REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 0 members and 150 guests
You are here: HomeForumCAJ → View All Posts

View All Posts: CAJ

12345678910 ... 11 ... 5455565758596061626364

» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)05-09-2017 @ 00:11 
Thankyou chaps Happy

Have missed a couple of workouts off but they were only part of a hypertrophy block, the real work started today...

Squat

All sets of 5 - 215 / 222.5 / 230 / 230 / 230

Bench

All sets of 5 - 140 / 145 / 150 / 150 / 150

Strict Press

Sets of 9 with 65 / 70 / 75

f**king LONG ass session due to been so busy and f**king so warm! Drank 2 litres but still left a full kilo lighter than when I arrived.
» Squat advice (Go to post)04-09-2017 @ 12:39 
If you can find a suitable rack then (easier said than done) then try squatting with hands outside the rack.

I suffer the same with poor mobility and having recently adopted a wider grip has helped massively as my elbows are no longer f**ked when I come to bench.

Like this...

» Back Cramp (Go to post)30-08-2017 @ 19:29 
AMH_Power said:
This is interesting as I do have a bit of APT and lordosis as a product of it.
I'm going to throw all I can at it, core work, stretching and taurine...

It's extremely common for powerlifters to present with APT and lumbar lordosis.

In my limited experience, a weak core is not the problem (although strengthening further will be of benefit).

I find most lifters I have worked with suffer from chronic tightness in the hip flexors owing to lots of squatting, sitting down at work with the hips in a flexed, shortened position and very little stretching in between. I myself am terrible for this but fortunate enough that it doesn't cause me any issues other than taking a while to comfortably hit depth on a squat day.

Psoas Major is a f**ker for low back pain/cramping, as it originates from L1-4 towards the bottom of the spine so when that tightens up it can really pull on your low back. There's loads of videos with stretches for Psoas/hip flexor group out there, I'd recommend using a few consistently that you feel are effective.

If you have a training partner then having them assist in some 'PNF' stretching is often so much more effective also.

Ultimately just really go to town on hip flexor stretching/mobility and work it back to back with some core work so your core can take up the slack.
» Depression/OCD (Go to post)29-08-2017 @ 22:44 
OK so just wanted to offer an update as to how this has been going..

So I've been using 5HTP for over 2 weeks now and also stacked this along the way with Niacin and D3. My physical anxiety has reduced massively and I've only had 2 episodes in the last week, both of which I was able to manage calming myself within minutes rather than having to resort to medication.

On the downside what completely sucks now is my mood. I have been having huge mood swings between feeling somewhat normal to feeling really low and perhaps most worryingly extremely angry in public and having violent thoughts. Now I'm not the most tolerant person normally but I keep a lid on my thoughts and I'm fairly placid when I need to be, so finding myself in situations where I feel the need to get out fast before I f**king hit someone is a bit scary.

Having thought long and hard, done my research and reached out to others I decided to ask the Dr to try me on a low dose of Sertraline in a bid to help restore whatever imbalance I have. I will have to stop the 5htp as they shouldn't be taken together. I plan on continuing the other stuff however.

I took my first one today, knowing that insomnia was a potential side effect I took it this morning, which was a mistake as by lunchtime it had completely f**king spanked me. I got a mild headache and nausea for about an hour and then the drowsiness hit me like a f**king train and I've spent most of the afternoon in bed. I'll definitely be leaving this one for bedtime!

I know this stuff takes weeks to work optimally but I must say even after a single dose I feel somewhat different already. Perhaps this is because the 5HTP has been working on a similar mechanism already therefore giving it a jump start? i don't know. What I do know is that things that have bee 'bothering' me for weeks suddenly don't seem important and I couldn't care nearly as much right now.. interesting

Anyway, it's still only a temporary measure, hopefully it will even me out enough to be able to work productively on all the compounded factors which have brought this about in the first place and then after a few 'good' months hopefully I can taper off and perhaps reintroduce the 5htp.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences/thoughts so far guys.
» Back Cramp (Go to post)29-08-2017 @ 19:02 
AMH_Power said:
Thanks mate, will give it a shot. I'm guessing its WADA safe in any dose?

Not on their list, it's only a synthetic amino acid after all and found in higher than standard doses in energy drinks etc.
» Back Cramp (Go to post)29-08-2017 @ 18:19 
Oh I know that feeling, had it most recently doing pause deadlifts and banded hyper extensions back to back, ended up laid out on the gym floor for a good 20 minutes waiting for it to subside.

Whilst 'bro science', I do actually find Taurine in a high dose 1-2g beneficial to mitigating cramp. Unfortunately you have to take it prior to training and not simply when you get cramp so perhaps it could be beneficial for particularly arduous training blocks.
» Luke Richardson 343kg Squat... (Go to post)29-08-2017 @ 13:19 
That's my boy!

Can't believe he cropped me out the video, c**t.

That was f**king lit last night.
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)28-08-2017 @ 22:22 
Squat
Warmup sets then 215x5 / 220x5 / 230x5

followed by 3 sets of 185x5 with 3 second negative and 2 second pause just above parallel .

No rows today as my forearm is shafted.

Walking lunges

3 sets of 12 (24 lunges) with 40kg bar, mad mad burn tonight with these
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)27-08-2017 @ 17:13 
Close Grip Bench

127.5 / 135 / 137.5 for sets of 5

3 sets of 5 x 100kg 3 second eccentric with pause and 2 second pause in weak spot

100 x 11 then had to call it a day. Anxiety and mood is terrible, no enthusiasm or energy, really taken a big step back the last few days Unhappy
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)26-08-2017 @ 10:34 
matthewvc said:Your pull looks good for 340+ the speed they're flying up

Thanks mate, aiming for 330 in comp but have 11 weeks of well structured training yet so plenty of time for improvement.
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)25-08-2017 @ 21:08 
Deadlift Day:

Comp Deadlift

Working sets of 245 / 255 / 260 for 5's

Pause/Tempo Deadlift

192 x 5 for 3 sets, roughly 3 seconds up and 3 seconds down with a pause below the knee

Safety Bar Front Squat

145 / 155 / 165 / + back off set at 130 for sets of 9

Some pulldown work to finish up
» BencH two days in a row? (Go to post)24-08-2017 @ 11:32 
matthewvc said:
if you have 4 training days why does bench need to be consecutive?

Same.

Currently doing:

Squat Monday, Bench Wednesday, Deadlift Friday, Bench Saturday.

Working for me so far!
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)24-08-2017 @ 07:39 
Bench Day
Comp bench 140x5 / 145x5 / 150x5

3 sets of 5 x 107.5kg 3 second eccentric with pause and 2 second pause in weak spot

Close grip (30 second rest) 100x11/4/4/4 then 100x11/4/4

Wide grip (30 second rest) 100x11/4/4/4 then 100x11/4/4/4
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)21-08-2017 @ 22:46 
Squat
Warmup sets then 210x5 / 215x5 / 225x5

followed by 3 sets of 165x5 with 3 second negative and 2 second pause just above parallel .

T-Bar Row

11/4 Cardio death sets

Walking lunges

3 sets of 12 (24 lunges) with 20kg bar, maintained just bar weight, definitely felt easier than last week but right knee a little niggly
» Insulina Power!! (Go to post)21-08-2017 @ 11:04 
I have entered a comp today, BPU Northern qualifier for their 2018 British.

The timing was just too good not to, gives me exactly 12 weeks from today and I have the week of the comp already off work.

Gives me something to work towards and take my mind off other things

12345678910 ... 11 ... 5455565758596061626364

You are here: HomeForumCAJ → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions