Who's Online - 1 member and 220 guests

Joni Good Mornings

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Comments thread for: Joni Good Mornings
FazcIconJoni Good Mornings24-01-2007 @ 02:45 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
Joni:

Nice form, looked good. Looked deep enough for me. You're pushing your hips through well, good effort mate.

If all is good, then I would push those as heavy as you can. How do they feel on your back?
JoniIcon...24-01-2007 @ 09:21 
left the country satisfied
Member 10, 19241 posts
SQ 240, BP 150, DL 270
660.0 kgs @ 107kgs UnEq
cheers for the comments mate! I got all kinds of feedback when i asked around on other boards, but i think many didn't use the GMs in the way you do, which is why I appreciate your comments!

The lifts feel ok on my back, but i am just being extra cautious because of my history of back injuries. Then again, my back injuries have all come from squatting, or some bizarre events. Still, i have kept them "safe" and not pushed myself to max singles or anything like that.

Its good to do some beltless backwork like GMs to really focus on the core tightness.

one of my main goals this year is to nail 182.5kg/400lbs GM.
FazcIcon...24-01-2007 @ 10:10 
Sports an extremely muscular arse.
Member 38, 6253 posts
Originally posted by Joni...
cheers for the comments mate! I got all kinds of feedback when i asked around on other boards...

Ah I haven't seen those. This board and one other private lifting board is all I visit these days. If the comments were about depth or leaning forward more, i've gotten them too. Aside from the obvious height difference, you and I are built quite similarly. My form (which resembles yours) is good for me for 2 reasons:

1) It closely approximates the Squat. If I leant forward anymore, I can see it wouldn't have as much benefit.

2) It's safe! Go deeper, or lean forward more and you're placing a lot of strain on your back quickly. Due to the way the leverages work, a little more forward immediately translates into a LOT more poundage.

So yeah, carry on mate. Push them hard.

The lifts feel ok on my back, but i am just being extra cautious because of my history of back injuries.

Good! I remembered you saying about your back problems sometime last year.

Interestingly I also used to have bad back problems when Squatting. The GM and the strict RDL were two things i used to strengthen my weak back. Now it's one of my stronger area's and back strength isn't really an issue anymore.

Good luck Joni!
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions