REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
Who's Online - 1 member and 233 guests
You are here: HomeForumBrett_H → View All Posts

View All Posts: Brett_H

» Has anyone ever benched on a really soft bench (Go to post)09-01-2018 @ 13:27 
If you're near wigan, Strength and fitness lab in ince has some decent kit, £25 a month no contract (or £4 a sesh or £10 a week) might be worth a try, bog standard bench though.
» Has anyone ever benched on a really soft bench (Go to post)09-01-2018 @ 10:56 
I was actually 10kg stronger on that bench at one point, could dig my shoulders in further
» are blanket 70mph motorway speed limits too slow? (Go to post)05-01-2018 @ 10:12 
^ there's few things more dangerous than moving too slow on a free flowing motorway in my opinion, I was in the car with the mother-in-law recently, she entered the strangely free flowing M6 at 30mph, and refused to go above 50 and was usually going between 40-45, the amount of HGV and high MPG drivers that had to swerve out of the way suddenly to avoid collision is almost enough to give a guy PTSD.
» Lumps and bumps (Go to post)23-11-2017 @ 14:31 
I've got a few, a baked bean sized one on the back of my head which is rock hard, and a butterbean size done on my calf.

When I was younger I tried to cut one out of my quad with some toenail clippers which didn't work, they removed it at the hozzy for me after that.
» random disclosure thread (Go to post)23-11-2017 @ 10:26 
Accidentally ripped the door handle off the front door of the work Porta-cabin toilets today, although I suspect that somebody else had already broke it and placed it back to avoid confrontation. Took the handle into the workshop, a fitter kindly opened the door for me and fixed it whilst i sat trying to make as little "number 2" noise as possible.
» GPC lifting log (Go to post)15-11-2017 @ 11:13 
Great job! I may have missed it, but what weight did you bench to break the British record?
» The new plastic £10 note (Go to post)18-09-2017 @ 09:23 
I got 3 on Saturday from a cash point, well, my girlfriend got 3 from a cash point and i commandeered them. I begrudgingly spent 2 of them when I had to chuck in for a take-away Unhappy
» So... What animals have you run over while driving? (Go to post)07-03-2017 @ 10:25 
One time i was driving a work colleague's van home from a big job, It was friday. We had set off early doors to get to south wales for 7 am, he drove there, I drove back while he slept in the passenger seat. I was driving down a dual carriage way making good progress. All of a sudden i saw something run into the road, I hit at full speed causing an explosion of feathers. My colleague woke up with a "what the f**k was that!" to which i replied "nothing".

Anyway, got back to his, i got in my van and drove home. On the monday we was at the head office and he asked me "do you remember when you hit summert on friday?" then pointed at the grill on his van. all's you could see was a massive hole in his grill, with 2 bird legs sticking out. apparently i'd hit a pheasant and it had been lodged in the grill of his van all weekend!
» Lots of big log presses on social media (Go to post)09-02-2017 @ 21:07 
If the log is 100kg, then it would be a 230kg lift, i'm going to assume it's a 80kglog and 210kg lift
» General Training Log (Go to post)04-05-2016 @ 10:09 
Good logging mate!
» Sleep paralysis (Go to post)04-04-2016 @ 11:54 
I've researched it a bit,

As it varies with different people, some people just get paralyzed for a bit then wake up, Others hallucinate (like me).

The part of the brain that keeps your body still at night is still active when you are awake, causing the paralysis.

The part of the brain that induces dreams is still active, however, because you can see objects in your room, your brain automatically assumes the worst possible scenario as it senses you are in danger, because your body is paralyzed.

so say if there are clothes hung up on your wardrobe, you brain will assume it to be some sort of demon like fantasy creature / Intruder / animal.

If you keep eye contact with whatever it is, after a moment it will turn back into clothes / furniture, as you regain movement.

You kind of get used to the nightmarish creatures as you are aware that you are having sleep paralysis. The worst one i had is where i though an intruder was pointing a gun at me and i couldn't move. I thought that s**t was real!
» Sleep paralysis (Go to post)04-04-2016 @ 09:56 
I get this regularly,

The first time i remember having it was after a very heavy night out, spent the day hungover with the worst hangover imaginable, I went to bed, and was in the semi conscious sleep state,

I remember hearing the growling of a dog, so i opened my eyes and i saw a rabid bulldog stood over me barking and foaming at the mouth, My instinct was to push the dog off the bed, but i couldn't,I was completely paralyzed.

Tried to wake my girlfriend up by shouting, nothing was coming out apart from a weird croak. Closed my eyes as i though my face was about to get eaten, opened my eyes again at it was gone, at this point my girlfriend grabbed my arm and said "What you breathing so weird for?" this shocked me into full consciousness.

A number of things cause it,

Dehydration, caffeine, depression, sleep deprivation, exhaustion, stress, ( the usual suspects )
» New Year, New Journal for Powerlifting & Strongman Training (Go to post)31-03-2016 @ 13:11 
Hows the arm looking mate? have you had it looked at?
» The overhead starting point. (Go to post)29-03-2016 @ 11:36 
I have strong triceps from bench press, started doing overhead stuff and the numbers are climbing at a decent pace, I'm a natural guy
» GPC lifting log (Go to post)16-03-2016 @ 22:48 
matthewvc said:Local gym

Bench - paused

Dumbbells warmup - 10kg,15kg

50 x 8
70 x 5
100 x 3
110 x 3
120 x 3
130 x 3
140 x 3
150 x 3

Close grip feet up paused
110 x 6
120 x 6

Short session as got to get up at 6am to travel to litchfields, Tewkesbury and collect
my GTR which has been treated to a stage 5 upgrade to around the ~750bhp/650lbft mark... Drive back should be fun

You ever been to catts in your GTR? You'd have to wipe off the drool before you leave

You are here: HomeForumBrett_H → View All Posts
© Sugden Barbell 2024 - Mobile Version - Privacy - Terms & Conditions