Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitLog lift championship - Leeds

Log lift championship - Leeds

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

umpalumpalifter said:
But he does currently hold the American record - so officially he is right

He shares it with Dimitar, and Dimitar hold the dumbell record so he has stronger shoulders. But hes not American. So damnt it Oberst is right GrinGrin.
Mikeneto
drex50 said:
U've been smoking crack this morning.

What do you think Thor will do?

I am thinking 213kg...will be too unstable on 220kg.

How about Z?
Mikeneto said:
What do you think Thor will do?
I am thinking 213kg...will be too unstable on 220kg.
How about Z?

Thor 213 maybe but probably not. His knee bending is very awkward, doubt he will ever get some legit lift over 210.
Z 213 i think, based on training vids. Log is his event and he will chase the record later this year. He will make it, i believe it.
Mikeneto said:
I think Shaw will do a big log press at WSM...a few on here said he hasnt improved, but most of that is based on deadlift which he has had a few hamstring injuries. His upper-body has been injury free so should have improved.

His upper body perhaps should have improved, but there is just nothing to support the idea that it has. Its a couple of years since Brian has had a really good overhead performance, he just isnt close to the top level.
On max at WSM he could potentially drop a lot of points if guys like Hix and Dimitar make the final.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Thor get 220 next week, although given that he is likely to fairly dominate the other events he could choose not to risk it.

I think maybe 5 or 6 guys could put up the 220 if they have a good day (just an insane thing to be typing, its nuts how much things have improved lately).
KevC86 said:
I think maybe 5 or 6 guys could put up the 220 if they have a good day (just an insane thing to be typing, its nuts how much things have improved lately).

Actually things havent really improved. Hicks and Hall were this level in 2015. Radz was regularly hitting 2010 log since 2012.
Ive said it many times, over 220 lift is another level of strength. 220 might be fast but 230 still years ahead.
If this guys with split jerk make big log over his head i still dont consider him as valid lift.
Mikeneto
Post Edited: 02.04.2018 @ 21:50 PM by Mikeneto
I only really see Thor making obvious progression in the last 3 years.

He got 200kg in 2016
195kg x3 in 2017...last event
I reckon 213kg for 2018....first event
JonnyR
Post Edited: 03.04.2018 @ 01:21 AM by JonnyR
Mikeneto said:I only really see Thor making obvious progression in the last 3 years.

He got 200kg in 2016
195kg x3 in 2017...last event
I reckon 213kg for 2018....first event

He got 206 in 2016. Only guy but Edd to do so... and that was not even 10 minutes after a 200 double from the floor.
JonnyR
I said:
He got 206 in 2017. Only guy but Edd to do so... and that was not even 10 minutes after a 200 double from the floor.
https://www.facebook.com/strengthasylum/videos/1729954863751014

ed - 226kg seated military log press. bit more there but i've no idea how this translates into doing it for real
Mikeneto
Post Edited: 06.04.2018 @ 14:41 PM by Mikeneto
Tomorrow

Loz's prediction

Mikeneto
Ed's recent post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhOnDSulecC/
slimsim
Mikeneto said:Ed's recent post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhOnDSulecC/

I wonder how much that is?
hansgreta
slimsim said:
I wonder how much that is?

That's the 216kg video from last week.
slimsim
hansgreta said:
That's the 216kg video from last week.

Cheers!!

What time is this kicking off? Is Smalls going to provide rubbish updates?
segou
I am not Smalls but I will be there to do some substandard updates.

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitLog lift championship - Leeds
Return to top View Desktop Site