Sugden Barbell: Home User Account
REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMartin's Powerlifting Journal...

Martin's Powerlifting Journal...

Users viewing topic: & 1 Guest

Hi guys, I thought it time I shared my training journal with Sugden.

Bit of history - I have been competing in the BPC / GPC for three full years and this is my fourth. I won the 100kg Men's Open class in 2009 with a 945kg total and then the 110kg Mens Open class and Overall Best Lifter in 2010 with 1000kg total at 102.8kg. Since then I've had back injuries that are still not right and also tendon problems in my forarems.

I am proudly sponosred by Myprotein.co.uk and have been for the last two years. I do rely on the use of supplements especially around training and competitions. I'm certainly no bodybuilder when it comes to food though Happy

2011 Goals -

Break the British Squat record at 100kg (420kg)
Break the British Bench Press record at 100kg (282.5kg)
Break the British Total record at 100kg (1020kg)
Avoid breaking my body too much
Do more to stay fit and healthy and mobile

So, to those who know me on here hello, and those who don't please fire any questions you have at me and I'll do my best to answer.
Here's a little video of this weeks training (including guest start Pete H!)

This is sure to be a great journal worth following. Good luck this year Martin.
Looking forward to watching the vids and reading the journal good luck with your goals ,your achievements so far a incredible .
looks a great training setup ,best of luck with your goals.
hi martin mate !! good to see a fellow hunky prestoner journalising !!

very best of luckj with your niggles and the 2011 season !
Hello.
Cheers guys Happy I shall try to get more random clips of training as the weeks go by.

8 weeks until the Bodypower Expo where I shall be doing bench and possibly deadlift too. The plan is an easy-ish week this week and then 6 hard week then a week rest pre comp. Got to pull my finger out diet wise too cos I'm sitting heavier than I'd like to be.
martin said:Cheers guys Happy I shall try to get more random clips of training as the weeks go by.

8 weeks until the Bodypower Expo where I shall be doing bench and possibly deadlift too. The plan is an easy-ish week this week and then 6 hard week then a week rest pre comp. Got to pull my finger out diet wise too cos I'm sitting heavier than I'd like to be.

You are always too heavy! Think you'll soon have to realise that you are really a 125kg lifter! lol
What are your training plans for this Friday?
Will be following this log with interest. Happy
Good luck with your goals mate - I'm sure you can nail them! (well all except the 'not breaking your body' one Grin )
Post Edited: 28.03.2011 @ 15:06 PM by martin
PeteHodgson said:
You are always too heavy! Think you'll soon have to realise that you are really a 125kg lifter! lol
What are your training plans for this Friday?

Lol no Pete, my head tells me I'm a 90kg lifter Happy Just my stomach needs to start thinkingg it too! Really though I need to either eat a little less and stick at 100kg or put a bit on and go 110kg. I'm def not a 125kg fat boy!

This Friday will either be some stability work for squat or conditioning outside if weather is good.

Thanks Macca, I hope so too. I've come close to the bench and squat records last year but weighed in heavy both occasions so now need to nail the strength at a lighter bodyweight Happy
Deload Upper

Bench on Axle with band suspended weight
Bar + 40kg suspended x 5
Bar + 50kg suspended x 5
Bar + 60kg suspended x 5
Bar + 70kg suspended x 5
Bar + 80kg suspended x 5
Bar + 70kg suspended x 5

DB Press
40kg x 20

Tricep Pushdowns
8p x 2 x 8

Hammer Row Machine
40kg x 3 x 10 each arm

Band Pull Aparts
Mini x 2 x 50

Nice to take it easy today. Felt like I'd done something but no pressure on the joints or strain on the muscles. Feeling like I was hit by a bus after Friday though!
Good session Martin. And check out BigMacca's training log. The guy is a beast!
PeteHodgson said:Good session Martin. And check out BigMacca's training log. The guy is a beast!

Lol yeah I've seen Pete! Some good squats in there Macca Happy

You are here: HomeForumTraining JournalsMartin's Powerlifting Journal...
Return to top View Desktop Site