REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 240 guests
You are here: HomeForumstreak → View All Posts

View All Posts: streak

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

» rugby world cup (Go to post)10-09-2011 @ 10:12 
drew said:
You deserve some kind of award for such insightful comments

You deserve an award for over looking England's decision to wear all black. Happy
» rugby world cup (Go to post)10-09-2011 @ 09:46 
England deserve to lose purely for playing in all black.
» Dow do you make unflavoured protein taste better (Go to post)09-09-2011 @ 13:06 
Put the pea one in a bowl or flask of soup. It's ok.
» 150kg Log Press PB (Go to post)05-09-2011 @ 21:33 
FatHubble said:Cheers guys..

I'm 6ft mate..

I think I need to add a few KGs weight. Im 6'3".
» 150kg Log Press PB (Go to post)05-09-2011 @ 21:04 
Fantastic lift mate. How tall are you?
» Milk guzzling (Go to post)04-09-2011 @ 18:59 
Sen said:I didn't say you were Ox, it was just an amusing note to end on, I meant no offense by it Happy

(I FEEL) Saturated fats are not as bad as popular media would have you believe, I don't take sat-fats to be a negative anymore! BUUUT this topic can be very volatile as people hold VERY VERY different views on it.
-I agree totally on the Lactose views though! Milk is a great carb-source, IF you can tolerate them!

If you are the article reading type, this is a very interesting read regarding various saturated fats;
http://www.spacedoc.com/saturated_fat_is_good_for_you_1

I won't push my views on anyone but I think it is a genuinely nice read, for those that like to read and have an opinion either way! Happy
I wont say more on that topic, its like discussing politics with close friends! just don't do it! lol

I've been trying to convince family/friends of this for a while now. They think I'm part of some kind of cult, or something Unhappy
» Milk guzzling (Go to post)03-09-2011 @ 10:19 
brownbear said:
You have to be kidding me. That pile of s**t link you put in claims 1.4g protein/kg bodyweight is enough. Bodybuilders are the experts in building muscle, find me one who eats that little protein a day.
You don't need a peer reviewed study to tell you that ingesting more protein will help you gain
Muscle when combined with training.

I agree with you - what I'm wondering is if there is a point at which excess protein consumed is not used by the body and is therefore wasted. I mean, an intermediate natural lifter can only expect to add a few pounds of muscle a YEAR, right? What do you reckon?
» Milk guzzling (Go to post)03-09-2011 @ 09:31 
Paul_D said:
And a lot of people a lot 'more massiver' and a lot more 'strongerer' than him swear by high protein intakes (up to 2g per lb of bodyweight).
I wouldn't disregard carb/fat intakes but the simple fact of the matter is that your muscles NEED protein to grow, without it, hypertrophic gains are impossible. Bulking is possible, but the majority of peoples 'bulks' are god awful. If your gaining more than 1kg a week and you're natural let me tell you something.. you're getting fat.

I wonder if there is any science to show whether protein synthesis is increased (and hypertrophy greater) if more protein is consumed.

I'd've thought that the level of muscle breakdown/damage incurred during training would dictate the protein required by the body to heal/repair. I think this supports the view that a certain minimum amount of protein is required. I don't think the human body has evolved to grow bigger muscles just because there happens to be an excess of protein (the rules change with steroid users - their bodies become super efficient at synthesising protein, so literally the more protein they eat the better the gains).
» Milk guzzling (Go to post)02-09-2011 @ 23:22 
http://www.projectgoliath.co.uk/2011/01/seven-reasons-why-prot...

The guy that wrote this is massive!
» Milk guzzling (Go to post)02-09-2011 @ 22:53 
Paul_D said:
I hope that there is a hint of sarcasm within that...? Unless by massive you just mean heavier in bodyweight, not nessecarily lean body weight.

I believe that 'calories are king'. A decent amount of protein is optimal but to give you an extreme example - if someone ate 500g of protein a day, and little else, they wouldn't grow sh*t.
» Milk guzzling (Go to post)02-09-2011 @ 22:11 
Cuddles said:
Which was essentially my point.
If you chose to think that the difference between 3.3g and 3.6g of protein in milk is important to you then great, but it wont make one iota of difference to your training or progress.

Terminator is on the right track though. As we all know it's calories that get you massive, not protein.
» awsome bench drop set (Go to post)01-09-2011 @ 22:49 
Big_Gray said:awsome thread this. shows that some decent strongmen on here have respect for fellow athletes and some ignorant fools cant help but waffle s**t n dis some one who looks a million times better than them n also a lot f**king stronger.

Some people just have no respect for folks juiced up to the eyeballs. Others can respect the feat of strength on show. Twas ever thus.
» awsome bench drop set (Go to post)01-09-2011 @ 22:43 
Ben_F said:
Out of interest - how would YOU spot a 220kg bench?

I wouldn't! Happy
» awsome bench drop set (Go to post)01-09-2011 @ 22:09 
PAGAN said:
Well as the same could be said for 50%+ of all vids posted on here I don't see your point.

It's obvious. It's alright taking gear if you are Russian powerlifter and squatting to depth. Less so if yr a bb'r doing a drop set with gloves on and yr mate is doing 'zercher-spotting'. Grin
» big brother gh stomach (Go to post)23-08-2011 @ 23:20 
Yeah, looks crazy. Massive organ(s) Happy

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

You are here: HomeForumstreak → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions