Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitwhy is matt griffiths banned????

why is matt griffiths banned????

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

BigMacca said:
You sound like a ruthless dictator to me Happy
I like to think that Matt made a comment about you beard and you served his ass Grin

if someone abuses someone on the board they get banned pretty fast, at least should. But because in this case Matt was hurling a lot of his abuse at me (including some silly macho threats), we let it slide for way longer.

Joys of being an admin, have to take MORE s**t than anyone else Grin
terryhollands said:the thing with matt is, yeah could be very harsh at times and perhaps a little rude but he did all this while posting as himself. he didn't hide behind a profile name so very few people know who he is. he voiced his opinions which not everyone agreed with (me included some times) but didn't need to post as a random name to do so

Just to point out that for some, there are some good reasons for choosing a forum name that disguises identity. For example,I'm a teacher, and I want to have the freedom to use language and express opinions without worrying that it might cause me some grief at work. Students can and do google their teachers.

Agreed that anonymity can also just be a means to attack others, however.
Joni said:
if someone abuses someone on the board they get banned pretty fast, at least should. But because in this case Matt was hurling a lot of his abuse at me (including some silly macho threats), we let it slide for way longer.
Joys of being an admin, have to take MORE s**t than anyone else Grin

I've heard that you like taking it MORE than anyone else Grin
MrSmall said:So we can be rude as long as we have our real names?

I can have respect for someone that says their opinions and does not hide behind a profile that no-one knows who they are. At least people like that are honest whether you agree with them or not.

We all know me and Matt had our differences on here but at least he was man enough to voice his opinions
Tannhauser said:
Just to point out that for some, there are some good reasons for choosing a forum name that disguises identity. For example,I'm a teacher, and I want to have the freedom to use language and express opinions without worrying that it might cause me some grief at work. Students can and do google their teachers.

That is fine and I see your point. I just think it can lead to people posting stuff that they wouldn't dare say if the person they are attacking was stood infront of them
Tannhauser said:

that is true but I believe you know or have met others from the board? the problem is with the peanut gallery of posters who dont reveal their name, dont have a log, have never and dont intend to meet anyone else from the forum and only contribution is to take the piss in general bulls**t or 'lol' when someone else is. matt took the piss but at least he has the balls to sign his name to it.
Joni said:John and Macca, you guys only see the stuff that wasnt deleted.

He was banned once before but then pleaded to get back and promised he wont continue to abuse people. He broke that promise pretty fast, got warned several times, but continued for months. No point having warnings if you dont follow it up, and he got more chances than anyone else in SB history who have been banned (only a few people in total though because we rarely ban anyone).

So essentially he banned himself and knew what he was doing.

It has nothing to do with any single incident or single thing he has said, or "speaking the truth" (f**king funny if anyone thinks so...).

love the word "pleeded" lol Grin
Shaun
So what exactly did Matt say that was so controversial anyway? I know his posting style as I know his posts from another forum but I can't see where there'd be room for significant disagreements in terms of training, nutrition, whatever...
WILLSAN said:
that is true but I believe you know or have met others from the board?

I have even made love to several of them (some without their knowledge).

As to the rest of your post: agreed.
banned from sugden, thats actually some achievement
Joni said:you guys only see the stuff that wasnt deleted.

Read that back to yourself Joni and try not to lol Wink
I spotted the Lesser Spotted Griffster in the Solihul undergowth this weekend. I even got close enought to rub his tummy... on his request off course!! Tongue
Matt hurt his arm today, spotting at the BDFPA equipped nationals. I don't think it bothered him. He was dancing to The Prodigy between lifts. I like Matt.
are there 2 matt griffs?
jt said:
are there 2 matt griffs?

He said he walked out when he was meant to be spotting.

Nice to see him at Midlands today.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitwhy is matt griffiths banned????
Return to top View Desktop Site