Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumboldylocks → View All Posts

View All Posts: boldylocks

» CHASE CHARITY CHALLENGE 2012 - Male and FEMALE comp!! Summer 2012 (Go to post)04-03-2012 @ 17:06 
Can you please put Allison Hough down for the ladies class. Apparently she has already spoke to Rob Frampton. Ta
» St.Ives Strongest Man U90kg 2012 (Go to post)27-02-2012 @ 16:59 
Just wanted to thank Will + family again for putting on such a great comp.
Very high standard of athletes with some great performances in a good venue with a great atmosphere x
» Will's Strongman Log (Go to post)05-02-2012 @ 13:20 
Dumbbell looked easy Will! I'm sure you'll smash 8 on the day
» Darren's steaming hot log (Go to post)05-02-2012 @ 13:18 
WILLSAN said:great work today darren. looked improved from last time you came! and very unlucky on the 64 dumbell.

I concur
» The U90kg's southern qual 2012 (Go to post)23-01-2012 @ 21:51 
what's the height of the deadlift rob?
and how fat of a grip are we talking with the farmers?
» 2012 u90 england southern qual's (Go to post)20-01-2012 @ 11:17 
Any news on a date/details yet Rob?
» St.Ives Strongest Man U90kg 2012 (Go to post)14-01-2012 @ 20:03 
eric my good friend. i will see you there!
» 2011 under 90k Britains Strongest Man Final (Go to post)31-10-2011 @ 08:27 
I just had a chance to look at some clips from the day so thought I'd take the opportunity to do a wee write up and say a few thankyous..

First off, I know I'm repeating things here, but Dave Meer and his crew were outstanding! So passionate, welcoming and professional. They really made the comp for me. Thanks also to Buzz for the goodie bag.

Weighed in no problems 89kg, even got a breakfast in before heading up.

Event 1- OH Press 125kg
Had a pretty bad shoulder injury going into this comp and hadnt done any OH for a month or so. It was always gonna be hit or miss. Luckily the rest had seemed to do the trick and I managed 7reps, at the time I was pissed off I didnt get more. But realy that was great for me.

Event 2- Tyre Flip
After seeing Pagans run on this I was gobsmacked. 4 flips in training took me about 2mins!!! I asked Pagan how on earth he did it, he replied with aggression. So I took his advice and it paid off. 33 seconds, very happy with this!

Event 3- 300kg Axle
I had trained this with James, and spent a few weeks trying to get that 'knees under, stand up with it tekkers' but just couldn't do it without getting knee pain so opted for a regular pull. Got 10 reps, again I was annoyed I didnt get more, but again it was a good number for me, more than I'd managed in training.

Event 4- 280kg Frame Carry
Was pretty confident of my grip holding out so just tried to move my feet as quick as possible (sounds so simple, haha!) a little stumble at the start and it didn't 'flow', but a good time of 9.4secs

Event 5- Medley of Pain
This is where it all went wrong for me, for some reason I wanted to blitz this (no idea why). I had jogged it in training with a time of 85secs, so set off fast, too fast!!! Dropped the big barrel, and massively hit the wall by the time I got to the sandbags, felt like I was going backwards! Finished in 80secs, gutted! And f**ked!!
After this I went to lay down, James came over and woke me up, I'd actually fallen asleep.

Event 6- 130kg Stone
I was up first and hadn't recovered from the medley, I'd had plenty of time, just couldn't recover. I felt sick walking up to the stone, had nothing left in the tank. Got 1 rep, went for a 2nd and passed out (Thanks Dave for catching me!) Very annoyed with myself by this point!

Finished 3rd overall, when I finished sulking about pacing the medley wrong and falling over with the stone I was happy with the result. James was outstanding on everything and Stuart was great all day. Lewis was impressive, the Irish lads stone lifting was special, and it was great to compete with Eric and Pagan again, both great athletes and great lads.

The standard at 90kg is incredible in Great Britain. Great bunch of lads, great support, and very well run comps (from the qualifiers, to the Englands and the Brits) which I have thoroughly enjoyed in my first year!
» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)29-08-2011 @ 08:49 
SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST 2011 @ KRUNCH GYM, WALTHAM ABBEY, ESSEX

Presenter exraordinaire: Martin Cee
Judges: Arram Eghoyan + Neale Cranwell

Key Sponsors: Kinetica, NRGFuel, Bodybuilding4u.co.uk, USN, The Active Channel, Hard Labour Nutrition, Needprint.co.uk, Krunch Gym Ltd

Charity: The Variety Club

Overall finish in points

Under 95kg

1: Salv Riggi - 65.5

2: Michael Rutledge - 52

3: Darren Kerr - 50.5

4: Yaman Mustafa - 48

5: Gavin Gooding - 47.5

6: Lee Sanson - 47.5

7: AJ Guss - 43.5

8: Fred Vassey - 42.5

9: Tom McAlindon - 38.5

10: Nick Walker - 35.5

11: Steven Bernadine - 27.5

12: Stephen Wilkinson - 27.5

13: Stefano Necchi - 12.5

14: Marco Necchi - 12

Over 95kg

1: Mark Jeanes - 41.5

2: Andrew Anastasi - 31

3: Craig Keleo - 30.5

4: Greg Simpson - 28.5

5: Gary Heal - 27.5

6: Will Sanderson - 25.5

7: Adrian Marsden - 21.5

8: Elliot Keeling - 21

9: Rob Witcomb - 6

Congratulations to the winners but also to everyone of the amazing 23 competitors - you are ALL Champions and hope to see you at the next Krunchmania!!!
» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)28-08-2011 @ 18:15 
ross_stone said:How did my training partner do mark jeans do in over 95

Mark won, did very well in pretty much every event. Looked impressive.
» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)28-08-2011 @ 17:45 
Congratulations to everyone that took part today! Especially the winners Mark and Salv.
I wil try and get the full results up in th next day or so. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves
» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)26-08-2011 @ 11:49 
shanejer said:This comp looks awsome!

Shame it's novice only

Krunch are looking to put on this comp every year, if there is enough interest and we can organise it a bit sooner, there is scope to make it a heavier comp for next year
» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)26-08-2011 @ 11:47 
WILLSAN said:I have a question. what are the farmers implements like?

the farmers handles are basic jt plate loadable things
» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)23-08-2011 @ 08:41 
Oh, and there will also be some 'demonstrations' during the lunch break... MMA and pole dancing!! I kid you not
» KRUNCHMANIA- Novice Strongman Competition (under 95kg + over 95kg) (Go to post)23-08-2011 @ 08:39 
hammerman said:Thanks for info

Sounds great! The carving is a nice touch and I've nominated the event for a Friends of The Earth "Green Strongman" award.

Bring on Sunday. Just hope I make weight.

Will there be a list of entries posted or numbers?

I will try and a get a full list of names from the gym this week, but from memory I think there was 12-14 lads in the under 95kg class and 6 or 7 in the overs. Still room in the overs if anyone is interested??

Latest update: Every athlete will recieve a tub of 'refuel' and free bottled water on the day provided by Krunch Gym. There will also be a sports masseuse on hand for the athletes to use between events to help prevent injuries (this is all free).

And the extra 'mini' competitions now include bodyweight bench press, NRG Fuel crucifix hold, and sumo wrestling (in those blow up sumo suits)- seriously!!! There are prizes for all of these extras.
There is also set to be a bouncy castle and face painting for the kids.

Hope you're all ready!

You are here: HomeForumboldylocks → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site