Ross unequipped journal

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Ross_Harkins
Thurs 21/02/13 warmup stationary bike

Deadlifts:

70kgx10,

120kgx5,

170kgx5,

2x10x210kg, kept light as SI joint/piriformis playing up!

Seated Overhead press:

2x5x55kg,

2x5x60kg,

1x5x70kg,

3x4x80kg unusually difficult, prefer standing clean from the floor then press

Weighted pullups:

3x5xbwt&20kg disc
Yo Ross that was a banterfest tonight. loved Danny being wound up. You're doing a good job with Zack he's getting stronger and better all the time.
The seated pressing is quite different from standing press. Very different balance I feel. I manage 30kg dumbells for bodybuilding reps standing but hit nowhere near it seated.
Had a chat with Louise tonight she was well miffed with her jerks even though the pressing was great to watch.
I miss training at the palace Unhappy
Heavy gutsy deads tonight btw. You pushed through the tens robotically.
Ross_Harkins
Wiegieboard said:Yo Ross that was a banterfest tonight. loved Danny being wound up. You're doing a good job with Zack he's getting stronger and better all the time.
The seated pressing is quite different from standing press. Very different balance I feel. I manage 30kg dumbells for bodybuilding reps standing but hit nowhere near it seated.
Had a chat with Louise tonight she was well miffed with her jerks even though the pressing was great to watch.
I miss training at the palace Unhappy
Heavy gutsy deads tonight btw. You pushed through the tens robotically.

Cheers weige happy with being able to help Zack and Louise out and pleased with their progress. Louise looking in good shape for next weekend.

Will be going back to FTOH next week, just feels more comfortable cleaning to the delts and pressing out the reps, more freedom of mobility, seated too restricted and felt not great on the stabilisers to be honest.

Glute/hips still fooked, will see how it goes tomorrow when low bar squatting if can take heavy or not?
Good luck with the squats tomorrow.
If ftoh is more comfortable it's probably a good idea to go for that. Though I'm not the strongest guy when it comes to pressing, I think I'm lucky with stability.
Ross_Harkins
Wiegieboard said:Good luck with the squats tomorrow.
If ftoh is more comfortable it's probably a good idea to go for that. Though I'm not the strongest guy when it comes to pressing, I think I'm lucky with stability.

Sat 23/02/13 well woke up this morning glute/hips still stiff as f**k, I always stand on one leg when putting my socks on, made me wince as tight at SI and like a belt of pinching semi circle at the back.

Was tentative same as last couple of weeks when warming up:

Back squat low bar:

5x5xbar,

60kgx5 full depth was hurting!

100kgx5 same, its like pelvis collapses at depth!

120kgx6 had enough, pain like lighting into nausea!

Couldve gone on and soldiered through but what is the point in suffering all the way up to 200?! None! Will just drop the weight for a while on squats and backoff on the deadlifts or none at all, as always will go by feel.

Moved on to bench press, tried to stay positive, and tried to salvage something from a s**t squat workout!

Bench:

60kgx5,

80kgx5,

100kgx5,

120kgx3 good bar shoulders still wrecked from Thurs presses!

120kgx2 moved grip in to ease shoulders, wrong move!!

120kgx3, returned to normal grip,

120kgx3, """""""""""""""""""""",

120kgx3, """""""""""""""""""""", although lockout hard RHS on 3rd

Swapped bars with olmpic so Louise could do her last precomp deadlift workout with a power bar, had a good bench session, hit easy doubles 77.5, doubled 80 touch n go pb! Paused 75 and paused 77.5 just let it drift FWD on way up. She pulled 140 equal gym pb and new rep pb 130x4.

Close grip bench:

6x6x100kg felt good, last set was tough on 6th rep

Shatch grip chest supported barbell rows:

6x6x80kg went through the motions, not much spark left
Ross_Harkins
Spent about an hour foam rolling with PVC pipe, also rested tail bone on the pipe to loosen off. Used a cricket ball and rolled over both glutes and hips, very painful but think this will fix it.
Ross_Harkins
All I can describe the niggle as is a broken glute, like all the rear core strength has been taken away! Hard to put socks on standing, uncomfortable bending down as far as floor without a feeling like bum is going to snap at tailbone glute tie in - hence why it is very hard to explain! Anyway keeps coming back on and off for the last two years.stiffness worse first thing out of bed.

