Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitMaxing out.

Maxing out.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

BigT
In the gym, how often do you max out? Is it once a week, every other week, once a month, etc?

Just radically overhauling all aspects of my training in prep for next year.
Whenever the ego needs a boost.
BigT
Hehehe! I suppose.
shanejer
Alot of guys train to near max all the time, i tried this and kept getting niggles not exactly injuries but nigges all the time!

I find now that faster powerfull reps of 3/4s 5s are much better don't see the need for maxing now, just when my reps are considerably better and a PB is comfortable instead of a massive grind
BigT
I used to max out most weeks tbh, and now want to get into more rep based work, with the occassional max. Just seeing what people do and then steal their ideas!
ive always maxed out quite regularly on my pressing with good results. generally wouldnt max out on the same exercise week in week out though. id do say jerks one week, push press the next, log press etc.
I used to max out all the time, never really got me anywhere

now I almost always keep 1 or 2 reps in the tank, progress has been far better
at comps mostly, very rarely do I max out in training
at the end of a cycle, so every 7-8 weeks.
i used to max out almost every week, but now i know that the best strength range is 3RM for a training max out, and 5RM for general strength training. Leave 1RM for competitions!
I will be maxing out on sunday and then i wont be maxing out for quite a while !!

oh, except 18" deadlift the week after , but then ...quite a while !!
dankelby
Personally im trying to get my maxes up quick, so im training close to my max nearly everyday.
Yesterday was the first time iv ever got a new pb, then bettered it the same day [on my squat].
tlast2O12dude said:i used to max out almost every week, but now i know that the best strength range is 3RM for a training max out, and 5RM for general strength training. Leave 1RM for competitions!

Didnt you max out for 20 days striaght recently?
I was training near max all the time and regularly attempting PBs. I made progress with this style of training. I'm now experimenting with some reps to see what happens.
aaron_lohan said:
Didnt you max out for 20 days striaght recently?

Yeah but a few days ago i decided to stop doing it :P hahaha

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitMaxing out.
Return to top View Desktop Site