REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 2 members and 121 guests
You are here: HomeForumdannyboy73 → View All Posts

View All Posts: dannyboy73

12345678910 ... ... 535536537538539540541542543544545

» alternative we are (Go to post)18-07-2022 @ 17:12 
For all of you who only get the mainstream agreed news...

The lovely Nana offering a balanced perspective on the nice weather.

Worked all a full day in the sun, was hot but got through it, just like every hot day.

Just watered the garden, all looks good.
» alternative we are (Go to post)17-07-2022 @ 12:36 
same with the green beans, weve just planted our seconds.

Our courgettes have almost finished and we will be getting out leeks up soon.

we have stocked upto all the tins and dried food we wanted to and have all the jarring gear on order.

4 x 210 l water butts full and water filter in place.

Just going well, really. We feel prepared and quiet happy.

milk has risen from 150 to 190 last week to 210. we are getting used to black coffee and stocking up on dried milk.
» alternative we are (Go to post)14-07-2022 @ 16:49 
Post Edited: 14.07.2022 @ 16:54 PM by dannyboy73
Luki my friend. There is no might get worse sir. The rabbit hole for everyone eventually.

Planted igloo caulies and purple broccoli. Some more beans and radish.

The baby corn is fruiting now. The cherry tree is looking like we will get some cherries this year.

We are stepping up our game...bring forward our canning plans. cutting milk in coffee getting ourselves ready to cope with the shortages and cutting the lady hormones out of our water and diets.
» alternative we are (Go to post)08-07-2022 @ 18:58 
Post Edited: 08.07.2022 @ 19:16 PM by dannyboy73
hi buddy.

we have multiple foraging books and how to books...there are also books on how to perform dental sergery etc...designed for people travelling to remote tribes. Its all there if you just look.

Other good news...we eventually hooked up our water filter....no more fluride poisoning and...it may also filter out all the female hormones in the water supply Happy (a result of years of the pill). we are quiet excited about that...we want to give our kids the best start. They are already far fitter, full of energy but in contrast, they clearly have better attention spans than their peers.

“When you take a birth control pill, whatever is excreted goes through a treatment plant, however, an amount, even if minimal reaches the drinking water,” says study author Tracey Woodruff, PhD, MPH,

samue1son said:The most important life skills you can teach yourself and if you care, your children, is how to grow food. Identify it, plant it, grow it.

At the very worst, how to forage.
» alternative we are (Go to post)08-07-2022 @ 17:36 
Post Edited: 08.07.2022 @ 18:02 PM by dannyboy73
indeed nitrogen.

Either way, the point is, governments setting limits which in turn affect mass food production.

This, at a time when the world has gone bankrupt and people are struggling or starving.

If you want to talk global warming, my issue is not with keeping your environment pleasant to live on, e.g. clean rivers. My issue is with the constant catastrophizing everything from environment to over exagarated viruses. i accept that people have been scared to death and some individuals feel constant anxiety and impending doom. But this single narrative has become so dogmatic that we need to push back. Surely those so sure of everything should be pleased just to test hypothesis? Youd think so but critical thinking is well and truly out of vogue.
» alternative we are (Go to post)06-07-2022 @ 20:22 
Dutch and Srilankans protesting against insane green carbon policies that have left fields empty and Sri Lanka without fuel and food (they can only grow organic which has lead to mass starvation - not shown on the BBC of course...) and will lead to famine if not addressed.

You may find fuel becomes rationed or stopped.

This is why you need to stock up now.

» alternative we are (Go to post)06-07-2022 @ 19:34 
Post Edited: 06.07.2022 @ 19:34 PM by dannyboy73
we had an issue mentioned here....a new shallow bed. We planted second radish which didnt take - didnt even get to stumped man sausage status. Radish need deeper roots. We are learning...

Caulie and broccoli bed cleared. Plan to try artichokes. havent thought of fennel yet.

and discovered 2 more wild plumb trees in the garden Happy

Oh and can we freeze beetroot???

