REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 188 guests
You are here: HomeForumjamiem1983 → View All Posts

View All Posts: jamiem1983

» two man log press - elbows in our out (Go to post)29-05-2013 @ 23:14 
thanks for the advice mate, taken on board.Grin
» two man log press - elbows in our out (Go to post)29-05-2013 @ 18:45 
thanks for the comments guys, when I log press, I lean my head back and use my delts as a platform to rest the log as this lets me breath I also tilt my elbows up to facilitate this, maybe its just like this on the log because it was heavy and it gave more support.

ive log pressed for years and form is pretty good, but I thought maybe I pointed my elbows in to get my lats to come into play more??
» two man log press - elbows in our out (Go to post)29-05-2013 @ 10:34 
Anyone Any insite into it.
» two man log press - elbows in our out (Go to post)28-05-2013 @ 22:31 
This is a video of myself and a team mate at a novice comp at the weekend doing 210kg two man log, i've only just noticed my elbows point together before the lift but his don't, i'm a decent presser is there any reason I do this and would i lift more if I keep my elbows apart and straight up and down.

http://youtu.be/idkqZ-FUpAE
» My path to Strongman (Go to post)26-06-2012 @ 17:43 
well ive been doing a bit of grip training the last few weeks and ive also managed to break the 200kg deadlift mark finally. Grin
» Frame carry advice (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 14:05 
I thought moisturising your hands would make them softer and would make them damage easier?
» Frame carry advice (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 13:57 
is it better to leave the callus's on or cut them off??

yesterday before doing all this i sat and shaved them off so dont know if that made any difference. saying that i dont think a little hard skin would help with 210+kg is in your hands. lol my weakest events for this comp are yoke, frame and chain drag. basically anything that live outside and i dont get a chance to do often, got to love scottish weather..
» Frame carry advice (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 13:21 
excellent advice thanks again guys.

see i dont have large hands either, the handles are knurled and 2" dia as well

ill give the thumb placement a try and see if that helps.

heres hoping that on the day ill be fine. i was attemping max log etc prior to this so hands were sore before i started.
» Frame carry advice (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 12:40 
cheers guys, was a pleasure watching the both of you at the scottish final

martin this is the method i was using last night hurt like hell but never lost grip.

i assume the stronger the grip the less it hurts or is it just the less chance of injury from callus tares etc

id think the stronger your grip the less the handle moves in your hand so the less its going to damage your hand physically.

if theres no real tech to it then ill just have to man up lol just have to keep telling myself the pain stops when i corss the line Grin
» Frame carry advice (Go to post)19-06-2012 @ 11:47 
Well grip really. Grip it in fingers or palm best way to save as much pain as possible.
» Frame carry advice (Go to post)18-06-2012 @ 22:52 
hi guys tonight i decided to do the frame carry as it had been a while since i tried it last. got a novice comp coming up and the weight will be arround 230kg.

170kg over 15m easy enough - Hands were sore
210kg over 15m easy enough - Hands were very very sore

i was trying the twist grip tech ive seen some people do, but not sure if it helped of hindered me.

its where you grip the handles with your palms facing up so when you stand up they twist on the grip i assume for better grip.

but i squeezed as hard as i could to stop it slipping, half way down my hands felt stone cold. and when i got to the end my hands were freezing. i assume this was me squeezing all the blood out of them.

any tips or advice as i think this will be one of my weakest events.
» My path to Strongman (Go to post)18-06-2012 @ 22:50 
tonight i decided to do the frame carry as it had been a while since i tried it last.

170kg over 15m easy enough - Hands were sore
210kg over 15m easy enough - Hands were very very sore

i was trying the twist grip tech ive seen some people do, but not sure if it helped of hindered me.

its where you grip the handles with your palms facing up so when you stand up they twist on the grip i assume for better grip.

but i squeezed as hard as i could to stop it slipping, half way down my hands felt stone cold. and when i got to the end my hands were freezing. i assume this was me squeezing all the blood out of them.

any tips or advice as i think this will be one of my weakest events.
» Strongman comp prep (Go to post)18-06-2012 @ 17:36 
i see alot of guys with fruit/wine gums.
» Strongman comp prep (Go to post)18-06-2012 @ 15:54 
great advice im 2 weeks away from my first comp as well so all questions i was wondering as well. jaffa cakes will now be in my gym bag lol Grin
» My path to Strongman (Go to post)15-06-2012 @ 13:25 
true, but the last thing i want to do is turn up missing a vital bit of kit or something.

You are here: HomeForumjamiem1983 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions