Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosBuildup for a comp or train day to day?

Buildup for a comp or train day to day?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MrSmall
For you guys more experienced than me in competition matters.

If you know what weights you want to hit, or have to do in a competition, would you tailor all your training towards it and work off of those final numbers or would you just train your normal routine and weights as you feel like it?

Considering trying a different approach, its all a learning curve for me.
Why limit your progress by aiming at the target weights?

Reach for the f**king stars Smallsy my lad!
I generally carry on with my usual training, making only small adjustments for an upcoming comp.
i can say with confidence, as im the most experienced that you need to up carbs in 3% increments and train a bit harder.
id train heavier than the competition weights so when u do the comp the weights feel easier cause uve done heavier
I think some poeple are quite ignorant when it comes cycling there training for comps and events. I bet if you asked Chris Hoy if he goes out on his bike does he just peddle the s**t out of it for 3hrs, 5 times a week, 6 mnths leading up to the olympics he'd say no!! you have to peak and fall, staying at your peak constantly is pretty hard to do and will probably just lead to injury.

pretty dumb if your not trying to hit your best numbers in comps if you ask me. Doesnt matter how much you an do in the gym its how much you do on the day that will win you your little crappy plastic trophyGrin
nathan said:id train heavier than the competition weights so when u do the comp the weights feel easier cause uve done heavier

Sound idea in theory and it's what I'd do if possible but often the comp weights will be top end if not PB's for the likes of me so it's hard to know what to do for the best.
moz said:
staying at your peak constantly is pretty hard to do

My peak is about 8 years away!
MrSmall
PAGAN said:
Sound idea in theory and it's what I'd do if possible but often the comp weights will be top end if not PB's for the likes of me so it's hard to know what to do for the best.

That's what I mean.

Good input guys thanks!
Especially Tony.

And Moz.

And Wayne, thank you Wayne, you old hasbeen you.
MrSmall said:
That's what I mean.
Good input guys thanks!
Especially Tony.
And Moz.

was my imput not good enough u ungrateful bas***d Tongue
MrSmall
nathan said:
was my imput not good enough u ungrateful bas***d Tongue

Cast your eyes to the left Nathan, does it look like I can train with weights heavier than competition weights to make them easy on the day? Grin

Thank you also, but you would be the ideal 140kg beast of a man way of working.
Not for me!

Also,
http://www.traileraddict.com/content/sony-pictures/black_dynam...

Fantastic film!!

Sorry but whenever I see you I shall post this.
MrSmall said:

I meant 8 years into the future! This is a long-term project for me. No rush.
MrSmall
Wayne_Cowdrey said:
I meant 8 years into the future! This is a long-term project for me. No rush.

Oh.

I retract my previous statement!

I would make some sort of "oh, still growing then" joke but I feel I don't know you well enough.
moz said:I think some poeple are quite ignorant when it comes cycling there training for comps and events. I bet if you asked Chris Hoy if he goes out on his bike does he just peddle the s**t out of it for 3hrs, 5 times a week, 6 mnths leading up to the olympics he'd say no!! you have to peak and fall, staying at your peak constantly is pretty hard to do and will probably just lead to injury.

pretty dumb if your not trying to hit your best numbers in comps if you ask me. Doesnt matter how much you an do in the gym its how much you do on the day that will win you your little crappy plastic trophyGrin

f**k you for saying we should actually "think" at times!!!! Grin Tongue
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosBuildup for a comp or train day to day?
Return to top View Desktop Site