REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 314 guests
You are here: HomeForumLessThanLuke → View All Posts

View All Posts: LessThanLuke

12345678910 ... ... 407408409410411412413414415416417

» World's Strongest Woman (Go to post)02-06-2022 @ 11:40 
Post Edited: 02.06.2022 @ 11:44 AM by LessThanLuke
unit94 said:Yeah it does make sense! Inez is one, Victoria Long I imagine? Am I missing anyone that's obvious? They don't seem to have many top opens anymore. Maybe Nadia Stowers with OSG?

Victoria Long and Inez are the obvious no 1 and 2 but I'm fairly sure Victoria hasn't been asked unfortunately.

So I'm guessing its gonna be Inez, Nadia and someone else.

Gabi Dixon came 5th at OSG Opens so her maybe?
» Starting again... (Go to post)01-06-2022 @ 22:52 
Post Edited: 01.06.2022 @ 22:53 PM by LessThanLuke
Funky_monkey said:
Liar!

Update. Lifting is hard.

Since that post... opened a gym, broke the u105kg deadlift World Record a few times and now I am tired.
» World's Strongest Woman (Go to post)31-05-2022 @ 18:14 
unit94 said:I was wondering who the third would be. Tbf it's f**king fantastic that they're giving women a platform now. Same with Ultimate Strongman running the womens shows, absolutely massive for strongwoman.

Agreed. It's the one Giants Show I'm going to make an effort to go to and tbh it makes sense to pick the 3 winners of WSW.

I'm intrigued to see who the American Women are.
» World's Strongest Woman (Go to post)31-05-2022 @ 17:40 
Post Edited: 31.05.2022 @ 17:45 PM by LessThanLuke
AdamT said:
Pity they couldn't choose 4
Donna was always going to be first pick and I guessed they would go Andrea and Rebecca

Aye I guessed they would just a bit disappointing. On form 1st and 2nd picks should have been Rebecca and Annabelle.

Donna and Andrea are legends so I totally get it hah just from a selfish point of view.
» World's Strongest Woman (Go to post)31-05-2022 @ 16:46 
AdamT said:I just watched a video with Eddie, Darren and Colin

Apparently they are looking to set up a team UK v USA strongman comp. There are 4 men to be selected and 3 ladies. Rebecca is going to be one of the women along with Donna and Andrea

I think it's crazy how well she has progressed these last 3 or 4 years. Not surprising for me, as she had shown great potential, but it's still pretty good to be the top woman so soon

Very disappointed that Annabelle hasn't been picked but Rebecca totally deserves it.
» freedom of information request from the office of national statistics (Go to post)09-02-2022 @ 14:25 
macroth said:
I for one would be interested in knowing what exactly you disagree with. I have a lot of questions that I've typed up and erased, and they boil down to this: you (we, others) have an opinion; now what?

It doesn't really matter what his disagreements are. Rick will just say "you're wrong" in a condescending manor and that's the end of convo
» Gym/covid situation in UK? (Go to post)15-12-2021 @ 17:54 
Zero restrictions on gyms at the moment. May change in the coming weeks.
» Vaccine mandates (Go to post)30-11-2021 @ 11:13 
Rick said:
Nonetheless, the vaccine is far lower risk than the virus, so why wouldn't you?

Because its not for plenty of people but as you've said we aren't to go down this rabbit hole.
» Vaccine mandates (Go to post)30-11-2021 @ 11:13 
macroth said:I have been wondering about something which isn't clear to me from social media etc.

Those here who oppose the vaccine mandate or have no intention of taking the vaccine also oppose mask/occupancy/coronapass etc. mandates and restrictions of all types, right?

Not at all. I massively oppose vaccine mandates and passports (mostly because I think they're stupid and not based on logic) and my other half is not getting the vaccine but we will both happily wear masks where required, socially distance blah blah.

Some are reasonable, some aren't.
» Vaccine mandates (Go to post)27-11-2021 @ 13:58 
Rick said:
It’s only possible to believe this for adults in the light of the evidence if you think you are unlikely to be exposed to COVID. This may be true for some, but is not true in health care work.

Agree to disagree.
I got the vaccine for life convenience.
Wouldn't have otherwise as I have very little fear of dying from Covid. I'm youngish, healthy, already had antibodies from previously getting it.

You can think its a perfectly fine choice for other people and still feel like its unnecessary for yourself.
» Vaccine mandates (Go to post)26-11-2021 @ 10:44 
Billwest said:I am really uncomfortable with the idea of mandating vaccinations, it all seems a bit draconian. I'd back persuasion over obligation any day. But on the other hand I don't understand the attitude of those who work in the NHS who refuse to get vaccinated. If you believe Covid is 'real' and if you believe that vaccination can provide a high measure of protection against death and serious illness, and if you are working in the health service I can't see how you wouldn't believe both, then why not just get vaccinated?

Can anyone shed any light on this, this really has me baffled?

You can believe that the vaccine works and can help protect people in general against serious illness and death and also think its an unnecessary risk for yourself on a personal level. Don't understand how this is hard for you to comprehend.
» Predictions: WUS Bahrain Strength Island 13 March (Go to post)16-09-2021 @ 11:37 
Luke? He's not competing at WUS.
» Europe’s Strongest (Go to post)05-09-2021 @ 10:37 
unit94 said:Everyone seems half dead don't they, it's not a good look having all these comps where most of the field is struggling to get through the day

So many good opens nowadays I don't understand why they don't mix up the line ups to give people a rest.
» Asko Karu out of Deadlift Champs (Go to post)16-08-2021 @ 11:03 
luki said:Reddit saying Novi helped 'russian' Ivan out of his deadlift suit and this caused Ukrainian nationalist Pavlo to attack him. That's a load of bollox as Ivan is born in UkraineHappy

They both train in the same city with the same coach I believe. I bet it's about a bulls**t slight at the gym or a girl. Too much testosterone.

Novi is also super friendly with Shivlyakov.
» Strongman at the Olympics (Go to post)26-07-2021 @ 22:26 
Samthepigman said:
The Olympic Charter indicates that in order to be accepted, a sport must be widely practiced by men in at least 75 countries and on four continents and by women in no fewer than 40 countries and on three continents

And how many countries compete in the Natty Worlds. Like 3?

12345678910 ... ... 407408409410411412413414415416417

You are here: HomeForumLessThanLuke → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions