Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumKerr1992 → View All Posts

View All Posts: Kerr1992

» gym shorts (Go to post)01-01-2015 @ 19:55 
Haha having played rugby all my days small legs is something I've never had to worry about.

I just hate training in tracksuit bottoms :-(
» gym shorts (Go to post)01-01-2015 @ 18:25 
Think I'll take a wander into sports direct then tomorrow!

Cheers guys
» gym shorts (Go to post)01-01-2015 @ 18:15 
They look quite good mate and can't grumble with the price!
» gym shorts (Go to post)01-01-2015 @ 17:59 
Hi guys,

Can anyone Suggest a good pair of cotton shorts for training? I ordered some cheap ones on ebay but they came from China and there XL was more like our medium lol.

Preferably inexpensive ones of reasonable quality.

Cheers!
» reintroducing myself... (Go to post)26-12-2014 @ 15:12 
Hi gents,

I briefly used this forum a few years ago but dropped off it when I stopped training when I went to uni.

I thought I would reintroduce myself as I'm getting back into the gym and fancy doing a bit of powerlifting this year now that I'm no longer playing rugby.

So Hi! Will look forward to gaining loads of information from you guys!

Thanks
Craig
» Looking for a Strongman Gym near Edinburgh/West Lothian (Go to post)19-02-2012 @ 21:25 
Ok,

So I have been in touch with lee,

He gave me some info Happy and also told me there are some rugby guys like myself there Happy I played No.8 and Flanker Grin

Anyway, I'm hoping there is someone who trains there that might be able to show me around and hopefully show me what I'm doing with the different bits of kit so I can keep embarrassment to a minimum Happy ... I don't just want to turn up and randomly start lifting stuffs when I don't know what I'm doing Happy

Also, I'm guessing that because I'm doing all my strength training in my every day gym, that the strongman gym is just used for technique? Do I still need to design myself a workout routine for there as well? or is it a case of just do what you feel like doing?

... Hate feeling like a noobie :O lol

Cheers
Craig
» Looking for a Strongman Gym near Edinburgh/West Lothian (Go to post)18-02-2012 @ 23:52 
That would be great mate Happy

I'm still a bit concerned that I'm not strong enough but I wanna see what its like Happy

And also will need to learn the techniques Happy

Cheers
Craig
» Looking for a Strongman Gym near Edinburgh/West Lothian (Go to post)18-02-2012 @ 23:19 
Hi guys,

As mentioned above, I'm looking for a strongman gym to attend.

I know use probably get asked this question all the time so I'm sorry Grin

Anyway, I had someone mention Industrial Strength in Kirkcaldy and supposedly it's the closest one too me as I live In Livingston (West Lothian) Happy

I'm looking for contact details for Industrial Strength if possible (I couldn't find anything via google) as I don't really want to just turn up and start mucking about with stuff as I don't know the techniques for lifting the strongman gear Happy

Any advice would be great Grin

Cheeeeeeers
Craig
» Got my routine sorted :) (Go to post)05-02-2012 @ 14:09 
I just wanna keep it simple Happy
» Got my routine sorted :) (Go to post)04-02-2012 @ 21:40 
So, I now have settle into a routine i'm happy with. I'm basically just sticking to the compound exercises.

On a Wednesday I do Bench and Shoulder Press

On a Friday I do Deadlift and Barbell Row

On a Sunday I do Squats and Powercleans

What use think?

I'm struggling with my diet a bit, I'm trying to keep my calorie count low by sticking to 2000 per day just to get my body fat down then I will up it Happy

How do I figure out how many calories I should be eating in a day? i'm sure there is a way to work it out depending on how active you are etc etc Happy
» Belts, Wrist straps, gloves? (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 15:18 
Thanks mate Grin
» Belts, Wrist straps, gloves? (Go to post)10-01-2012 @ 14:12 
Hi guys,

Looking to get more information on belts, wrist straps and gloves.

Should I use them?

When should I use them?

Etc! Etc! Etc!

All advice welcome Grin

Thanks
Craig
» New routine for a beginner (Go to post)29-12-2011 @ 18:43 
Thanks Grin

Gonna go plan out a workout now :P
» New routine for a beginner (Go to post)29-12-2011 @ 18:20 
Post Edited: 29.12.2011 @ 18:23 PM by Kerr1992
No i'm not playing rugby anymore, played for years and just not into it anymore, I was just refering to when I was training for rugby Happy I now want to try training for strongman ... if i can get strong enough! :O ... Thanks for all the suggestions and advice Happy
» New routine for a beginner (Go to post)29-12-2011 @ 01:49 
I have also came to the conclusion that no one actually does any form of arm work on its own if you catch my drift?

Everyone in the Rugby scene and on here seems to hate the idea of curls etc,

How then do i train arms? :O ... I'm quite confused, i have trained for a while just not for anything specific ... when training for Strongman should i just stick to doing variations of:

Bench
Shoulder Press
Deadlift
Squats
Powercleans

What would i do for back?

Any examples would be great? Happy

Theres just too much to know Unhappy

You are here: HomeForumKerr1992 → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site