Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitinjuries and losses!!!!!!!!

injuries and losses!!!!!!!!

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

now then lads - its s**t times we have all had to face at one time or another, but please can you list down your injuries, and tell me roughly what percentage of your strength you lost and most importantly how quickly you got it back?? any other observations is also greatly appreciated. thanks
Broke my fore arm nearly a year ago and am now stronger than I've ever been! Just took a few months to get back going, as the old saying goes time heals!
Quad tear Jan 2011. Partial tear. Did not require surgery.

Best squat pre quad tear: 280kg belt only.

I rehabbed it doing high box squats for very high reps.

Best squat since quad tear: 250kg belt only. I have actually PBd my front squat since my tear, which suggests it's now a mental block on back squats.
FAT_SAM said:Quad tear Jan 2011. Partial tear. Did not require surgery.

Best squat pre quad tear: 280kg belt only.

I rehabbed it doing high box squats for very high reps.

Best squat since quad tear: 250kg belt only. I have actually PBd my front squat since my tear, which suggests it's now a mental block on back squats.

yeah thats what my problem is gonna be i think!! exceeding what i have previously done. Im rather hoping my seive like memory will actually help me forget whats happened and hten I will get passed it and wonder what all the fuss was about!!
drew2
Tore my right pec years (partial tear) ago took a year to get better, doesn't affect training anymore.
Bicep tendonitis, took 6 months to clear it with pec stretching and rotator cuff exercises.
Torn the meniscus in my right knee.Took years to get a diagnosis. Had physio which took 2 months,helped a lot but still can't squat to parallel without painAngry
Hamstring tendon rupture Jan 2011. Did not require surgery.

At the start, I couldn't really walk around without assistance. Stuck doing nothing (couldn't go to work) for a week and then back to upper body lifting a week later. Did rehab for the hips and hamstring three times a week, first under supervision for two weeks and then on my own. Got back to heavy lifting in April and did a contest at the end of May.

Best box squat pre injury: 229kg belt only.
Best deadlift pre injury: 274.5kgs belt only.

Best box squat post injury: 233.5kgs belt only
Best deadlift post injury: 283.5kgs belt & straps

Oblique tear & disc misalignment June 2011. Did not require surgery.

Didn't realize how bad this injury was until mid July. Most likely caused due to imbalance from hamstring rupture. Abs were weak, they would cramp up just going for a walk. Came back too fast and had to go back two weeks. Started chiro sessions three times a week. Back to heavy lifting in August. Still having chiro sessions twice a week.

Best box squat pre injury: 233.5kgs belt only
Best deadlift pre injury: 283.5kgs belt & straps

Best box squat post injury: 258.5kgs belt only
Best deadlift post injury: 288kgs belt & straps
Dan_Evans
Post Edited: 09.10.2011 @ 19:47 PM by Dan_Evans
Not really injuries, but f**king hurt;

Pinched nerve in my neck. This lead to ridiculous pain in my left arm, and I could hardly open up a door, let alone lift.

Tight piriformis, which lead to sciatica. This dropped my max weight by about 20kg.

Both were issues were resolved quickly, by doing what I should have been doing - stretching properly after sessions.
the only injery iv had is i popped my shoulder out about two years ago and it stil plays up now and agin but back then i wasn't into strength training :0)
Fore arm tear - no loss of strength
Hamstring tears - no loss of strength
Coughing fit resulting in damaged nerves in my lower back - last year 60% loss in strength, now 30% down may be more from my deadlift and squats weakened my core strength, grip strength. Sad days for a few years

Apart from the above things are getting better
Hamstring tear 2007, this was pretty much my worst injury. I didn't know it at the time but it kept me back a good 3 years in most leg/back work. Only really fully recovered and back to full strength this summer.
full pec tendon tear off the bone

well over a year i would say to full strength and beyond. Breaking the first pre injury PB was awesome.

bulls**t, but took the time to lean up and get to the 105s.

strict press is still not what it used to be Grin thats, what, 3 years now? haha!
Hamstring tear in 2009

Like an idiot, I rushed recovery to get lifting again and it did me more harm in the long term.

Took me 2 years to get my deadlift back to where it was Unhappy
Shoulder impingement injury

Circa 27%, but there are/were other factors involved
Shoulder impingement for last year, its no where near where it was before but a lot better than it was at its worst.

Torn bicep in June time, strengths pretty much back but big mental issue with stones, over and under deadlifts and anything involving axle
dislocated patella and partially torn quad tendon. No surgery but was in a cast for a month. Took about 4 or 5 months to get back up to speed. Still got a bit of a mental block squatting...

You are here: HomeForumGeneral Bullshitinjuries and losses!!!!!!!!
Return to top View Desktop Site