Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMy Run up to the British Classic Championships in the GBPF

My Run up to the British Classic Championships in the GBPF

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

strengthathlete
Right, thought it was time for a fresh Journal and hope it attracts, good advice, great people to help me achieve and encourage my long term goals, I will have been training 1 year consistently 16th of September, I am only 21 days until my comp 9th of September Sunday.

I did a comp a couple of Months, ago, to try a big divisonal to try and qualify for the " British Classic Championships, in the 93kg class under 20 category, and to my amazement, I did it easy with my first comp of 395kg total at 88.2kg Bodyweight;

The good news is I did learn alot from myself and people in that comp and had great support from my old dad a Ex powerlifting and bodybuilder, who's making a comback himself. I am currently weighing around 14st 2lbs, 6ft 1 tall. I've managed to up my weight and consequently up my lifts abit.

I wont post previous workouts, although I may well be training tomorrow, after work so I'll upload then on things, advice from people would be good. Speed bench and assistances and heavy squats is my plan of action tomorrow, I am hoping to hit 425kg plus total so a good improvement from first one which is key slow but steady improvements.

Look forward to comments and advices. Tongue Tongue
strengthathlete
Okay chaps, went training, today straight after work, it's been tough last few weeks with my new job etc, long shift morning work, and total cycle off 12 miles a day including going to gym and back.

Squats:

1x6 on bar
1x5 on 60kg
1x5 on 90kg
1x4 on 105kg
1x2 on 115kg
1x2 on 125kg
1x3 on 135kg, This is my opener, not really easy but pretty decent; getting good depth, and change slightly to a closer stance, next week I will be trying to double 145kg, which I've done a single on I am hoping to do this second lift.

2x8 drop set on 80kg.

legs pretty fatigued, this cycling should strength the ligaments, and get me fitter.

Front Squat:

1x8 on 80kg
1x5 on 70kg

Leg Extensions:

3x8 on 15kg just for a burn effect.Happy

Ham Curls:

3x8 20kg

Bench:

1x6 on bar
2x8 on 50kg just working on paused speed reps.

Incline Bench:

2x8 on 40kg just for a nice pump on uppder chest on smith machine, Job done, quiet a moderate session squats were good, going to get a sports massage soon a couple of sessions to really get my back to 100% will be doing serious benchpress and deadlifts on Sunday. Then serious Squats end of that week. Quiet nervous but excited about my comp, can't actually wait!Happy
Hi mate i compete in the GBPF too ,best of luck for the sept comp mate youll do great ,lets hope for some pbs on the day Happy
strengthathlete
Hello Mate, whats your name out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking mate. Yeah I am hoping for 430 total or there abouts, in 93kg class, only about 89kg atm. You a worldchampion at that bodyweight?
strengthathlete said:Hello Mate, whats your name out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking mate. Yeah I am hoping for 430 total or there abouts, in 93kg class, only about 89kg atm. You a worldchampion at that bodyweight?

no worries bud im Jay Pateman. I have only had one comp and did a bench only and managed to break the GBPF bench record,im doing the English open bench on 29th of sept and gonna try and rebreak my own record .
strengthathlete
Hello mate, thanks for that fella, what you aiming for in this one, DO you suggest I try and double up with my 2nd lift this sunday, on deadlift, My last heavy one anyhow,

Will be doing some bench to.
strengthathlete said:Hello mate, thanks for that fella, what you aiming for in this one, DO you suggest I try and double up with my 2nd lift this sunday, on deadlift, My last heavy one anyhow,

Will be doing some bench to.

i will be aiming for a 240 bench.
Doubles or trebles up to comp would be a safe bet and keep you fresh for your heavy single on the day. Have a good rest the week before with loads of good sleep little alchol ,and good food and youll be fine .
strengthathlete
Cheers mate,

Yeah will see how it goes mate, How long shall I rest after sundays tough session until I do Squats. Only got a few weeks til comp now so.

Can't wait though
strengthathlete said:Cheers mate,

Yeah will see how it goes mate, How long shall I rest after sundays tough session until I do Squats. Only got a few weeks til comp now so.

Can't wait though

couple of days will be fine with good food and rest mate.
strengthathlete
Decided to eat big until Saturday going to do deadlifts and Bench on that with some little assistances,

Should be fun!
strengthathlete
Post Edited: 25.08.2012 @ 12:17 PM by strengthathlete
Today's Session:

Deadlifts:

1x5 on 70kg fast good style.
1x5 on 90kg
1x3 on 110kg, great hitting the hips forward and keeping bar nicely to the shins.
1x3 on 130kg knew it was going to be an average day, great speed on lockout and floor.

1x2 on 155kg this was abit of a jump but wanted to hurry up and get to it.
1x2 on 175kg very good and not too bad at all, can do many more reps but didn't bother as I wanted to go heavier and do so.

1x2 on 185kg Yes b**ch nailed it, and felt good, now I won't be going heavy until comp so hoping to will do a session on 31st of Agust just with 110-120 for speed and that'll be the lot. So I get time to recop, and rehab my back and legs fully. Video Below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IS8LoFWsPM&feature=youtu.b...

