REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 149 guests
You are here: HomeForumstreak → View All Posts

View All Posts: streak

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

» Why we get fat and what to do about it (Go to post)20-09-2011 @ 23:14 
Tom_Martin said:
SHOW ME YOUR ABS........come on, let's see what you've got!
Far too complicated.... no one will ever stick to that Unhappy

Abs, aye right!!! Happy

I have used lowcarb very effectively to lose my belly, but I do perform better when lifting if I have carbs in my diet. I tend to stick to milk, nuts, fruit and veg as wheat/gluten stuff freaks my stomach/arse out.

When getting lean and healthy is my top priority it'll definitely be lowcarb for me.
» Why we get fat and what to do about it (Go to post)20-09-2011 @ 22:56 
Boar said:Im with the streak !

If anybody read the book(s) they would be too!

Makes perfect sense. I keep on wanting to give the book to big ppl I know Happy
» Why we get fat and what to do about it (Go to post)20-09-2011 @ 21:41 
Tom_Martin said:f**kS SAKE right, how to be completely 'Tom Martin' shredded in 2 easy steps.

1. Eat less.
2. Move more.

Or,

1. Eat less carbs
2. Move more when you unlock your abundant energy stores.
» Fat Head (Go to post)17-09-2011 @ 19:54 
Thanks for posting.

I love stories like this!
» 180 x5 Squat Depth (Go to post)17-09-2011 @ 16:06 
Super squatting there mate.

I think the spotter is doing a decent job also. I think this method is better than applying upward pressure on the bar, in the event of a fail.

I'd always used a rack or cage for a heavy set though.
» Knee sleeves (Go to post)15-09-2011 @ 22:29 
I got my SS yellow/black double ply Thors this week. They feel great Happy
» Best gig you've ever been to. (Go to post)15-09-2011 @ 22:27 
ben66 said:The Flaming Lips at T in the Park a while back; G&R at Reading ages ago and a Band called Kling Klang (supporting Mogwai) in Edinburgh several years ago (never heard of them before seeing them, and never heard of them since).

Also Radiohead with DJ shadow supporting was awesome.

I had Mogwai and Kling Klang on today Happy
» Best gig you've ever been to. (Go to post)15-09-2011 @ 22:04 
Oasis, Irvine Beach 1995.
» Why we get fat and what to do about it (Go to post)15-09-2011 @ 16:45 
JC said:
Every obese person I know falls into one or the other

The lowcarb hypothesis suggests that gluttony and sloth are a symptom of being fat, and are not causal factors.

Obese people have dysfunctional bodies - their insulin prevents their fat cells releasing stored fat for energy (creating sloth like behaviour). Because of the lack of available energy their hunger kicks in to remedy the situation (gluttony).

Read the book. It's a great read.
» Why we get fat and what to do about it (Go to post)14-09-2011 @ 21:08 
Cuddles said:I may be looking at this from far too simplistic a viewpoint. But if carbs are the evil that they are portrayed to be in some circles, then why, when carbs made up 70-90% of our diets, was everyone not overweight?

BTW, I havent read this book, or watched these videos, and I AM in favour of limiting carbs when trying to lose weight. I just think the above is a question that I've never seen a satisfactory answer to.

Put simply, it's down to everyone being different. Some people are more resistant/sensitive to the insulin that is secreted in the body.
» Dead Lift Advice Please (Go to post)12-09-2011 @ 23:22 
Shaun said:
Do some standing crunches on the cable machine.

Ah, of course. Thanks!

I don't have a cable machine in my garage Confused
» Dead Lift Advice Please (Go to post)12-09-2011 @ 22:23 
Heavy standing Abbs.

What's that?
» deadlift critque (Go to post)11-09-2011 @ 12:13 
Your forms looks pretty good. I've watched like a million deadlift vids over the years and some of the strongest motherfuc*ers on the planet use a rounded back when pulling. I've surmised that if your back and core are strong, and you maintain good tightness when pulling, you can lift quite safely if rounded a little.

I used to cringe when watching some ppl pulling with a round back, but its so common I'm sure it's no big deal now.
» Knees (Go to post)10-09-2011 @ 21:01 
Thanks, folks. I'm going to get both Happy

I've been keen to try wraps for ages. If I can add a bit to my squat while promoting good knee health that's win/win in my book.
» Knees (Go to post)10-09-2011 @ 20:42 
My knees have started giving me a bit of gyp. Nothing too serious. I presume it's just wear and tear from years or rugby etc. I had bakers cysts diagnosed about a year ago by a physio but I can manage them quite effectively with hamstring stretching and ice.

I'm wondering if knee sleeves or wraps would help my knees further, and which would be better in your experience?

12345678910 ... ... 1718192021222324252627

You are here: HomeForumstreak → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions