Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoss unequipped journal

Ross unequipped journal

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Ross_Harkins
Here's how today went:

Because of lack of people in the gym lately it had been 10 days since I last benched as had done standing overhead presses the last two sessions, I normally deadlift first on Saturday, but saw people in today so decided to bench first incase they were leaving then I could just pull after they left.

Incline bench presses:

barx10,

50kgx10,

70kgx8,

85kgx6 (need plenty of warmups since the injury,

working sets: 95kgx5, 95kgx5, 102.5kgx5x3 (all reps slow and deliberate)

Happy with this, not bad for a f**ked shoulder, just need to take my time and use perfect form and press slow rather than balistic.

Deadlifts (still beltless), decided to take it easy today as loading all day tommorrow so did doubles rather than triples:

120kgx5,

160kgx5,

200kgx3,

225kgx3 (warmups done onto wroking sets next),

working sets: 5x2x250kg

T-bar rows (strict form to work upper back and infraspinatus):

50kgx10, 60kgx8, 70kgx8, 70kgx8, 60kgx8, 60kgx8 that just about did it.

Then had to moveall the weights, bars, benches, and put up partitions and warmup stations for tommorrows comp at the palace, my back was f**ked...wot fun not!

Then post workout nutrition at McDonalds like every Saturday:

2 double cheeseburgers, 2 medium fries, a strawberry milkshake, a mcflurry and coffee, then home

Happy
Post Edited: 20.03.2010 @ 21:46 PM by SuperSteel101
Nice Inclines buddy, especially since you have an injured shoulder! Some damn good going on the Macky D's front too, that's alot of food haha!

Quick question, what's the thinking behind the 2 sets of 5 followed by the five triples? (Probably sounds like a dumb question, but that kinda approach is still pretty new to me lol).

See you tomorrow.
Ross_Harkins
SuperSteel101 said:Nice Inclines buddy, especially since you have an injured shoulder! Some damn good going on the Macky D's front too, that's alot of food haha!

Quick question, what's the thinking behind the 2 sets of 5 followed by the five triples? (Probably sounds like a dumb question, but that kinda approach is still pretty new to me lol).

See you tomorrow.

the 5's supposed to build thickness and the triples for strength & technique are after when you're tired to get used to working hard, I found the last two sets hard normally, I use it on all three lifts.

I've used this style of training successfully for over a year, works great for unequipped peaking and I can handle the volume too, It's a modified shieko system...good old Russians eh!
Post Edited: 22.03.2010 @ 16:49 PM by SuperSteel101
Here you go Ross as promised the video of your 286 kgs Deadlift!

(For those of you that don't know this pull got Ross the Scottish unequipped deadlift record in the 100 kgs weight class. Not too shabby at all considering he only weighed about 92 kgs!)

Ross_Harkins
Thanks Allen, well done yesterday on your unequipped lifting and a the pb deadlift of 250kg!

I was absolutely f**ked after yesterdays spotting and loading....and still am!Happy
Squats tommorrow, just hope I recovered enough after moving a few tons of weights Eek

Enjoy your rest Allen, well deserved and see you when you're back.
Hell Ross that's a brilliant deadlift video! I've never seen that clip before.
I also see what you mean about urangutan arms. Your lockout is at your knees haha. Awesome work!
Ross_Harkins
Wiegieboard said:Hell Ross that's a brilliant deadlift video! I've never seen that clip before.
I also see what you mean about urangutan arms. Your lockout is at your knees haha. Awesome work!

Thanks mate, yeah those long arms are the secret to my monstrous benching prowess lol!Grin
Ross_Harkins
Here's how yesterdays training went, squats still beltless and no spotters for benching so did standing front military presses again, each first rep cleaned to chest from floor.

Squats (no belt):

warmups:

70kgx5,

120kgx5,

140kgx5,

working sets:

160kgx5,

160kgx5,

177.5kgx3,

177.5kgx3,

177.5kgx3,

177.5kgx3,

177.5kgx3

standing presses:

warmups: 50 shoulder dislocations with broomhandle, 40kgx5, 60kgx5

working sets: 70kgx5,70kgx5, 80kgx3, 80kgx3, 80kgx3, 80kgx3, 80kgx3

then to finish another 50 shoulder dislocations with broomhandle (read this is one of the best shoulder/rotator/bicep flexibility movements to eliminate rotator/bicep tendonitus due to extremely tight shoulders..I'm not as bad as some as I do a lot of rows so my shoulders are not pulled forward in normal standing posture like people who bench only and never row, mine are still very tight though and need loosening up, hoping this along with everything else heals the injury)

The thing I noticed about the injury is my one rep bench max has not changed but my rep max has due to weakness fatigue from the injury caving in on rep work, plus I've told myself I don't need to do any flat comp style benching as I'm getting plenty of work in the smaller bench muscles through heavy overheads and incline.
Haha you appear to have 3 journals now buddy!

Nice squatting and overhead pressing!

I'm toying with the idea of heading over to the palace tomorrow night to do some training, I wasn't that tired after comp and I'm feeling fresh, so might see you then.
stephen
They shoulder dislocations was the exercise that I was talking about at the comp, they're really helping my shoulder anyway. Good squats and press there.
Nice pull indeed!
Ross_Harkins
Sat 27/3/10

Could not be bothered today as felt really tired...long week at work and not enough sleep, just forced myself anyway. warmup shoulder dislocationsx50 then:

Incline bench press:

60kgx10,

80kgx6,

97.5kgx5,

97.5kgx5,

105kgx3,

105kgx3,

105kgx3,

105kgx2 (missed third),

105kgx2 (missed third, knew it after last set, just wanted another crack at it)

Big Simon was already deadlifting as waited long enough for me as I was late in and he'd finished his benching just as I was coming in, so I had to jump in higher than normal to catch up with him he was already at 250kg sets,

Deadlifts (no belt):

170kgx5,

220kgx3,

250kgx3,

250kgx3 easy enough could've done may 5 or 6 each set but thought better doing this than nothing at all, I changed my mind to deadlift at last minute.

horizontal pullups (feet elevated and hanging from an olympic bar): 5x10
Ross_Harkins said:Sat 27/3/10

Big Simon was already deadlifting as waited long enough for me as I was late in and he'd finished his benching just as I was coming in, so I had to jump in higher than normal to catch up with him he was already at 250kg sets,

Deadlifts (no belt):

170kgx5,

Aye whatever, you just do that to wind me up Grin

Was speaking to Bryan the other day, he reckoned the palace was open next saturday despite it being easter weekend, is this correct?
Post Edited: 28.03.2010 @ 14:02 PM by Wiegieboard
I was feeling it bad yesterday too Ross. I just felt like an old man when I was walking up to the bar and a little of it was probably to do with the s**te pumping out of that ghetto blaster.
You were pushing hard on those inclines so well done with that. There were some good numbers going up.

Allen, just in case the palace is closed, I'm in the process of clearing a free session for us in Wishaw sports centre for next Saturday. Benefits for you include making bodybuilders feel like delicate little flower petals upon witnessing your lifts at 82.5kg.
Ross_Harkins
SuperSteel101 said:
Aye whatever, you just do that to wind me up Grin
Was speaking to Bryan the other day, he reckoned the palace was open next saturday despite it being easter weekend, is this correct?

Yeah I saw a sign on the gym door Its only closed good friday and easter monday, normal service on the saturday...no problems!

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoss unequipped journal
Return to top View Desktop Site