REGISTER
 

Pompy's Training Journal

123

PompyIcon...27-01-2010 @ 20:53 
Avatar
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
Post Edited: 28.01.2010 @ 15:02 PM by Pompy
Ah right, well you never know sometime we might be there before the comp and can have a mini comp at some of the lifts.

____________________________________

UPDATE: Went to the docs this afternoon about my hamstring and shoulder, got some ibuprofen gel which is doing the trick, also got to lay off training for the weekend which I was planning on doing anyway. Going back on Monday if it's not gone away.
PompyIcon...05-02-2010 @ 13:28 
Avatar
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
Ok so training has been a bit hit and miss with the move up to bonnie Scotland. My shoulder is looking to be a long term thing but it shouldn't affect the comp much since it only hurts during bench style movements.

Dynamic Bench Day. Rosyth. 3rd February 2010.

Barbell clean and press
60.6
60.6
80.1
90.1
100.1
80.6

Dynamic bench press
60.6
80.6
80.1 shoulder pain again so had to stop

Machine seated row
40.8
68.8
89.5

Machine Tri rope push down
14.12
21.15
21.11
16.10

Also did a few lengths in the pool the day after this, mainly to loosen the shoulder up. But I noticed how much hard work it was and I reckon I need to start some regular cardio now to bring the CV fitness up.
Nick79Icon...05-02-2010 @ 15:05 
will beat Buzz in the next comp
Member 358, 713 posts
SQ 200, BP 160, DL 220
580.0 kgs @ 105kgs UnEq
When you coming along for a play at the Unit fella?
PompyIcon...05-02-2010 @ 16:47 
Avatar
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
After valentines weekend when I have brought my car up from Doncaster mate.
PompyIcon...05-02-2010 @ 16:49 
Avatar
My opinions have run their course
Member 694, 3112 posts
Friday 5 February. Rosythe. Max Effort Deadlift

Ten minute cross trainer

Deadlift
60.6
60.6
100.3
140.1
180.1
200.1
230.1

Hamstring machine curl
53.6
74.6
88.2
67.5

Hammer Curl
20.8
30.6
30.5
20.10

Forearms and abdominals to finish. Good session pleased with deadlift there was a lot left in the tank and I think I am going to get a new pb soon.

Had a half hour swim after this which was spot on for my shoulder.
youngyIcon...01-03-2010 @ 22:23 
Avatar
crushed the generals chance of 6th place
Member 588, 5477 posts
SQ 200, BP 100, DL 200
500.0 kgs @ 84kgs UnEq
You keeping things a secret? Grin

123

© Sugden Barbell 2026 Privacy - Terms & Conditions