Drop set

2x6 on 120kg hands forward.

BenchPress:

1x6 bar
1x5 on 40kg
1x5 on 60kg
1x3 on 70kg
1x3 on 82.5kg Opener in comp. Vid below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvTO4wB6Woc&feature=youtu.b... [/url]

2x5 on 72.5kg speed set drop set.

Leg Extensions:

3x12 on 25kg

Ham Curls:

1x10 on 20kg left leg
1x10 on 20kg right leg.
1x10 on 20kg

Shrug:

2x10 on 70kg

Lat Pull Downs

2x10 on 30kg

Job Done, time for shake and some or lots of food.Happy Happy
strengthathlete
Resting up few days for my next session off light bench and Heavy squats, Will probably do it Tuesday with light bench and a Bench session on Friday and that will be the last I do and then 9 days rest Can't wait until the comp really excited for it, and should be very good.Happy Happy
strengthathlete
Right Last Squat session and can't say it was particularly satisfying didn't feel great and just can't understand what happened?!

I seriously hope I've not over peaked as normally I can do 3 on today's weight I went up to fairly comfortably and yet today 1 was a really fecking hard struggle. Abit worrying should I lower the weight and play safe!? Advice would be good.

Squats:

1x6 on bar
1x6 on bar
1x5 on 60kg
1x5 on 60kg
1x5 on 90kg
1x3 on 105kg
1x2 on 115kg Should be easier than what it happened to be.

1x1 on 125kg this felt not too bad and was happy.

1x1 on 135kg

Opener normally do 3 easy or comfortable without a sweat, today 1 rep was fecking tough and dear went for a secound. I am worried I've over peaked this could be a disaster don't want to bomb out of the British, having second thoughts about comp now, But it was easy as pie before to know I could open on it, didn't feel fresh and can only put it down to a bad day, But you don't want to be having that day on the Biggest day of your life do you?!

Was hoping to do 145 for a double yeah dream on, did a single on that a few weeks ago, not that badly, and definitely wouldn't of got it today, just didn't feel right, Nor strong, it's putting me off this comp know.Unhappy Unhappy

Leg extensions:

1x10 on 40kg
1x10 on 40kg
1x10 on 40kg

Hamstring Curls:

1x10 on 30kg
1x10 on 30kg
1x10 on 30kg

Bench:

3x5 on 40kg paused, light as Friday is heavy bench and light deadlifts,

Disappointing session today, was hoping for 157.5kg in this comp, it just aint going to happen, I guess if I get 145kg in this comp I should be happy it's equal pb in gym, and 15kg more than last comp, and only weigh a 1kg more.

No more squatting until comp know, I hope after fridays heavy bench and light deadlifts, I got 8 days of solid food and rest, and pray by that time I'll be fresh and back to normal. Would be a shame if I didn't do it as I've trained so f**king hard for this comp.
strengthathlete
Change of action, Eating big tonight, and lots of carbs and sleep, tomorrow, is last heavy squat with opener and maybe second lift, and then heavy bench and very light deads job done

Looking forward to it, have placed a order with some deadlift slippers squat shoes and wrist wraps and nose tork.

Bring on tomorrow i'm going to fecking smash it!Happy
strengthathlete
Post Edited: 01.09.2012 @ 12:05 PM by strengthathlete

Today's session as of planned:

1x5 on 60kg
1x5 on 60kg, I normally go arse today but just trying to break parrell and get it right.

1x5 on 90kg
1x5 on 105kg
1x3 on 115kg

1x2 on 125kg, not feeling to bad here fairly fast from the base still getting good depth.

1x2 on 135kg, video to follow, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjvbwWeLjBs&feature=youtu.b...

not as easy as should be, will probably go 130 opener, 140 second left I can normally do 3 on 135 and have way before up to comp, which makes me think I've peaked to fecking early. Hoping the rest will get me back to normal.

Drop set:

1x5 on 115kg
Took out 155kg and stood back went down 3-4 inches getting rib cage use to that weight.
Really hoping for 145-147.5kg maybe really do hope for it.

BenchPress:

1x6 on bar paused
1x5 on 40kg paused.
1x5 on 60kg paused, Getting good speed, fecking knackered after the squats!
1x3 on 70kg paused.
1x1 on 82.5kg paused, normally get 3 on this weight only went for 1 as it is and was tough. Will do bench session Tuesday and that will be it.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujCIBRsmQ0&feature=youtu.b...
1x2 on 80kg, paused.

Incline Bench:

3x8 on 40kg

Calf Raises:

2x10 on 120kg
1x10 on 90kg

Speed Deads:

1x8 on 100kgs hands forward, very fast.
1x8 on 100kgs hands forward very fast.

Finished with Leg Extensions:

3x10 on 15kg, job done, and pretty satisfied all in all.Happy Happy [youtube]

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMy Run up to the British Classic Championships in the GBPF
Return to top View Desktop Site