Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsIain's Training

Iain's Training

Users viewing topic: & 3 Guests

philnosko
The trainings looking solid mate. And looks like your bench has improved from last week!
philnosko said:The trainings looking solid mate. And looks like your bench has improved from last week!

Cheers. TBH though sats benching was narrow grip and big pauses.
Very nice work mate - not a bad looking T shirt that either Wink
shoreshot said:Very nice work mate - not a bad looking T shirt that either Wink

Some cheap hand me down!
24/9/10

Sumo deadlift;
60x5
100x5
140x3
160x2
180x1
200x1
210x5 (pb)

Conv deadlift (KK style.. sort off)
160x2
180x1
200x1
220x1 (changed to mixed grip)
240x1

Rolling thunder- worked up to 60kg then holds with 40kg

Very nice session today. Next week was a planned light week and now that my phd is to be handed in on friday its going no training till next sat. Infact thats why I trained today instead of sat as I can devote more time at weekend to work. This meant I was still sore from yestardays work, but still had a good thrash.

Sumo and hook great today. Did 210 pause and go style instead of re-set and go. TBH I have a suspcision this is the best way for me to rep deadlifts. Anyway the best thing was my hook grip holding out. No way I could have done that 3 weeks ago. Thumbs are starting to toughen up!

Decided to do conv deads as my assistance lift today. Started with a hook grip but finished on mixed. Also did em KK style with an attempt to round the upper back and tuck my head in at the start. Kinda like this style. Feel tight and ready to explode at the bottom. Will make the lockout harder though. Anyway decided to take some heavy singles WTF and happy with a tired 240.

My quads are f'ing killing me though. They were real sore from yestarday but half way through the conve work they started to ache reall bad. I predict tomorrow will be fun times getting out of bed. They are aching still now Tongue

Finished off with some rolling thunder work for some extra gripfagage!

So next week of then another 2 week very heavy cycle and start to taper for Uni champs.

Vids to follow
Okay dire angle and carn't see sweet FA, wtf was I thinking.. but hey ho...

PhD thesis handed in. Now await the viva Eek

Strange day with all sorts of twoing and throwing what with having to go back home half way through my train journey to pick up my laptop, and having to randomly visit parts of campus that I havn't been to in years.... f**king strange Tongue
Bit late, but nice pulls.

Why sumo? You going to pull sumo equipped?
JC said:Bit late, but nice pulls.

Why sumo? You going to pull sumo equipped?

Some suggested I gve it a go unequipped. Give it a go and see how I fair. Enjoying it and we'll see what the next few meets bring. Not under any illisions I ma gona be pbing my pull any time soon but will get a fel for how the sumo gels at a meet.
Any reason for the change in start position on conventionals?....looks konstantinovesque! What do you think you need to do to get back to 600lbs pulls? i remember competing againgst you at bdfpa south east few years ago and your deads were flying...260 everytime! I think as long as your squat-dead conditioning is there you can still pull close to your best fresh in comp conventional.
NickR said:Any reason for the change in start position on conventionals?....looks konstantinovesque! What do you think you need to do to get back to 600lbs pulls? i remember competing againgst you at bdfpa south east few years ago and your deads were flying...260 everytime! I think as long as your squat-dead conditioning is there you can still pull close to your best fresh in comp conventional.

The KK thing is just a play really. I am serious about giving the sumo a good go and won't loose much strength conv. Its a bit of fresh air if anything elese and if it works great if not I can put it to bed. I actually enjoy sumo pulling and the hook grip is cool to. Next couple of meets aint important in terms of total pb; Uni, GBPF divis, BDFPA divs, So can experinment.
dr_hazbun
nice to see sumos in your log!

not your objective I know but have you ever tried doing sumos in suit bottoms? It feels great with the hips nice and snug.
Post Edited: 01.10.2010 @ 18:27 PM by just_t
nice repping and single.

good to see the hook is staying! it DEFINATELY helps my pull. My last reps on TOUGH sets are always hook and it feels much stronger (I just cant rep more than 3 like it as my thumb will drop off)

(and it looks well cool)
When the hook feels good it is reall smart, still not up to a max poundage yet but its coming along quick.

Sam- don't ply your dirty gear on me Happy Yes I have used suit bottoms when I trained sumo equipped.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsIain's Training
Return to top View Desktop Site