Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWDFPA 'World' Championship results

WDFPA 'World' Championship results

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Steve said:
Last year WDFPF conducted approx 220 tests, wheras IPF conducted around 2,200 test. There were also at least another 800 tests by the USAPL which were not full WADA tests (I don't know if all the WDFPF tests are full IOC/ WADA tests).
I guess you have to draw your own conclusions, but if you are a top IPF lifter you will be tested very regularly - I doubt any BDFPA lifters have been tested anywhere near as much as my wife or other top GBPF lifters.

if you are a top ipf lifter you probably know how to keep one step in front of the testers

Wink
Steve
JC said:
Steve, at regional level, how many test were conducted by GBPF last year?

I honestly don't know sorry.

I guess what's right depends on whether you think it's best spending the money on testing top lifters or those not lifting so much.

You could argue that if lifters aren't lifting at a high level then maybe it doesn't matter so much, but I can equally understand how somebody who was coming 10th in the Divisionals and no where near British level would be pissed of if the person in 9th place was on something.

Unfortunately there is limited money for testing so it will never be perfect. I think the BDFPA does an incredible job testing as many people as it does given it's finances and probably has the balance for their circumstances - the IPF with vastly more lifters than all other Federations put together has a different task on it's hands and probably needs to focus things slightly differently.
Steve said:
I honestly don't know sorry.
I guess what's right depends on whether you think it's best spending the money on testing top lifters or those not lifting so much.
You could argue that if lifters aren't lifting at a high level then maybe it doesn't matter so much, but I can equally understand how somebody who was coming 10th in the Divisionals and no where near British level would be pissed of if the person in 9th place was on something.
Unfortunately there is limited money for testing so it will never be perfect. I think the BDFPA does an incredible job testing as many people as it does given it's finances and probably has the balance for their circumstances - the IPF with vastly more lifters than all other Federations put together has a different task on it's hands and probably needs to focus things slightly differently.

What Im getting at really Steve is if there is no testing at regional level, and the nationals are 2-3 months after the regionals, one could, if they knew what they were doing, cycle so they were "on" during the 'not at all likely to be tested' regionals and then come off 2-3 weeks out from the nationals
Dean1
I would be interested in the bdfpa testing standard as a wada test cost more than £300
Do you just pee in a cup and someone put some clean film over it and post it to the local lab.

Also it may cost £70 including the drug test fees to entre both wdfpa and ipf worlds but the guys in the gbpf do not have to pay as it is covered by the gbpf

just fun last night in the gym I had a go raw
310 squat
250 bench
340 dead
900 total no lift was that hard so I could have won the eq wdfpa raw not sure what this means but I don't think I am anything special
its all about training smart,being consistant working on technique
Dean, the obvious conclusion from what you just wrote is that you need to learn to use a f**king bench shirt properly!!!
Steve
jt said:
if you are a top ipf lifter you probably know how to keep one step in front of the testers
Wink

Why would a top IPF lifter specifically know how to avoid testers anymore than anybody else?
Dean1? There's only one Dean who's number 1!Wink
Steve
JC said:
What Im getting at really Steve is if there is no testing at regional level, and the nationals are 2-3 months after the regionals, one could, if they knew what they were doing, cycle so they were "on" during the 'not at all likely to be tested' regionals and then come off 2-3 weeks out from the nationals

It has always been an arguement that in competitions tests are a waste of money because anybody with a bit of knowledge can avoid them (except for brief periods of time when the tester catch up like when the Russians and Ukranians were caught) - unanounced OCT is the only real way to make an impact - just look at what has happened to the standard of UK weightlifting since it was introduced. I was once at a GB squad where everybody over 82.5kg clean & jerked over 200kg (7 lifters I think) - now nobody can do it!
Dean1 said:I would be interested in the bdfpa testing standard as a wada test cost more than £300
Do you just pee in a cup and someone put some clean film over it and post it to the local lab.

Also it may cost £70 including the drug test fees to entre both wdfpa and ipf worlds but the guys in the gbpf do not have to pay as it is covered by the gbpf

310 squat
250 bench
340 dead
900 total no lift was that hard so I could have won the eq wdfpa raw not sure what this means but I don't think I am anything special

fair play dean!!! that is some very solid lifting!!

would be nice to see a training vid or 2??
Dean1 said:I would be interested in the bdfpa testing standard as a wada test cost more than £300

310 squat
250 bench
340 dead

But Dean you are currently top in IPF, so you being able to outlift most others is kinda taken for granted. You would probably be able to get on the IPF scoreboard if you lifted raw against the equipped lifters. Also do you train mostly in or out of kit.
Steve said:
Why would a top IPF lifter specifically know how to avoid testers anymore than anybody else?

not necessarily avoiding but masking etc etc

just like the top cyclists athletes etc etc will know how to do this (or their coachs will) more so than a club level powerlifter or cyclist

do you believe every ipf lifter who passes a test is clean?

what is the % of failed tests in the 2 feds?
Jabba
Dean, The WDFPF uses King's college London and a lab in Ghent that I don't know the name of. They conduct full IOC/WADA spectrum tests and are WADA approved.
The cost is actually £200 as near as makes no difference. I know I've just sent off a cheque for the competition we ran in September.
Post Edited: 18.11.2009 @ 19:09 PM by Tony
Why not just test the guys who are obviously using?(think its called targeted testing, could be wrong)

Instead of randomly testing, might save a few quid. Would scare off those who blatantly are taking the piss, obviously run a few random tests alongside.
dr_hazbun
Dean1 said:
310 squat
250 bench
340 dead

show-off

Nice one champ!
Tony said:Why not just test the guys who are obviously using?(think its called targeted testing, could be wrong)

Instead of randomly testing, might save a few quid. Would scare off those who blatantly are taking the piss, obviously run a few random tests alongside.

Yes spikes in performance, and during the "off season" is the time to catch people. Anyone who has done their homework would easily be able to avoid a sheduled test.

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsWDFPA 'World' Championship results
Return to top View Desktop Site