REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 145 guests
You are here: HomeForumglen_danbury → View All Posts

View All Posts: glen_danbury

12345678910 ... ... 7071727374757677787980

» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)21-07-2009 @ 16:21 
ben france
gordon fairey
dennis robinson
jack lovett
craig riddell
rob hawxby
graham baldridge
bartosz wisniewski
scott taggart
adam vessey
andy smiles
will sanderson
joseph gorton
kenny cardwell
adam hales
andy venables
daniel milverton
james perry

18 entrants,and still time to go
» What have you eaten today? (Go to post)20-07-2009 @ 14:49 
Beard_Of_Iron said:
whilst i would agree fatty meats, full fat mil etc are all great surely truck loads of trans fats arent benefiting the powerlifter/strongman?

the trans fats in dairy and meat products are naturally occurring (CLA) and as such not dangerous (in fact they're good for you).

mate I refered to high fat diary as apositive I was meaning all the take away grub and processed sugary/fatty treats
» What have you eaten today? (Go to post)20-07-2009 @ 11:54 
richards9876 said:
JC said:
too many of you eat like BB's IMO. You are PLs and Strongmen

Richards - is that honestly what you would like to have before bed, cottage cheese? What about chocolate biscuits, chocolate bars, full fat choc milk, massive bowls of sugary cereal?

f**k cottage cheese as my last "nice" snack of the day!!

Doesnt bother me too much - i tend to pig out at a weekend so during the week i just eat like this.

Its not as strict as that everyday and it does vary depending on what foods i fancy though.

surely as long as the calories are right a cleaner diet would be more beneficial long term due to the extra nutrients? whilst i would agree fatty meats, full fat mil etc are all great surely truck loads of trans fats arent benefiting the powerlifter/strongman?
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)17-07-2009 @ 08:59 
Pint said:
Dont own a chequebook!!! Can I send cash, form is ready to go, in envelope, can post this if cash is ok... Cheers

dotn care how it comes - but will be honest and say the postiue will likely pinch it

give it to friend who owns a cheque book sounds the best bet so far

will have a new confimr entire list up later
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)16-07-2009 @ 15:54 
yeah, you can get direct from stanstead to cheshunt or if your in london direct from liverpool st station (try to get the direct train though as theres one which goes right round the bloody houses)
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)15-07-2009 @ 15:52 
yeah theres still time for more entrants
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)15-07-2009 @ 14:51 
yes all the kit apart from the kegs and the sandbag are at the gym now -
everything else will be available there by a week before

when the posters went up I was going to have some heavy chain to drag but that fell through - s**t happens and you have to adapt

pretty glad actually as i would have had to transport the bloody stuff
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)15-07-2009 @ 10:54 
a single farners walk implement which is solid cylinder type(unlike the world of strength frame type which will be used for the actual farmers walk) and weighs around 70kg but is very awkward when just using one,keg should be around 100kg and a sand bag
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)15-07-2009 @ 10:43 
confirmed entry update list

ben france
gordon fairey
dennis robinson
jack lovett
craig riddell
rob hawxby
graham baldridge
byrtosz wisniewski
scott taggart
chris flanngan withdrawn
adam vessey
andy smiles
will sanderson
joseph gorton
kenyy cardwell

fourteen entries and still sixteen days to go nice

Please only put entries in twos now to keep even numbersWink
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)14-07-2009 @ 08:46 
just post it too me and make out a cheque to monster muscle ltd

from the interest so far I expect around twenty entrants or there abouts (for competitors sake would be nice if it was even numbers Wink )
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)13-07-2009 @ 14:44 
Pete said:
Hi Glen,

There are some things that you "expect" at a comp and others that are are a "bonus".

Competitor wise I think that some kind of shaded area/gazebo is just about essential at a summer comp. Things like chairs are also great but I normally take my own anyway.

Drinks are into bonus territory. I'm sure that most/all of the guys take their own anyway. Snacks(carb bars etc.) are a very nice bonus too.

You get into real bonus territory when you get goody bags. Competitors at the Unit 20 comp ( a couple of years ago got a couple of t-shirts, creatine and some APT wrist wraps in their goody backs - regardless of position.I believe Sugden's Strongest Man had a great bag of goodies for the athletes too.

A t-shirt, to remember the occasion, is always nice. It probably falls somewhere between "expect" and "bonus" territory.

Just my £0.02

cheers pete - t-shirt, drinks ect where a given - at present I am trying to sort out more stuff within the goody bags and seeing whether we can get either free or heavily discoutned meals for all the competitors as well as a few extras

we will see
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)13-07-2009 @ 09:40 
ok confirmed entrance so far are

ben france
gordon fairey
dennis robinson
jack lovett
craig riddell
rob hawxby
graham baldridge
byrtosz wisniewski
scott taggart
chris flanngan

obviously there are a few on here who have mentioned cometiting but I havent had the entrance forms arrive yet so havent put your name down

quite a few from spartan performance - and I think jacks taking it seriously as well by the reference on his poster which I quote

'' I fully intend to have team spartan win every f**king event!!''

good to see a nice competitive spirit Happy
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)10-07-2009 @ 11:45 
Ok folks I am finaslising minor detials now such as stalls on the day, and what food is being available etc etc

from you point of view what would you WANT available - not promising anything but will always listen to try and make the day good for both competitors and spectators
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)10-07-2009 @ 10:43 
The thick bar is a solid knurled bar and will be mounted to 14 inch wheels - so slightly higher than an olympic bar but not greatly
» Drug Tested Strongman Comp 9th August Cheshunt (Go to post)10-07-2009 @ 08:17 
just chalk - straps i ask you Roll-Eyes Tongue

12345678910 ... ... 7071727374757677787980

You are here: HomeForumglen_danbury → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions