REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 163 guests
You are here: HomeForumLessThanLuke → View All Posts

View All Posts: LessThanLuke

12345678910 ... ... 407408409410411412413414415416417

» coronavirus (Go to post)24-01-2021 @ 15:46 
So how long are we guessing the lockdown is going to go on for?
I'm very close to just opening up the gym full time again and f**k the consequences. If I'm gonna lose my business anyway why does it matter.
» US Presidency (Go to post)22-01-2021 @ 12:55 
Who are the liberals you're referring to exactly?
» US Presidency (Go to post)13-01-2021 @ 04:00 
WILLSAN said:
maybe your interpretation of my posts say as much about you.

If everyone has the same interpretation of your posts then maybe it's not everyone else who's the problem?

Just food for thought.
» US Presidency (Go to post)09-01-2021 @ 13:50 
Post Edited: 09.01.2021 @ 13:51 PM by LessThanLuke
WILLSAN said:
the mainstream media favours the establishment. my case is that the left right divide is just an illusion set up to divide the people into two factions so that they are easier to control - set the people against each other so that they dont question the powers that be.
the opposition to the establishment are populists from both left and right. so trump and bernie sanders across the pond and corbyn and farage over here. kier starmers labour party is acceptable to the establishment and the media. corbyns labour party, nah.

This makes far more sense.
I keep seeing people on my social media saying it's bias towards the left and felt like I was taking crazy pills.
» US Presidency (Go to post)09-01-2021 @ 11:38 
One thing I'm curious about and I hope someone can help me here.
This apparent MSM bias. Who's it in favour exactly? Not Trump according to you but its certainly not the left wing, in the UK at least.
The UKs only real left wing PM candidate in years Corbyn got slated left right and centre by all forms of the media for both real and made up reasons. Just curious why you think this was?
» US Presidency (Go to post)08-01-2021 @ 22:38 
luki said:
You've completely missed the point. The precident of a corporation muting elected officials they don't like, at the highest level, is firmly set. Who cares if it's Trump today. We are in big trouble when politicians have to follow the corporate line or risk being deleted from the internet.

Politicians should have to follow the rules like everyone else. If Trump wasn't President he'd have been banned off all his social media a lonngggg time ago.
» US Presidency (Go to post)08-01-2021 @ 22:02 
Rick said:Sparrow, UBI is "universal basic income". We (generally) accept as a basic principle of civilization that we do not allow even the feckless and lazy, let alone the simply unlucky, to starve, etc, and benefits systems are designed to ensure this. But they're massively inefficient, and subject to fraud, because they have to test for means, in highly bureaucratic ways. This costs a huge amount of money, and leads to many people not getting what they should and some getting more than they should. It disincentivises working, as your benefits tend to be cut when you get work. And these problems will only get worse, as technology automates more and more work out of existence. We not only don't need everybody to work, we simply don't have meaningful work for everybody to do.

With a UBI, _everybody_ gets a basic income from the state. All you have to prove, basically, is that you're alive. Set it at enough to survive on and people have security. You can take chances trying to launch something great; you can retrain to do something else. It makes people now mobile, and gives them the chance to be entrepreneurial.

Of course, if we're going to give out, say, 1200 a month to every adult*, we need to raise taxes by on average 1200 per head. Except we don't. It's less, because we stop having to pay lots of other benefits and the huge costs of administering them. But middle earners should expect to see their net incomes stay as they are, and high earners not to suffer too appreciably.

It would have been incredibly useful during the pandemic, not least because those people who couldn't afford to isolate when asked could have. But I think it's the way forward, as you can probably tell.

* I pick this because it's the amount in the small German trial going on right now. There's also a Finnish trial, I didn't know what that's set at.

With automation increasing every day UBI is the only way forward imo.
» US Presidency (Go to post)08-01-2021 @ 19:07 
One thing I do find very odd about American politics is how strongly people seem to identify as members of a political party.

Any thoughts to the reasons behind this?
» US Presidency (Go to post)08-01-2021 @ 19:03 
Post Edited: 08.01.2021 @ 19:04 PM by LessThanLuke
DH_Lifter said:
I asked for a single example of institutionalized racism in America today.
I received the product of democratic lawmakers.
I pointed this out and gave examples of how democrats historically treated Black Americans- I'm not sure where I lost you.

Doesn't examples of Democrats treating black Americans badly back up Jonathan's point about racism in America?

You know Democrats and Republicans are all Americans right? Hah
» US Presidency (Go to post)08-01-2021 @ 18:52 
Post Edited: 08.01.2021 @ 18:53 PM by LessThanLuke
DH_Lifter said:
That’s rich! You can thank Biden’s own Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 for that.
Here’s a free American history lesson- the democrat party started and defended the KKK, enacted the Jim Crow laws, enforced segregation and suppressed Black Americans for decades.
Also Supreme Court Judge Clarence Thomas was confirmed in 1991.
The Senate Judiciary Committee- led by Sen. Joe Biden- conducted a ‘high-tech lynching’ of Thomas- his words.
Do yourself a favor and go read Thomas’ closing statement.

Jonathan never said the racism was a republican dominated field or that the Democrats were innocent. Your response is quite nonsensical.
» US Presidency (Go to post)07-01-2021 @ 18:35 
EDCLARKE said:lol roughly 75 millions Americans voted for trump surely you're not suggesting they are all morons or scum that would seem like a terrible generalisation.

If the shoe fits.
» An old, fat fool starts a log. Hope no-one minds (Go to post)05-01-2021 @ 23:04 
Post Edited: 05.01.2021 @ 23:08 PM by LessThanLuke
If anyone wants to borrow a gripper I have many

https://i.postimg.cc/V6NY0Lc8/Screenshot-20210105-230211.jpg
» Strongman on TV- Christmas (Go to post)31-12-2020 @ 23:05 
fong said:What was the purpose of Terry/Brian agreeing to only 6 on the deadlift in the heats? Would it have affected much? Just curious, currently on catchup! I think this is a great watch so far.

Just so they both didn't have to go balls out
» coronavirus (Go to post)29-12-2020 @ 16:13 
EDCLARKE said:Has this virus made anybody consider taking any measures to lead a healthier lifestyle?
given that coronavirus seems to hit Bigger people harder and power lifting and strongman encourage you to gain weight , anyone considered loosing a bit of timber for the sake of health ?
Its certainly focussed my mind in terms of leading a healthier lifestlye but that might be just because i'm getting old !

Nah. I've actually bulked during the pandemic.
» Thank covid for that. (Go to post)23-12-2020 @ 19:20 
Post Edited: 23.12.2020 @ 19:20 PM by LessThanLuke
Manged to expand the gym, got another dog, increased my deadlift.

12345678910 ... ... 407408409410411412413414415416417

You are here: HomeForumLessThanLuke → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions