Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosWhat were your first lifts on the big 3?

What were your first lifts on the big 3?

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

MrSmall
Bench, squat, deadlift.
What did you lift first time you ever tried them??

I think I was 65 / 70 / 100.
70/50!/90 @ 70kg bw 19yrs old. The squat nearly buried me. The bench I was going for 5 and did 2 and failed the 3rd! Dead wasnt to bad but technique was sloppy
50/30/100 - apparnently I'm not a natural

I remember at uni when I first started going to the gym I had no idea what I was doing I was shoulder pressing 12.5k dumbells and once did a drop set on the bench 40/30/20. WTF

my back has always been disproportionate though. Lat pull downs have never been an issue
Deadlift - 170kg x 8 (1 year ago)

Bench - 40kg (9 years ago)

Squat - No idea
Mmmm hard to actually remember. I was training using machines for a bit before I ever really touched a barbell proper

Squat- 100kgx10x3.

That was my first session doing squatS. They certanly weren't To depth but they weren't hourendous depth all things considered. Prior to that had done some leg pressing and squats on a smith machine.

Bench- 45kgx1 on an old machine press.

By the time I came to do barbell benching I was easily using +60kg for reps

Deadlift- 140kg for reps.

Took me 3 months of deadlift training to get 200kg. Deadlift was the last of the big 3 I started to do. Funnily enough I got to 200kg whilst being hungover for every session! Thurs night were student night down a local club. I went the entir term and was smashed every thurs. Friday afternoons was 'back' training when I deadlifted. The power of being only 20 yrs of old!

I was about 11-12 stone when doing the above
160 100 170 @80kg 29yo
i had trouble benching the empty bar when i first tried lifting at 17, so yeah im no natural either lol first time i tried dead lifting and squat id been lifting awhile and got over 100 but cant remember exactly
Post Edited: 04.10.2009 @ 13:25 PM by Lurkio
After a back injury, and never having actually deadlifted before, I started about 3 years ago with 46k!!! Grin I haven't a clue what I was squatting and benching when I first started lifting weights, and it was in lbs & oz back then and I can't remember that either!
50kg Squat
40kg Bench
100kg Deadlift

All tried at different times in my life but these were my first attempts.
Post Edited: 04.10.2009 @ 14:32 PM by siovrhyl
90/100/180 these were wen i started training properly 2 years ago don't even think i'd gotten under an oly bar I only used machines
Cut and paste from my very first log:

"I finally joined in with the lifters in August 2004 when I managed the huge totals of 90k squat, 45k bench and 110k dead lift. After all I had lifted nothing heavier than a pint before. Come December 2004 I had upped these bests to 125, 75 and 160 and was starting to enjoy the training. At this point I set myself my long term goal, to qualify for the British un-equipped at 110 kilos in my 50th year. This requires me to lose 20 kilos in weight and total 510 kilos for the 3 lifts".

I might be a year late but I'll be at the Brits next Saturday!
will have been less than 48kg as that's the most all my dads weights and bar weighed,remember it took me ages to get a single on the bench with a twenty each side on an olympic bar,how the f**k did I add 100kg to that over 15 years.
bench probably around 40kg - i remember when i first nailed 60kg and was over the moon about it "almost touched the chest"

squats i only did on smith machine, but when i got a chance to do them free weights, i remember nailing 80kg - i bet it was real deep as well Roll-Eyes

deadlift was 115kg the first time i tried it. And the gym instructor came to me saying its a dangerous movement.
dr_hazbun
I had one of them Weider Gold's Gym amateur benches in my room as a teenager with about 60kg worth of weight. I don't remember ever benching less than 60kgs.

I was a late starter on the squat and dead, about 23 years old when I got introduced to them. I was doing bent over rows with 80kg at the time, so deadlifting 100kg was no problem which is what I think I lifted when I first tried it.

Squat - I think I did a few dodgy reps with 80kg when I first did them.
aren't the big three .

Overhead

Deadlift

Stones

You are here: HomeForumTraining & Training VideosWhat were your first lifts on the big 3?
Return to top View Desktop Site