Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumkeyser_soze → View All Posts

View All Posts: keyser_soze

» Central Scotland Strongman comp, Nov. 24th, Livingston (Go to post)07-10-2012 @ 19:54 
Beard said:
Do we get a tshirt? Coffee? Cake?

T-shirt, coffee and rum
» Central Scotland Strongman comp, Nov. 24th, Livingston (Go to post)02-10-2012 @ 15:14 
Post Edited: 02.10.2012 @ 15:32 PM by keyser_soze
Updated competitors list

Stephen
Louis
Maca
Steve32
Ben Thomson
Julius
PDH
Benvie
Royalmarine29 Kenny
Shortandmighty
Phil Robertson
Stuart Yule
Lee Butler
Jeremy vickers
John hutton
Mainy
HVAC_ben
Shaun Hunter
» Central Scotland Strongman comp, Nov. 24th, Livingston (Go to post)20-09-2012 @ 21:59 
Updated competitors list

Stephen
Louis
Maca
Steve32
Ben Thomson
Julius
PDH
Benvie
Royalmarine29 Kenny
Shortandmighty
Phil Robertson
Stuart Yule
Lee Butler
Jeremy vickers
John hutton
» Central Scotland Strongman comp, Nov. 24th, Livingston (Go to post)01-09-2012 @ 21:07 
no worries Stuart, both down
» Central Scotland Strongman competition, interest? (Go to post)01-09-2012 @ 20:45 
shortandmighty said:I'm thinking I might have a crack at this if you don't mind having a lightweight in the mix. It'll give me something to aim for over the winter. Will the deadlift be normal height?
Oh and if I turn up for the arm over arm with a massive perm and a shell suit do I get double points.

of course, I started another thread for names. just put you down.
and yes to the extra points for perm and shell suit.
» Central Scotland Strongman comp, Nov. 24th, Livingston (Go to post)01-09-2012 @ 20:19 
Benvie said:Can you put my name down please Damien, events all look good.

Also to confirm Ben Thomson is also wanting to compete, was training with him earlier on and he is still keen.

EDIT - also am I reading it right that the stones are to 60"? If so that is about as tall as me.

will stick your name down Neil.
stones were meant to be 55", not 60". really should proof read
» Central Scotland Strongman comp, Nov. 24th, Livingston (Go to post)01-09-2012 @ 19:38 
Post Edited: 06.10.2012 @ 08:26 AM by keyser_soze
thought it would be easier to start a new thread for names and with confirmed events. indoor event, changing rooms and toilets, bring your own food and drink as there's no shops close. loads of parking. Buzz from strengthshop will be ref. the other guys from strengthshop will be loaders although they don't know that yet.

Houston Industrial Estate, Livingston, EH54 5PQ
November 24th, start at 11

10 quid on the day to cover t-shirts and stuff. no real limit to the number of entrants. t-shirts for everyone. no split times on anything, this is just for a laugh and something to break up the wait for summer competitions.

given up on the idea of the making it an intermediate comp as I had no idea how to police it. comp will obvioulsy be too light for some people though.

Events:
1. Log for reps, head to head. 105kg, 75seconds
2. Max reps deadlift, 60seconds. 314kg from 19.5". straps, no suits
3. 12m 320kg yoke in to 120kg powerstairs. 4 steps, 500mm approx
4. arm over arm for height. 100kg approx, won't have exact weight until I set it up and test it the day before.
5. Overhead medley, any order, 90sec limit. 40kg kettlebell, 53kg circus dumbbell, 65kg MONSTER dumbbell, 80kg steel block and a 5th mystery event (by mystery I mean I'll find something interesting the day before, either a sandbag or a 7m long axle)
6. atlas stones to 55"
100kg 3m carry in
120kg 2m carry in
140kg 1m carry in
150kg no carry in

People who have expressed interest so far
Stephen
Louis
Maca
Steve32
Ben Thomson
Julius
PDH
Benvie
Royalmarine29 Kenny
Shortandmighty
Phil Robertson
Stuart Yule
Lee Butler
» Central Scotland Strongman competition, interest? (Go to post)31-08-2012 @ 22:25 
pdh said:I stay in livingston and would be interested in doing this comp.Do you train locally?

No worries mate. I'll finally get round to posting up an entry list on here over the weekend, just remind me and I'll stick your name down

I do my ordinary training at home in the garage and event training with the idiots at Strength Shop
» Central Scotland Strongman competition, interest? (Go to post)23-08-2012 @ 16:09 
Might do that so cause it's a very easy thing to reset each time. Just mark out the start areas and roll it back each time
» Central Scotland Strongman competition, interest? (Go to post)23-08-2012 @ 16:09 
Might do that so cause it's a very easy thing to reset each time. Just mark out the start areas and roll it back each time
» Central Scotland Strongman competition, interest? (Go to post)23-08-2012 @ 16:01 
in all honesty I'd gone off the idea of doing stones for height anyway. it's would be a bit of a pain to actually do it and it could end up going on for ages

with stone evens how common is it to have a carry in with some of the lighter stones? I've seen WSM and Giants live events where the smallest stone is carried a few meters and every subsequent stone after that is carried a bit less of a distance until the last and heaviest stone is right in from of the platform.
» Central Scotland Strongman competition, interest? (Go to post)21-08-2012 @ 18:27 
My thinking for having it in the winter was really just because there's usually nothing on then, give people a bit of a break from their winter routines. It'll be a fairly relaxed comp and there's no title on the line so hopefully people will turn up to have a laugh. Plus the strongman christmas tv schedule will be on peoples minds then so they might be itchy for some events!

With regards the inters bit. I gave plenty of thought to timing and events but not to that. I don't really have an rigid ideas in my head for who should and who shouldn't compete. I was mostly just thinking it would be good for the guys who do ok in the open comps but don't manage to make the top three to have a comp they're in with a good shot of winning. Hopefully it will be a bit self regulating as it's obviously too light for a good few guys.
Would it be easier just call it a light open comp?
» Central Scotland Strongman competition, interest? (Go to post)20-08-2012 @ 22:08 
Hey Neil, will hopefully put up a post confirming times, dates and exact events this weekend. People can put their names down then but it makes no odds to be honest. Should be able to accomidate plenty of people.
Just a few small things to confirm at work
» Fraserburgh gala - strongestman open competition sat 18th august (Go to post)18-08-2012 @ 18:14 
Cracking day today.
Big thanks to Stuart for reffing and all the others helping out
Top work to Wullie for organising the comp, making sandwiches and arranging the amazing weather.
Great win by Stuart today and great to meet everyone.
Beer and pizza now and hopefully not too many nightmares about the truck pull
» Central Scotland Strongman competition, interest? (Go to post)19-07-2012 @ 19:51 
no problem with anyone coming and training. the only stuff available will be the axle wheels and the dumbell though. the rope pull and power stairs won't be available to try out until the day before as I will only be making them the day before!

You are here: HomeForumkeyser_soze → View All Posts
Return to top View Desktop Site