Funky_monkey said:I was planning on having tons of gigantic beetroot pulled out of the ground months ago. I just thinned them out and pulled out the biggest ones, which still aren't as big as I would have liked. Will boil them up later, or maybe add with other veggies tonight to go with the roast chicken.

Pulled out the one lettuce I directly sowed at the back as it looks like it wasn't going to do much more with cut and come again, plus I have 10 more heads that I can start cutting leaves from in about a week.

Tomatoes have picked up again now I'm tickling the flowers to get them pollinated.

Might plant potatoes in buckets, or should I put the fennel in them?

About 10 celery plants in the ground now, chard coming to an end, will give them a couple more weeks of cutting then pull them out. I'll try daikon radish again, but will make sure the ground underneath is NOT hard. You could clearly see where the roots had hit the harder ground and looked like my gentleman's sausage when it's squished against my boxers.

Celeriac ready to get planted once I have the room, as is fennel.
» alternative we are (Go to post)06-07-2022 @ 19:27 
If you cant see it by now...Only pain will make you see it. And trust me, its gonna get real painfull.

AdamT said:
The Great Reset in full swing, there is no stopping it now!
» alternative we are (Go to post)03-07-2022 @ 16:02 
Post Edited: 03.07.2022 @ 16:08 PM by dannyboy73
garlic up and platted today.

empty beds ready to go again.

we plan to grow another type of Kale as well as caulies and broccoli. If the s@@@t hits the fan in winter we will be pleased we did.

for those stuck and cant move on with BBC fear news... have a video of this lovely man from GB news.

I find myself working on a new site with a great new bunch of boys...almost all of them awake. This in contrast to the last lot - 47 out of 50 were sold. Happy times, good conversations and guess what? almost all of them are growing food in preperationHappy Weve been swapping stories and insights as well as plants Grin
» Put myslelf back together-AGAIN (Go to post)03-07-2022 @ 15:25 
Did some arms yesterday as well.

hip thrusters
squatted up to 118 x 5
sld up to 128 x 7
» Put myslelf back together-AGAIN (Go to post)02-07-2022 @ 15:35 
Have been training but loggin...just got over vid3. Same again, a summer cold/ tickley cough nd some night sweats. havent had to miss any work though.

did some ohp this morning upto 53k x 7 and a drop work set 43k x 12
some slr some plate punches and some rear delts.

Im all good and about 12.3. require to get below 12st again seem to do well around this weight.
» alternative we are (Go to post)01-07-2022 @ 19:28 
we were lucky, have had approx 70 beetroot ready to harvest

we had the same but with half of our sprouts - bolted and gone to seed. Not to confident we will get any sprouts this year.

Cue cumbers outside and now growing rapid. all the cuecamelons and cape gooseberries now out side and doing well.

plan to buy everything we need for preserving this month. have been realistic and given a budget of around 700. will be worth it.
» Zercher midget's lazy hunt for glory (Go to post)01-07-2022 @ 16:30 
ZANE

Wayne_Cowdrey said:83kg!!!
» alternative we are (Go to post)28-06-2022 @ 10:34 
All is well. the broccoli was a disappointment, but we are trying the purple version and igloo cauiles now.

We even have cuecumbers growing ell...moved from the greenhouse to the side of the house still in pots doing well.

my wife, currently doing shopping on line confirms milk has increased 12% in a month, rice 20% and some basic range is being replaced with more expensive items.

the water is at ear level. Will there be a tilde wave? will the water just keep on rising?
» Zercher midget's lazy hunt for glory (Go to post)28-06-2022 @ 10:29 
This is a confusing post Wayne...Are you suggesting that you have got taller.

Wayne_Cowdrey said:You're double my height, so should do Grin
)

Tongue

12345678910 ... ... 535536537538539540541542543544545

You are here: HomeForumdannyboy73 → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions