Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWorlds strongest man

Worlds strongest man

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

There was big talk this year about suits being banned next year at wsm and giants live, so much so id be surprised if they dont get banned
Marc_Wells
Post Edited: 03.04.2014 @ 05:55 AM by Marc_Wells
terryhollands said:There was big talk this year about suits being banned next year at wsm and giants live, so much so id be surprised if they dont get banned

In saying that, how much of the population actually know that suits are used or even know what one does? At WSM you have to wear your competition shirt over the top - Giants its ok. If its in the rules, you do it. I dont understand if 80% of the competitors use a suit and the others dont people feel that the 20% that didnt use a suit are being ripped off?
What are your thoughts Terry?
Post Edited: 03.04.2014 @ 06:03 AM by chaos
I'm all for using suits in strongman! For me its all about the show and if wearing a suit helps the competitors lift more weight or move it more times then the better! The strongest guy will still win! Thor wasn't unlucky; he chose not to wear briefs or suit even though they are allowed, just as tacky is, straps are, elbow sleeves.....

If you want to show off static strenght then unequipped powerlifting is the stage to do that!

edit: just seen post above! my sentiments exactly!
Marc_Wells said:
In saying that, how much of the population actually know that suits are used or even know what one does? At WSM you have to wear your competition shirt over the top - Giants its ok. If its in the rules, you do it. I dont understand if 80% of the competitors use a suit and the others dont people feel that the 20% that didnt use a suit are being ripped off?
What are your thoughts Terry?

I feel some guys get much more out of a suit than others so that doesn't make them stronger. I personally think they should be banned. I wear suits but get have no issue with not wearing them as I get next to nothing
HeavyFuel
Do suits offer some protection against injury?

That would be the only reason to continue to allow them.
terryhollands said:There was big talk this year about suits being banned next year at wsm and giants live, so much so id be surprised if they dont get banned

I think if suits go, elbow sleeves have to go too

% wise, they give just as much as a suit
PaulSavage
HeavyFuel said:Do suits offer some protection against injury?

That would be the only reason to continue to allow them.

Certainly not for a deadlift, infact would say you are more likely to get injured wearing a suit as getting into a good position is made harder.
PaulSavage said:
Certainly not for a deadlift, infact would say you are more likely to get injured wearing a suit as getting into a good position is made harder.

I disagree. I feel invincible when I pull in the suit. Back feels wayyy more protected and I ache far less afterwards compared to pulling raw.
LessThanLuke said:
I disagree. I feel invincible when I pull in the suit. Back feels wayyy more protected and I ache far less afterwards compared to pulling raw.

weird too, as your a back heavy puller
PaulSavage
LessThanLuke said:

To be fair, my back is too long to really ever get into a good position for deadlift but i felt the suit made it even harder personally.
MrSmall
LessThanLuke said:

Clint Darden agrees with you
Benfrancis1993 said:
weird too, as your a back heavy puller

Honestly after pulling in the suit it feels like I haven't done anything.
shanejer
LessThanLuke said:

Awsome isn't it lol
LessThanLuke said:

I'm the opposite.

When I used a deadlift suit it felt like a full on fitness session getting the thing on and off! Brought me out in a mop sweat. I guess that's what I get when taking suit sizing advice from bullet-tooth Tony! Grin
JC said:
I think if suits go, elbow sleeves have to go too
% wise, they give just as much as a suit

The rules at wsm actually state neoprene elbow sleeves only but its something theyve let slide in recent years.

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWorlds strongest man
Return to top View Desktop Site