WILLSAN said:from here I think it goes:

1. Novikov
2. Caron
3. Shaw
4. TStolt
5. Bish
6. Pritchett
7. Luke

Is 3. Shaw a wind up to be controversial? I was thinking after deadlift his cns must be fried. Messed up his peak for the competition or something. I hope I’m wrong, I’m a fanboy. Where do you see people loosing so he can pick up the points?
If Nivokov wins he is U23 and WSM champion. Must be a first.
Post Edited: 15.11.2020 @ 12:55 PM by WILLSAN
CAJ said:
I mean he's in the WSM final first time round ffs!

this!

I think he has been a victim of the hype and the fact that there are other brits performing so well this year.

making the final first time and at his age is a pretty special achievement.

and im betting he will have a much better day 2.
luki said:
Is 3. Shaw a wind up to be controversial? I was thinking after deadlift his cns must be fried. Messed up his peak for the competition or something. I hope I’m wrong, I’m a fanboy. Where do you see people loosing so he can pick up the points?
If Nivokov wins he is U23 and WSM champion. Must be a first.

no not at all. I ran the numbers and thats what it came out with. I think he will score well on the log in this field and will always pick up decent points on the stones.
CAJ said:
Its a ROM he's never trained before up until a few weeks out, from what I understand it felt very difficult in comparison to a conventional deadlift height, but then it probably would after you've spent years training to be consistently exceptional at the standard deadlift.
Had this have been from a normal height it would have been a very different story for all. Just a case of the selected events not necessarily favouring his lack of experience but he will get there. I mean he's in the WSM final first time round ffs!

He's done incredibly well! Such a raw talent. He's entitled to be 'inexperienced' at this stage Happy

Yes, 18" can be harder for some because speed from the floor is eliminated, especially if (as in this case) standard dead lift is what they're accustomed to.

Good luck to him in the remaining events.
He’s obviously awesome. From drug tested powerlifting to WSM finalist in 2 years ish? How old is he, About 23?
Sounds like Novikov is awesome!
Gutted. Lol
I literally can only remember his deadlift from last year, and the stone off. Which, obviously I thoroughly enjoyed at the time! :-)
Shaw is still in the mix but he lost the champion mindset.
His best tools like deadlift and moving with heavy stuff are gone. Pressing is his strongest event now. Its time to move away.
reddit:

myownninja
20 points
·
16 minutes ago
The Hercules Hold is being set up now
Mikeneto
If Shaw comes top 5 that is still good. Plus he is slow now, but he is probably more suited for the Arnolds.

Top 5 at WSM and top 3 at Arnolds makes the competitions better.

Like today i am genuinely interested how he does against Felix in Hercules Hold, both always come up in conversation about having the strongest grip. Him retiring we don't see that.
Post Edited: 15.11.2020 @ 14:10 PM by WILLSAN
also reddit:

Novikov:
Hi guys, just so you know they are waiting for the results of my night test. Last night I had a positive test ... then a negative one. So they also had to take the night test they're waiting for now ... and why they're postponing the start. It actually makes me trust testing even more ... what a joke. I just wanted to inform all of you because you deserve to be aware of what's going on. I hope I am allowed to share the field with all of you today and complete this contest.
Mikeneto
Who is that
Mikeneto
Just read Novikov.
sorry edited it in. be fuct if he cant finish the comp. had him winning comfortably from here.
Really hope he can continue.
AdamT
drex50 said:Shaw is still in the mix but he lost the champion mindset.
His best tools like deadlift and moving with heavy stuff are gone. Pressing is his strongest event now. Its time to move away.

I remember watching his road to 700 bench series and seen him struggle lifting 320 for reps on deadlift

He pulled an extremely hard 490 from 18 inch before this comp

Deadlift especially from height was always a major strength

He will never win wsm again

Even at his best he would struggle

The sport has far too many good guys in it

Let's not forget that 3 of the strongest men are not even competing

1 is retired while the other 2 are injured

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWSM 2020
Return to top View Desktop Site