Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsQueensferry Lifeboat Strongman Challenge

Queensferry Lifeboat Strongman Challenge

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Competition database entry found for this thread: Queensferry Lifeboat Strongman Challenge (20-06-2010)

Nick79
Post Edited: 12.05.2010 @ 13:39 PM by Nick79
Brian and I have been asked to put on a little strongman show at the Queensferry Lifeboat open day on Sunday 20th June. It will only be 4 events and 8 athletes but we want to make it very impressive for the spectators.

Events
1 - MAX axle - floor to overhead - 4 attempts
Would like to see if we (by we I mean the athletes) can set a Scottish record in this event
2 - Van deadlift for reps - side handles
3 - 300kg frame carry, 400kg tyre - distance and flips to be decided
4 - heavy stone for reps over yoke (weight to be decided)

It is part of a fundraiser day so there will be an entry fee of £10, all of which will be donated. No legendary T shirts, trophy or goody bag this time Unhappy

Ken
ive put the info on the competition database mate ..have u got a postcode for the event ?
oh, and never use 2 words when one will do ....

MAXLE
Nick79
LOL....cheers Boar.

Unsure on the postcode, I'll check and let you know.

Cheers
Post Edited: 12.05.2010 @ 11:16 AM by JC
reeeeaaaaally!

http://www.webjutsu.com.au/wp-content/themes/default/images/ac...

Do you have to be Scottish? Grin
JC said:reeeeaaaaally!

http://www.webjutsu.com.au/wp-content/themes/default/images/ac...

Do you have to be Scottish? Grin

No man, would be good to have you up JC! Can probably put a few wa**ers up as well. Running the 90's on the Saturday, so will be a Strongman-Fest weekend!

Could also change stones to 400kg yoke for 15m if you want? Grin
buzz said:
No man, would be good to have you up JC! Can probably put a few wa**ers up as well. Running the 90's on the Saturday, so will be a Strongman-Fest weekend!
Could also change stones to 400kg yoke for 15m if you want? Grin

LOL, good plan

I will speak to the boss tonight Roll-Eyes Grin
As I said on Riot I'm keen and should be able to make it through.

MAXLE... hmm? Grin
Guys, just a thought, but what is the Scottish Axle Record at right now?
120?
Nick79
BigKen said:Guys, just a thought, but what is the Scottish Axle Record at right now?

That's what I'd like to know Roll-Eyes
Carl said:120?

LOL Grin
I reckon it's 140k.

In most comps it's 120k for reps, but at UKSC SSM '08 there was a max axle, 140k won it by Andy Cairney. I don't know of any other, maybe Stuart Murray would know?
BigKen said:I reckon it's 140k.

In most comps it's 120k for reps, but at UKSC SSM '08 there was a max axle, 140k won it by Andy Cairney. I don't know of any other, maybe Stuart Murray would know?

I was thinking about that last night. Fair few around 130 eh, but only Andy above that, is that right? Pressing has come on a decent bit in Scotand in the past couple of years eh. Sure Jnr's done a decent weight on the axle, and Lee as well when training for the UK's 2 years ago, like 145/150 maybe.
Aye, in comp to my knowledge the biggest is Andy with 140k at the before mentioned comp.

In training I've done 150k, not sure exact number Lee has done, but I'd expect it to be around there.

You are here: HomeForumCompetitionsQueensferry Lifeboat Strongman Challenge
Return to top View Desktop Site