Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsCan't deadlift for toffee

Can't deadlift for toffee

Users viewing topic: & 2 Guests

Thanks for the comments, gents.

I'm seeing the "Team Bath" head physio sometime soon, so I'll see what he says.

These are the PBs I'm hoping for soon:

Deadlift 227.5
Front Squat 130
Clean and military press 105
Wednesday 27th

Tough session tonight. I did some grip work, one handed holds of the end of a loaded olympic bar (on the thick part). My obliques are now killing me. New PB on the military press, but I'm definitely topped out on those now.

Bent over rows were a bit odd - I should have got 110 X 5 easily. Without straps they feellike a very different exercise.

Bent over rows

75 X 5
85 X 5
95 X 5
105 X 5
110 X 3

Military Press

75 X 5
80 X 5
85 X 4
92.5 X 4 PB

Barbell curls

45 X 8
50 X 6
55 X 5
60 X 5

Hanging knee raises
Hanging leg raises
Grip work
strong strict pressing there mate! doing 4 with my pb you bas***d Grin
Joni said:
strong strict pressing there mate! doing 4 with my pb you bas***d Grin

I'm amazed at that. I would have thought you were much, much stronger than I am on overhead stuff.
its never that cut and dry man, my strict press sucks arse, our bench is roughly the same, and i mostly do push pressing and push jerks so maybe those might be a bit higher? But other than that, we all have our sticking points and strengths.

But will watch with interest how you nail that 105 strict press! Thats my this years target Grin
Friday 29-02-08

Front squats were very tough tonight. I couldn't get three out of 125 as I'd aimed. Bench press was mixed - second set at 140 was painful, but then the set to failure afterwards was as smooth as silk. I'm pleased with 140 x 6 or 7.

Front squats

70 X 5
90 X 5
100 X 5
110 X 5
120 X 3
125 X 2

Face pulls

"16" X 8,8,7

Grip work

Standing wrist curls
Static holds on regular bar

Bench Press

125 X 5
125 X 5
140 X 3
140 X 3
140 X 6 + 1 with light assistance from spotter.
Great benching!
Awesome benching, must be good for 160+.
Rusev
just come across your journal mate watched the 170-180 squat good depth and technique train at a leisure centre type gym ? not a spit and sawdust type then ? if you are the only squater thats their loss mate, front squats cleans, deads rows curls all nice solid exercises
Thanks for the comments - the encouragement is appreciated.

Rusev - it's a commercial gym and about as far from a spit-and-sawdust gym as you could get. Having said that, they're friendly there and pretty tolerant of me. They have some surprisingly solid equipment, too.
Rusev said:
just come across your journal mate watched the 170-180 squat good depth and technique

That was 187.5 in the vid Grin Grin
Rusev
187 even better hard to tell the weight just going from your last post as the weight desciption.

When i was in college near nottingham the only gym in the area looked simular to yours on the vid small 2nd storey building above a supermarket. i would go in and just do squats and hang lifts/rows too dangerous to do deads frightened of ending up in the freezer dept on the ground floor LOL
Monday 3-3-08

bo***cks, I'm soooo crap at deadlifts. I was going to go for 500lbs tonight, but 215 felt like it was (a) heavy and (b) slipping.

I was aware that my lat attachment was pulling a bit, but I carried on, determined at least to do well on stiff legged deads. Got to the first rep on 165 and I heard my lat attachment go CCRRRICCCK! Immediate pain, uncomfortable though not disabling. I think that's going to f**k up cleans,rows, and overhead press on Wednesday.

On the plus side, it didn't impact on my bench press. Pleasing performance tonight. On the last set I pause-benched 150 competiton style (a PB), then carried on for three more reps, no assistance.

Deadlifts

warm-ups
180 X 1
190 X 1
200 X 1
210 X 1
215 X 1

Stiff-lefgged deadlifts

155 X 5
160 X 5
165 X 1 [then CCCRRRRIIIICk]

Bench Press

warm-ups
120 X 4
130 X 3
140 X 2
145 X 2
150 X 4 (paused on first one) PB
great benching mate ,unlucky on the injury!
Rusev
hope the injuries not too serious mate, good thing about training is doing so many other exercises. i have got a little set back at moment came back into soon and injury im now having a total week off to reasses my situation granted my injury seems trivial but dont be a hero get some treatment and take a break if you feel it would be better

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsCan't deadlift for toffee
Return to top View Desktop Site