REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 157 guests
You are here: HomeForumchrisc201 → View All Posts

View All Posts: chrisc201

» Titan belt group buy? (Go to post)05-06-2013 @ 22:50 
I'd definitely be in for this.. been threatening to buy a proper belt a while now...
» Micro SD Cards (Go to post)23-04-2013 @ 15:43 
Post Edited: 23.04.2013 @ 15:44 PM by chrisc201
Difference is usually the "class" which defines the read/write speed.

Obviously if it's a recognized make like SanDisk then it's more likely to be a good quality and reliable.

Personally I've bought cheaper ones and never had much of a problem, if you are regularly transferring 30gb files it's worth investing in a higher class.

Cheers,
Chris
» Deadlift Coaching Glasgow (Go to post)22-04-2013 @ 18:26 
Good question which I'm not sure of the answer... thought about it a few times but never really committed between training for nav lifts versus bb style training.

Think I'd be competitive with deadlift but my bench and squat lags a little (130/170), not that it's all about winning but let's face it, we're all competitive :-)

Think I'll get the double prong belt ordered up and see how it helps.
» Deadlift Coaching Glasgow (Go to post)22-04-2013 @ 17:44 
Good to hear about belt, especially as I see the advice is coming from folk with monster pulls so know what they are talking about.

For the scotstoun barbell club, would it be ok to show up for a few weeks to get a few pointers? As stated don't intend to compete and don't want to waste anyone's time.

Thanks for the advice so far, will get the ss belt ordered up, any opinions on whether to fork out for lever, see comments about them breaking but that may be exaggerated and likely with guys putting a lot more pressure on them than I'm ever likely to! Do like the idea for the convenience.

Lastly, I'm a 36 in trousers which are loose on waist but fit over quads, any advice on size of belt to order, best to err on large / small side?
» Deadlift Coaching Glasgow (Go to post)22-04-2013 @ 14:43 
Had to change gyms a few times recently as was a member of fitness first govanhill then when it shut east kilbride which also shut!

Currently in the fit4less in east kilbride, good kit for little money.

Any advice on belts, strength shop double buckle a good starter?
» Deadlift Coaching Glasgow (Go to post)22-04-2013 @ 11:33 
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first post.

Wondering if there are any power lifting type coaches around Glasgow, been training a few years with a 1rm of 255kg on dl at around 100kg. Currently around 93kg and pulling 240.

I'm not planning to compete but love to dead lift and think I've got more in the tank but something just doesn't feel quite right. I always lift completely raw and have thought about investing in a decent belt to see if it helps push on a bit, would love to pull 300 one day although know that it's a big leap.

Anyway, anyone interesting in a couple of coaching sessions and some pocket money drop me a line.

Cheers,
Chris
You are here: HomeForumchrisc201 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions