You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWho here can do 100kg squat for 30 reps

Who here can do 100kg squat for 30 reps

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

dr_hazbun
chaos said:
Hypochondriac soft c**t dwarf

Grin
AdamT
I imagine the 230kg plus squatters should do this pretty easy or at least would if they trained higher reps.
dannyboy73
I expect the last 10-15 reps would be more like goodmornings if I tried.

I think it would take a few weeks for me to warm up to it tbh.

I have followed a 15x4 programm:

100k x 15 x 4 week 1
120k x 15 x 4 week 2
140k x 15 x 4 week 3.. more like 7 sets I recall
160k x 15 x 4 week 4... more like 12, 8, 5, 3,3,2,1,1, give up if I rember rightly!
Yeah yeah, I know I can hardly squat a big max but I've done 30 on the bounce at a ton several times.
Conditioning for reps is much better for me and my legs looked great 3 months ago.
Not sure about "not stopping even for a second" though. I do a 1.5sec breathe pause. Does that make me a pussy?

Gotta work up to this again!
Post Edited: 09.02.2015 @ 20:58 PM by KevC86
100 * 30 certainly, 100 * 30 without any pause i dont know, my lungs are improving but not sure theyre up to that level.

My quads clock a little over 30", but lack any sort of detailing.
Pikefingers
BigMacca said:I did 155kg for 28 reps in 60 seconds last year as part of a charity competition - I ran out of time rather than reps though so would have done 30 without any problems Happy

That is pretty f**king incredible!
Pikefingers
I did a beltless115x20 once. It probably took me about 10 mins though Tongue
Post Edited: 09.02.2015 @ 22:39 PM by BigMacca
Pikefingers said:
That is pretty f**king incredible!

It was a pretty f**king grim day I can tell you Happy

I've just dug the video out and it was actually 130kg - sorry about that
IainT
Think it's bang on my high rep PR at 80kg, but not without some serious breathing style pauses, no re-racks.

80kg@80kg bw - 42reps
100kg@80kg bw - 30reps

Think both took a similar amount of time, which felt like several hours.

Done low bar, and I've since switched to high bar and don't beat myself up with squats like that any more.
Ive done 100kgx22 about 5 or 6 years ago, but I did stop at the top each rep!
Post Edited: 10.02.2015 @ 17:46 PM by JamieG
Funny you should start this. I randomly decided to do 100x20 last time i was in the gym.

Had to do slight pause after 12 maybe though... No way 30 Unhappy
Post Edited: 10.02.2015 @ 17:49 PM by Funky_monkey
JamieG said:Funny you should start this. I randomly decided to do 100x20 last time i was in the gym.

Had to do slight pause after 12 maybe though... No way 30 Unhappy

What's your squat at the moment? I failed a 162.5kg squat with a belt only a couple of months ago, reckon I'm weaker right now. I think I'm good for 100kg x 15 without a stop and beltless. Or is your max less than what's shown on your numbers?

29 tomorrow so someone made a silly challenge and thought of this...Wasn't full lockout by any means but still wasn't very easy!
AMH_Power
Funky_monkey said:No stopping at the top, not even for a second. And how big are your quads?

Thinking aesthetics as I can't/shouldn't be squatting heavy due to knee problems, so been having lots of fun killing my quads with relatively light weights.

Not sure, I think I could, but my ability to do reps is s**t... teaches conservation and not expenditure!
Surely 30 reps on any exercise for aesthetics is like cutting a tree down with a toothbrush. I thought aestheics were just a balanced physique with a hint of malnourishment! Even the same weight for less reps but more sets will give better development as they can be more explosive.... 1500m physique vs 100m physique.... give me the 100m anytime. Both carrying same weight, similar total distance per session... just the 100m sprinter will be more sets and more explosive. Just my thoughts; I'm sure people will have theirs that they will share.

Impressive still to be able to do over bodyweight for so many times!
AMH_Power
TomHibbert said:

29 tomorrow so someone made a silly challenge and thought of this...Wasn't full lockout by any means but still wasn't very easy!

Well done mate. Where's this gym, it looks a thing of beauty!

You are here: HomeForumGeneral BullshitWho here can do 100kg squat for 30 reps
Return to top View Desktop Site