| Marsbar | grip training | 19-01-2007 @ 22:20 | |
Is a gay bodybuilder Member 39, 423 posts SQ 220, BP 140, DL 270630.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq | Just wondered how many of you lads did any grip lifting? I used to be into it a few years back and even competed in David Horne's (Grip Legend) Iron Grip comps. Here's a pic of me in 2002 doing a v bar lift at the comp http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album45/aaz managed a toplift of 135k | ||
| Boar | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 22:25 | |
Nothing left in the tank. Member 5, 25597 posts Administrator | I think i remember seeing pics of that on gripboard, deffo rings a bell. i did grip work, enjoyed the grippers too,but sold the grippers (wasnt it to you mate?)lol now the deadlifts take care of grip issues | ||
| Marsbar | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 22:29 | |
Is a gay bodybuilder Member 39, 423 posts SQ 220, BP 140, DL 270630.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq | you didn't sell it to me mate.. you gave me your HG 300 | ||
| purplepaul | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 22:31 | |
has free and readily available gothic porn Member 29, 1088 posts SQ 1, BP 100, DL 200301.0 kgs @ 103kgs UnEq | Originally posted by Marsbar... you didn't sell it to me mate.. you gave me your HG 300 me too my hands are tiny | ||
| Joni | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 22:58 | |
left the country satisfied Member 10, 19241 posts SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq | 135 vertical bar lift is f**king awesome mate! what other grip feats have you done? I stopped training grip ages ago, used to be really into it. bests are seven reps with CoC 2, i believe 27 with 1. bending i sucked at, and my holding grip was nothing to write home about, i think my max was 75 on rolling thunder. I am getting a bit of a grip training bug again though, should dust of my grippers! | ||
| Marsbar | ... | 19-01-2007 @ 23:11 | |
Is a gay bodybuilder Member 39, 423 posts SQ 220, BP 140, DL 270630.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq | good stuff joni .. not sure about my other grip feats .. could probably match you on the grippers .. v bar was my forte .. my 135k actually beat a lot of the guys in the open class. got fed up of grip comps though .. if you weren't from stafford (Dave horne's hoem town) you didn't tend to do very well | ||
| Joni | ... | 20-01-2007 @ 11:57 | |
left the country satisfied Member 10, 19241 posts SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq | funny thing about CoC 2 - seven with the right, NONE with the left | ||
| Boar | ... | 20-01-2007 @ 13:30 | |
Nothing left in the tank. Member 5, 25597 posts Administrator | you gave me your HG 300 ahhh yes, iremember, i'm good like that!! Thet were fairly useless to me, unlike joni, who obviously yanks his plank way to much (if there is such a thing) i was ok with the coc 2 with both hands - they look lovely, a thing of beauty ! | ||
| Jonathan | ... | 20-01-2007 @ 23:16 | |
the Ergbreaker Member 19, 862 posts SQ 190, BP 140, DL 260590.0 kgs @ 128kgs UnEq | I have done some grip training over the years, but it is not as strong as it was about 15months ago. I managed 14reps on my right, and 5 with my left with the #2 (if I remember correctly). I have done a 400kg rack lockout for a 3 count - that was a few months ago. I did hold 105kg farmers walks for 45sec this week too. Grip training is a funny one for me. I do like it when it is going well, but I find it very easy to overtrain/get injured. Jonathan | ||
| David | ... | 22-01-2007 @ 11:05 | |
I ♥ Dr. Gillian McKeith Member 17, 742 posts SQ 0, BP 180, DL 0180.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq | I dont do much to be honest, but i should. But i dont use straps except for shrugs, and i use a double overhand grip for my speed deadlifts and for normal deadlifts until it gets too heavy. It isnt a problem at the moment. *Touches wood*. | ||