do you usually receive confirmation of your position at the Brits?
Will you be competing before the Brits, or just a good 6 months of uninterrupted training mate?
Never done the bris before so I'm not sure. Will just put in the application and hope.

Competing in the YNE classic in June but not peaking for it or anything. Just keeping my eyes on the brits. Hoping to total 575.

You got some specific targets for the Brits?
Successful day out mate. You deprived yourself of food/drink for 5 hours upon waking up. Well done with the lifts and even stronger next time!
Appetite - O right, so a special occasion for you too then! Will the GBPF make a statement detailing the application process?
Regarding the YNE classic, sounds like a beltless outing? I think Jack did that on his last competitive outing?
I've every confidence you'll hit that. Your squat Improvements will make sure of that! Are you making a permanent transition to a LB Squat?
I want a top 2 finish, Owen Hubbard is way too far out to catch just yet. I'm expecting Alistair Canning's to be around 620kg, so 620kg+
Squat: 220
Bench: 130
Deadlift: 285+

If you're hanging around after the Brits, we'll have to have a well deserved pint!

EllD90 - Thanks a lot for the kind words mate. It was a great day and I'm sure there's a lot more to come. I've been following your journal, and noticed you are running Smolov? would you advise I jump straight into it (I've not benched properly for about 5+ weeks)
Yeah why not. Just stick an every day max into it and you'll be fine the first week, then judge by feel if you want to increase the second week by 2.5 or 5 kilos.
Appetite - O right, so a special occasion for you too then! Will the GBPF make a statement detailing the application process?

I dont know to be honest mate. I've got a club behind me so will do it through them. Will find out what I can at the next squad training.

Regarding the YNE classic, sounds like a beltless outing? I think Jack did that on his last competitive outing?

I dont know if id do it beltless mate, it will just be for testing as I have no intention of going anywhere near max singles before then.

Are you making a permanent transition to a LB Squat?

It seems to make sense but it depends how training it goes.

I want a top 2 finish, Owen Hubbard is way too far out to catch just yet. I'm expecting Alistair Canning's to be around 620kg, so 620kg+

Sounds like theres going to be a decent little battle between you and Ali.

If you're hanging around after the Brits, we'll have to have a well deserved pint!

I'll be around mate. Suspect we'll be lifting early so they'll be plenty of time to drink and watch the fat ones lift.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsTwo Goal Training Diary
Return to top View Desktop Site