REGISTER
 

Training for Olympic Dragons

12

chrisjenkinsIcon...19-07-2010 @ 23:15 
Avatar
enter the welsh dragon
Member 738, 2297 posts
SQ 372.5, BP 237.5, DL 355
965.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
I'm the spare tyre mate ha ha, I dont know what day it is when I'm competing. Ha ha I remember LOL.. Like two gay rhinos hugging lol
LukeCIcon...19-07-2010 @ 23:35 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
Chris! What happened with the Brits? Was looking forward to seeing you lift, its always impressive.
chrisjenkinsIcon...19-07-2010 @ 23:49 
Avatar
enter the welsh dragon
Member 738, 2297 posts
SQ 372.5, BP 237.5, DL 355
965.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
Thanks Luke mate,

I have a few things coming up and most of my training has been raw. I have a judo and strongman contest in september and didnt want to burn myself out. They have a raw division int the GPC worlds that could be worth trying Happy

How did you get off? I remember reading you went up to the 82's.. Your coming along nicely now, look forward to watching you compete in the worlds if you are going!!
TonyIcon...20-07-2010 @ 07:50 
Avatar
Is partial to the odd bender.
Member 6, 10239 posts
SQ 280, BP 192.5, DL 317.5
790.0 kgs @ 102kgs Eq
Looking very athletic as always mate.

Is that log a 10" one?
chrisjenkinsIcon...20-07-2010 @ 08:37 
Avatar
enter the welsh dragon
Member 738, 2297 posts
SQ 372.5, BP 237.5, DL 355
965.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
Thanks Tony mate, I'm not sure. Its Ross Stone's log, he said it weigh's in around 60kg. Is it similar to what we will be using?
shanejerIcon...20-07-2010 @ 08:39 
Member 1307, 14110 posts
SQ 355, BP 240, DL 370
965.0 kgs @ 102kgs UnEq
Nice logging mate
chrisjenkinsIcon...20-07-2010 @ 08:52 
Avatar
enter the welsh dragon
Member 738, 2297 posts
SQ 372.5, BP 237.5, DL 355
965.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
Cheers mate, anybody suffer with niggles in the upper back after push press or log? I dont know if its from being thrown in judo or pressing Unhappy
LukeCIcon...23-07-2010 @ 13:25 
Avatar
The one in the guns and roses teeshirt.
Member 171, 2462 posts
SQ 272.5, BP 140, DL 245
657.5 kgs @ 80.2kgs Eq
chrisjenkins said:
How did you get off? I remember reading you went up to the 82's.. Your coming along nicely now, look forward to watching you compete in the worlds if you are going!!


Fair enough, you wernt the only top guy not to compete this year which was a shame but such is life.
I went really well, 555kg total which is a 35kg total pb. Bench was still s**t but I squatted 240kg single ply and deadlifted 220kg raw. Very chuffed. I moved up to the 82s, sick of cutting! I think it helped a lot. No Worlds for me this year sadly, money and time both being limiting factors. Plus this gives me a chance to have a good solid 9 months of training with no comps to build up some raw strength. But enough of me babbling on, here is something awesome I saw on YouTube earlier:


If there was a dance event at the Dragons I think you might clean house. Tongue
shauncleggIcon...15-08-2010 @ 19:31 
Avatar
The official olympic weightlifter of SB (juniors)
Member 495, 3531 posts
SQ 201, BP 137.5, DL 200
538.5 kgs @ 69kgs UnEq
Post Edited: 15.08.2010 @ 19:31 PM by shaunclegg
yeah just noticed your that redicuasly strong welsh power lifter with world records!

(spelling isn't my strong point)

good luck in dragons!! i know who my 10ers going on Wink

clegg jnr
Kenny_CIcon...14-09-2010 @ 22:28 
Member 707, 1517 posts
you not going to change this log to training for BSM u90's i want to know what freaky lifting your doing now, especially after you facebook message Wink
chrisjenkinsIcon...14-09-2010 @ 22:32 
Avatar
enter the welsh dragon
Member 738, 2297 posts
SQ 372.5, BP 237.5, DL 355
965.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
Post Edited: 14.09.2010 @ 23:00 PM by chrisjenkins
LOL I didnt see you had posted that Luke ha ha. The stuff of legends!! Great pics of the Dragons matey!!!

Nice to meet you at the Dragons Shaun, when are you competing next?

I was thinking about knocking up a log Kenny, thank you mate. I will see how my squat session goes tomorrow Happy
Kenny_CIcon...14-09-2010 @ 22:37 
Member 707, 1517 posts
i know with your numbers id be happy posting your warm ups as my sets lol. be good to see one anyway mate and hope your able to get some events training in for the comp
chrisjenkinsIcon...14-09-2010 @ 22:56 
Avatar
enter the welsh dragon
Member 738, 2297 posts
SQ 372.5, BP 237.5, DL 355
965.0 kgs @ 90kgs Eq
Thanks Kenny mate, the humble champion as ever. Hope to catch up and do some training with you soon mate Happy

12

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions