Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoberts Training Journal.

Roberts Training Journal.

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

tryst
SUNDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER

Wk 1, sesh 2, davy c's template.

SQUAT.

60kg x 5
100kg x 3
117.5kg x 2
132.5kg x 3
132.5kg x 3
132.5kg x 3
132.5kg x 3
132.5kg x 3
132.5kg x 3

BENCHPRESS.

60kg x 5
85kg x 3
100kg x 2
112.5kg x 3
112.5kg x 3
112.5kg x 3
112.5kg x 9(just did my remaining 3 sets of 3 in one go)

B.W for max reps- 90kg x 20.

Squats felt easier than wed, maybe feel like im maybe getting better form, will get sum vids up next time.
squats weds m8t cannae wait Grin Confused Grin
stephen
Good session there mate.
tryst
maca said:squats weds m8t cannae wait Grin Confused Grin

Squats are the new bench!Grin
tryst
stephen said:Good session there mate.

Start of a new beginning!
You are giving the template a go then Happy blame the Russians

Interestingly I often found the supposedly harder day easier, and that the lower rep one kind of served as anactive recovery day. All the sets where a big help for me, as it forced me to improve my setup, finding the same on bench now too
tryst
yes giving it a go mate cheers. Early days yet but 2nd was easier than 1st, hope that continues!
Already i think the reps will help my nonexistent squat form, we shall see.
It helped mine a lot, especially setting up and walking out. Made me think about form a lot more, and feel so much the better of it
Training is looking good Robert, sounds like you have a good plan in place so no doubt big PBs ahead!
tryst
SuperSteel101 said:Training is looking good Robert, sounds like you have a good plan in place so no doubt big PBs ahead!

If i can stick to it and train regularly then heres hoping.

Hows you and your training these days anyway Alan?
tryst
WEDNESDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER.

SQUATS.

Wk 2, sesh 1.

60kg x 5
60kg x 5
100kg x 3
112.5kg 2
132.5kg x 2
132.5kg x 2
132.5kg x 2
132.5kg x 2
132.5kg x 2
132.5kg x 2

STRICT PRESS.

60kg x 2
70kg x 2
80kg x 2

S.L.D.L.

70kg x 10
120kg x 5
120kg x 5
120kg x 5

Not enjoyable tonight, stiff n sore on squats, gave up pressing, bicep tendons sore Unhappy
Finished with uber light bicep stuff to see if it helps.
Get yourself some Cissus for the bicep pain, and get some friction work done on it.

I had major problems with it earlier in the year, couldn't even do warmups OH, the combination of that got me through the North Isles comp and a good result in the OH at the Scottish final. Nothad any problems since either.

As for the squats, like I said before, you might find session 1 harder each week because you are just recovering from the harder one, but it makes session 2 easier. It did for me anyway. Think its going to be punishing on deads
tryst
davycummings said:Get yourself some Cissus for the bicep pain, and get some friction work done on it.

I had major problems with it earlier in the year, couldn't even do warmups OH, the combination of that got me through the North Isles comp and a good result in the OH at the Scottish final. Nothad any problems since either.

As for the squats, like I said before, you might find session 1 harder each week because you are just recovering from the harder one, but it makes session 2 easier. It did for me anyway. Think its going to be punishing on deads

Aye deads be solid davy!

I give cissus a go but whats friction work???

Try anything tho, want to squat, jus started again for a week or two and thats the pain started. You forget how bad it gets til it comes back again.
Friction work is massage along the tendon, where the friction of the massage helps break down buildups of toxins and stimulates bloodflow to promote recovery.

If you see a good sports physio they will be able to help, an NHS one will probably be a waste of time and make it worse if they are the same as here.

Are you squatting low bar? Mine flared up worse when I did that as I was supporting the bar with the arms, but using a mid bar possition now and its much more comfortable.
tryst
davycummings said:Friction work is massage along the tendon, where the friction of the massage helps break down buildups of toxins and stimulates bloodflow to promote recovery.

If you see a good sports physio they will be able to help, an NHS one will probably be a waste of time and make it worse if they are the same as here.

Are you squatting low bar? Mine flared up worse when I did that as I was supporting the bar with the arms, but using a mid bar possition now and its much more comfortable.

Ah cool, get you. Will look into it.
Ordered sum Cissus in powder form, might be rank tho.Eek

Im squatting low bar, think the bar may slip on my back at times, that may be straining the arms so i try adjust that Davy, cheers.

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsRoberts Training Journal.
Return to top View Desktop Site