Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoberts Training Journal.

Roberts Training Journal.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

tryst said:
Ah cool, get you. Will look into it.
Ordered sum Cissus in powder form, might be rank tho.Eek
Im squatting low bar, think the bar may slip on my back at times, that may be straining the arms so i try adjust that Davy, cheers.

It will be rank, just take it mixed in a shot of juice. Still horrible, but it works. I took half a teaspoon 3x per day.

Te bar being so low it is slipping is an injury waiting to happen mate. I am doing a lot better with a slightly higher bar position
tryst
FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER.

DEADLIFT.

(D.O.H)
60kg x 2
100 x 2
140 x 2
180 x 1
(MIXED GRIP)
180kg x 5
140kg x 10

C.G.B.P.

60kg x 20
60kg x 20
60kg x 20

STRICT PRESS.

50kg x 10
60kg x 10
60kg x 10
60kg x 10

TRICEP PUSHDOWNS.

20kg x 20 x 3.

SHOULDER PRESS MACHINE.

25kg aside x 15 x 3.

Had 45mins while the wee man was in the junior gym!
So stiff and sore still so light reps, try n loosen up a bit.
always think a high rep minimal rest short sesh is good for the body, gets the blood flowing and the heart rate up. back to lower rep heavier weight sunday bro....
nice work on the DOH you doing better than me
tryst
No sunday sesh, or monday either. Rested up, see if the bicep tendons any better.

TUESDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER.

SQUAT.

60kg x 5
100kg x 3
117.5kg x 2
132.5kg x 4
132.5kg x 4
132.5kg x 4
132.5kg x 4
132.5kg x 4
132.5kg x 4

DEADLIFT.

(D.O.H)
60kg x 2
100kg x 2
140kg x 2
(MIXED GRIP)
190kg x 5(dead stop each time)

DEFICIT S.L.D.L.

100kg x 10
100kg x 10
100kg x 10

Squats are never easy for me but to make em not so hard i really need to concentrate on my form, if i dont it seems twice as hard. Better tonight nearer the end than start. Dead top set was much harder than touch n go at same weight last. No pains tonight tho.Happy
Post Edited: 13.09.2011 @ 22:08 PM by Thing
again nice work there, did you get any cissus? i got some in caps and i'm finding it working already take it 3 time a day. go it from amazon,
tryst
Neil and Davy, i never noticed they earlier posts lads.

Yes, got my cissus in powder form on friday. Tried mixing it, didnt mix and stuck to my teeth lol, using my 5ml creatine scoop now just to stick it on my tongue now and just wash it down. Didnt have the bar so low tonight, a few days rest and the cissus intake and no aches n pains, so far so good.

Neil, my d.o.h feels more natural, think i twist a bit when mixed grip, doesnt feel too smooth. I dont get as much more when i put my belt on and switch grip as i should.Confused
tryst said:Neil and Davy, i never noticed they earlier posts lads.
Neil, my d.o.h feels more natural, think i twist a bit when mixed grip, doesnt feel too smooth. I dont get as much more when i put my belt on and switch grip as i should.Confused

i'm the same with my DOH grip as i feel in a better position so i better just work on getting a stronger DOH grip and Hook grip
nice looking sessions

Happy
Doing so many sets on squats should help your form, as you have to think about setup each time. it certainly did for me. The 6 doubles days are good for that in particular
Ross_Harkins
Lots of volume there Robert, hope it works out for you, bicep tendonitus is part and parcel with low bar squatting I'm afraid It only tendsm to start for me when I'm 200k or above, was worse obviously when going equipped, like others have said massage the bicep tendon at the shoulder insertion to free and release the tension as the tightness caused by biceps supporting the weight in the low bar position is what causes the pain.
tryst
andydanjosh said:nice looking sessions

Happy

Thanks Andy!

I stole your strict seated press from your journal for tonights sesh, well an ever so slightly lighter version Grin
Good tho.
tryst
davycummings said:Doing so many sets on squats should help your form, as you have to think about setup each time. it certainly did for me. The 6 doubles days are good for that in particular

I hope so Davy, think i just need to drum it into myself so it becomes the same every time.
tryst
Ross_Harkins said:Lots of volume there Robert, hope it works out for you, bicep tendonitus is part and parcel with low bar squatting I'm afraid It only tendsm to start for me when I'm 200k or above, was worse obviously when going equipped, like others have said massage the bicep tendon at the shoulder insertion to free and release the tension as the tightness caused by biceps supporting the weight in the low bar position is what causes the pain.

Im just going to try work round it and minimise it as best i can. Really hate the pain, mostly because it affects my bench so badly, cant take the bar down at all when its bad. So when push comes to shove i drop the squats and keep the bench!
Im sure if i get my squat form tightened up it shouldnt be much of a problem but with me it always seems to come when i squat often, not so much the weight cos there aint ever much on the bar so hoping its more a form issue Ross.
tryst
How on earth to you quote more than one person on the same message????

WEDNESDAY 14th SEPTEMBER.

BENCHPRESS.

60kg x 5
100kg x 2
140kg x 2
150kg x 2
160kg x 2(assisted)
90kg x 20.

SEATED STRICT B/B PRESS.

50kg x 10
60kg x 10
70kg x 5
80kg x 5
60kg x 10

TRICEP DIPS.

B.W + 20kg x 2
B.W + 40kg x 2
B.W + 60kg x 2
B.W + 40kg x 5
B.W + 20kg x 10.

Finished of with tricep pushdowns and some other tricep type thing, light x lots.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoberts Training Journal.
Return to top View Desktop Site