Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2020

WSM 2020

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

PeterDeLaMare
I’m shook. I assumed Brian would be near the top on all events this year with all the time and prep he’s had. He may retire as I can’t see him just making up the numbers.
Mikeneto
Post Edited: 15.11.2020 @ 21:28 PM by Mikeneto
luki said:Are they going to lighten the stones as well? Can Novi do a 210 stone? If he finishes in top 4 I think he’s won doing the math. Can someone good at match confirm?) if he finishes 5th Pritchett 1-2 Pritchett wins.

Novi did something like 500lbs x5 at an Arnold's show last year. But over height rather than on a platform.

But he seems way stronger now. The weight isn't a problem for him.
Has a comp ever had this many event changes/alterations?
Post Edited: 15.11.2020 @ 21:33 PM by Samthepigman
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Has a comp ever had this many event changes/alterations?

I'd imagine alot more changes happen than people realise.

Loz was saying on one of his podcasts, that at WSM they did the squat for reps, but because so many people got so few reps, they redid the event with a lower weight straight after just so it looked better for TV
Wayne_Cowdrey said:Has a comp ever had this many event changes/alterations?

Yes, grimsby’s strongest inters u105kg 2008.
Mikeneto
PeterDeLaMare said:I’m shook. I assumed Brian would be near the top on all events this year with all the time and prep he’s had. He may retire as I can’t see him just making up the numbers.

I think he will look at Arnold events and think he can have a good showing there.

Plus he needs content for youtube
Samthepigman said:
I'd imagine alot more changes happen than people realise.
Loz was saying on one of his podcasts, that at WSM they did the squat for reps, but because so many people got so few reps, they redid the event with a lower weight straight after just so it looked better for TV

I remember the Sugden updates when this was going on!
JCarter123 said:
Yes, grimsby’s strongest inters u105kg 2008.

Grin
luki
Mikeneto said:Shaw looks massive... definitely close to 200kg.

I would say between 195-200kg.

His 2017 wiki picture is 200kg. He looks like the man who ate 2020 Shaw. Down at least 10kg.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Shaw_(strongman)
Mikeneto
luki said:
His 2017 wiki picture is 200kg. He looks like the man who ate 2020 Shaw. Down at least 10kg.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Shaw_(strongman)

Pretty sure he was trying to be 190kg when he did his cut, he actually said he was heavier than that....then I think he did a mini bulk for this comp also. I think he is 195kg. If not a bit heavier.
Novikov ia amazing at stones but can't see anyone being that close to Tom. I think Tom will be third but possibly second with a bit of luck
luki
Post Edited: 15.11.2020 @ 21:55 PM by luki
Is there a way I can put felix record attempt video up on here? I recorded off Facebook on tv.
PeterDeLaMare
Brian only managed 3 logs. Shocking.
How close did Oberst Felix get?

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2020
Return to top View Desktop Site