Today used the PVC pipe, foam rolled spinal errectors, hamstrings, glutes, hips, quads, IT bands and rested base of spine on it too loosen the joint for some minutes. Rolling the IT bands and the tear drop part of the quads was fookin painful, couldn't take more than maybe several seconds at a time, so just repeated several times.

Moved onto cricket ball, worked above and below the joint, especially lower errectors, glutes, hips, upper hamstrings.

About half an hour but covered a lot!
Ross_Harkins
Post Edited: 27.02.2013 @ 19:31 PM by Ross_Harkins
Tues 26/02/13 warmup stationary bike

Olympic squat (rock bottom, bolt upright, knees far fwd):

2x10xbar,

1x5x60kg,

1x5x80kg,

1x5x100kg,slight pain at full depth

1x5x120kg,"""""""""""""""""""""""""

1x10x140kg,more painful at full depth

1x5x160kg, nauceaus when racking bar, had enough!!

Single leg squats 5x5xbwt, 6x5xbar deeper each set, balance was a struggle ESP LHS sets due to old ankle injury

Bench press:

60kgx10,

80kgx5,

3x10x100kg

Snatch grip chest sup barbell rows:

3x8x80kg

Afterthought, squatted more than I though as 40kg on Sat load, so tolerance for pain jumped up 40kg as felt same, so rolling with the pipe and cricket ball must be helping, however deadlifts are sacked for the time being, will do single leg deadlifts instead with glute/ham raises and maybe reverse hypers following overhead pressing on Thurs.Sat will gauge what squats will be based on recovery and pain.

My motivation right now is to get somewhere near or even surpass what I did two years ago, failing unequipped due to injury, may go back equipped?

Ross_Harkins
Thurs 28/02/13 usual stationary bike warmup

overhead presses (cleaned from floor):

2x5x50kg,

1x5x60kg,

1x5x70kg, the clean part was awful due to the injury!

5x4x75kg no better prob not best idea to do standing either!

Reverse hyperextensions: 5x10 what a relief!

SI joint release knees pressing elbow and fist, did it several times sitting on a low box, did release a bit but there was never any "click" maybe just need to do it more often?

One leg deadlifts (alt each leg)no weight 5x5
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Bar 5x5
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" 40kg 4x6
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" 50kg 3x6

Amazed at how much the core had to work, great! Also really worked all the stabilisers to the hilt, these and one legged squats are keepers.

Wide grip chins: 3x10

"
been following the log you're really soldiering through. Have you maybe asked to have a scan around the area incase they can pick up something like wear and tear around the pelvis? My biggest problem right now is pain around the SI joint and I'm probably going to ask for another scan as well as keep doing all my mobility drills and movements.
Rolling the legs with the pipe hurts like a mother doesn't it haha
Ross_Harkins
Sat 02/03/13 warmup stationary bike

Back squat low bar:

2x5x20kg bar eased down slow, stretching ever rep deeper,

2x5x60kg """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""",

1x5x100kg""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""",

1x4x130kg felt quite good,

1x2x160kg felt bit tight, slight pain on 1st,

1x2x180kg """""""""""""", but still good depth more than needed

1xfailx200kg, nice decent, got out of it, couldn't engage the glutes due to the pain

4x2x160kg played about with stance and head position, realised stance too narrow, went past shoulder width, plus Weigieboard advised to look up at the ceiling, result, more power coming up, much easier, narrow puts too much strain on base of back/glute tie in, got more hip power, this is a keeper!

Bench press:

2x8x60kg,

1x5x80kg,

1x2x100kg,

1x2x120kg,

3x2x125kg felt great, line and speed coming up

Close grip bench press:

3x6x105kg challenging but good clean reps

Chest supported snatch grip rows:

1x10x60kg,

3x6x80kg

Hyperextensions:4x10
That was some goodness today. Really enjoyed seeing you bench that 125 it's inspired me to work the bench properly again even if I can only really hit it at the Palace or on the smith machine. I'll keep pushing.
The Scottish Unequipped on on August 11th this year, so you've got plenty of time to fix the broken bum issue.
The f**k that you Louise?
Good luck tomorrow. Go take names.
Ross_Harkins
Cheers Weige, need all the support I can get ATM. Louise if you are reading this, I will only be coming tomorrow to coach you nothing else, they can f**k off if they think I'm loading, done my time, they can look for new bodies as me and Stevie are finished with them.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoss unequipped journal
Return to top View Desktop Site