REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 233 guests
You are here: HomeForumSemUK → View All Posts

View All Posts: SemUK

» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)23-01-2013 @ 20:53 
That's it, 2 hour ride sat morning, 3 hour ride sun morning. I'm 6'3 105kg and my squat is stalled at 130kg, DL 180kg, BP 100kg. I'm 35 so not a spring chicken, but still plenty of recovery ability considering I eat plenty & sleep plenty. I'm just curious if anyone that does distance cycling (or running) can push up strength numbers - unfortunately they seem to be at totally different ends of the physical activity spectrum, perhaps incompatible beyond meagre (weak) strength levels like I have achieved.
» The Cycling Thread (Go to post)23-01-2013 @ 16:19 
Can I ask if you guys follow serious strength training programs while cycling? I'm somewhat new to weight training with about a year under the barbell and I'm struggling to balance cycling on the weekends with my training.

I have been following a mostly linear 5x5 'Starting Strength' program and have stalled prematurely on squats. I'm trying to find a balance but I believe the stall is down to fatigue. We ride for about 4-5 hours per weekend in the winter, with an added evening ride midweek in summer. Can this much cycling work with a strength program, or is the fatigue/cortisol too much for average individuals with good eating and sleeping patterns? I'm curious if anyone has managed to do both.
You are here: HomeForumSemUK → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions